Author Topic: What should the GTVA's strategy be?  (Read 167347 times)

Offline crizza

Re: What should the GTVA's strategy be?
Tell them they flushed her body out of an airlock?

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Im sure FS2+ era tech..allows cloning?   :nervous: :warp:
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline Drogoth

I'm sure FS2 + Era tech allows people to be able to tell when a body is cloned and when  it's not, especially considering they will likely be doing an autopsy haha
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Not sure why they would want her body in the first place...
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Not sure why they would want her body in the first place...
As proof.
However, that would require them to actually suspect the fedayeen lying to them in the first place, and dying during the nagari op is rather believable.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Drogoth

She's a super nagari sensitive individual, who they now know is influenced by something that isn't the force they are in contact with, and is possibly opposed to it. Might they want to discern who/what/why? And if they are told Laporte is dead, the only source they might have for that data is by preforming an autopsy. Maybe there is a clue somewhere in her brain.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 03:12:25 pm by Drogoth »
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline -Norbert-

Im sure FS2+ era tech..allows cloning?   :nervous: :warp:
In the dreamscape one of the agents tells you that the Greenfly "visitor" is cloned (among other things) so at least the Gaian Effort use cloning. That means the Fedayeen can most likely get their hands on that technology too, if they see the need for it.... assuming they don't have it already.

No, Greenfly Cell uses cloning.  We don't know about the other cells.  Kostadin Cell probably doesn't use cloning, for example.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
How long would it take to clone a Noémie of the right age though ? I don't think Greenfly can speed up subject's growth, it sounds like it's just genome tampering.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline crizza

Wasn't there something about bioengineering too?
Maybe they create suüper pilots :nono:

That Greenfly girl did have hand-picked alleles, so no doubt genome alteration is far more advanced in BP than right now, since there's no way we could currently even think of doing that to something as complex as a human.

There is a possibility of some sort of accelerated growth, but that's probably going to result in an useless vegetable at best.  Of course, if you need a fast clone to convince the Elders someone really did die, well, there you go.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline CT27

As long as the Shivans/Vishnans don't show up elsewhere, it was probably the right idea to send in more destroyers.

Offline Crybertrance

As long as the Shivans/Vishnans don't show up elsewhere, it was probably the right idea to send in more destroyers.

But, you can't be that sure that they won't turn up unexpectedly too...
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
Use the Gef idea on a larger scale. Send hundreds of asteroids on a collusion course with Earth. The UEF can't stop them all.

Offline crizza

Use the Gef idea on a larger scale. Send hundreds of asteroids on a collusion course with Earth. The UEF can't stop them all.
Apart from the fact, the Tevs want Earth intact, this would be a massive genocide...

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
...and your point is?

Offline crizza

...and your point is?
Wheres the point if the GTVA bombs earth with asteroids?
"We captured earth, but it's no a barren rock with ash clouds"
Great.

Offline Crybertrance

Also, not to mention that propelling asteroids towards Earth through subspace would be apocalyptically inefficient...If the GTVA did want a barren rock with ash clouds in place of their Blue Planet, orbital bombardment would be much more efficient.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
no

they would be fighting people willing to die regardless of the cost because you decided to go and genocidal asshole for no particularly good reason at all

and although they might win, the extermination fleet will be decimated and they will have no industry

but seriously I really hope any of you don't actually believe that's a good idea

i used to hate the UEF somewhat because people in this part of the forum kept saying stuff that confuses me when I was playing, and I basically went "where the hell did this happen?!" and after a while found out that people's perception of the UEF was vastly different to what they were like in the gaem. I despise people's perception of them still however as some people here have really bad perceptions of them in the sense of believing them completely 100% percent perfect and that ububbytu is the path to freedome forever and if you don't think the same you're wrong stuff.

needless to say though I seriously hope you guys don't actually believe that's a good idea

Offline Crybertrance

no

they would be fighting people willing to die regardless of the cost because you decided to go and genocidal asshole for no particularly good reason at all

and although they might win, the extermination fleet will be decimated and they will have no industry

but seriously I really hope any of you don't actually believe that's a good idea

i used to hate the UEF somewhat because people in this part of the forum kept saying stuff that confuses me when I was playing, and I basically went "where the hell did this happen?!" and after a while found out that people's perception of the UEF was vastly different to what they were like in the gaem. I despise people's perception of them still however as some people here have really bad perceptions of them in the sense of believing them completely 100% percent perfect and that ububbytu is the path to freedome forever and if you don't think the same you're wrong stuff.

needless to say though I seriously hope you guys don't actually believe that's a good idea

Umm....No one is actually saying all those things seriously BritishShivans! Its all in good fun!

And also, stop with the "you're wrong stuff" thing please? Although I'm guessing that no one believes that Ubuntu is the path to freedom and is "100%". But, still, people can have opinions different to yours, you know. And that doesn't make them the "wrong stuff".