Author Topic: ST:Reborn Qs  (Read 4523 times)

I have some questions about ST:Reborn.

1. Will there be a first encounter with the Seraphim bomber?

2. Will the GTI have a larger role in the story?

3. How is are the Shivans going to fit in all of this?

4. How long will the campgain be?

5. What new things will we see?

6. Will the GTI and Shivans work together? or is it going to be a reapeat of the Shivans, and the NTF?:confused:

Eddit: When will it be out for download?
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
All will be revealed in time. Shortly, I hope; there's only one and a half missions to go. :)
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
All will be revealed in time. Shortly, I hope; there's only one and a half missions to go. :)

Cool, keep up the good work go GE!:nod:
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Is ST:R sort of a sequel to ST, or is it an expansion or fleshing out of the original Silent Threat?

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It's an expansion, more or less.  We rewrote the Silent Threat plot so that it actually makes sense, and we revamped the old missions and added some new ones.  The re-done campaign is fifteen missions long.

Originally posted by Goober5000
It's an expansion, more or less.  We rewrote the Silent Threat plot so that it actually makes sense, and we revamped the old missions and added some new ones.  The re-done campaign is fifteen missions long.

you know you could get some good voice actors to do that stuff now that it's changed. Will we get a chance to help keep Tarrens and Vasudans from fighting? It said in the Camp room for the text stuff about that but it was never in ST that made me mad.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Uh... that's what mission 1 is about, even in the original Silent Threat.  Eliminate the Terrans and Vasudans who shot at each other.

Uh... that's what mission 1 is about, even in the original Silent Threat.  Eliminate the Terrans and Vasudans who shot at each other.

I mean't there should be more of it sorry.:(

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Just wait and see. :)

Just wait and see. :)

So how longe dose it take to make 1 1/2 missions? I could be dune by now even with my low skills in Freding.

Offline Exarch

Somewhat longer if you want them done well. Fredding a mission doesn't take long in itself, if you have enough time on your hands to put in a couple hours a day you can have one done in 3-4 days if it isn't too complicated. Then starts testing, debugging, and finally balancing for the various difficulty levels, and this is what can really take time on more complex missions.

Sure, if you just want two generic 'jump in, kill hostile bombers while protecting warship' or 'jump in, kill hostile warship while evading fighters' missions, that can be done in a week including balancing and stuff. But will you enjoy them as much as a mission that has challenging events, perhaps some surprises, and a decent plot?

If you prefer the latter kind of mission, you'll also need to let the designers work on them for the time it takes to do them right ;)