Author Topic: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!  (Read 222677 times)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
Ouch. I'd rather be limping than blind. I guess that if it worst comes to worst, you could always just forget about the frame and tape the actual lenses in front of your eyes... it would look bloody ridiculous but at least it would let you study :p

Believe it or not, I tried exactly that for a while, but I couldn't get the lenses to line up the same way on both eyes, so things looked a bit different out of each eye and it was just making me dizzy. :p

I ended up just buying a new frame. It set me back by $190 and has a few minor issues, but it was the only one that happened to fit my lenses perfectly and I have a month to return it. I know a place near my parents' house where they can fix these things, so I can take the old one there the next time I go over there. At least that solves the immediate problem and I can actually play at the usual time tomorrow.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
Here ya go.  Hold your glass to your face to watch the vid.  Emergency glasses.  Tell me if it works.

Offline Shade

Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
Neat, tried it and it actually works. I knew the effect on light when it passes through a small hole but I never thought of this application for it.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I tried that but it doesn't do much for me (it works to some extent but not nearly enough to be of any practical use). Maybe my focus without glasses is too poor for it to have much of an effect, as it's something around 20:1200. I guess I make up for it by being highly sensitive to framerates and colors though. :p

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
The weekend game is starting in a few minutes.

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
Wow I just had the best game ever with HBK... I also got 120+ kills... WOot! Not in 1 game though but in some gauntlets and stuff :) I am so happy
Officially fixed FSO. No more errors! Thanks to all who helped. Will play multiplayer anytime!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
;)  :yes:  I'm happy for ya, bro!!  :yes:  :D

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
We ended up having a great crowd for most of today, something that looked unlikely at first.

Wow I just had the best game ever with HBK... I also got 120+ kills... WOot! Not in 1 game though but in some gauntlets and stuff :) I am so happy

Good to hear. :)

I think it's actually possible to get that in one game in a couple of the missions. Breaking the Seal (the Sathanas one) is one candidate, as I've managed 111 in that. (mostly out of the slow moving Seraphims, so non-hosts can probably do it too)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 11:03:06 pm by CP5670 »

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
I'm not in it for the kills... I just want to have fun :) I am an ace now but I am sure most of you guys are too :) We even got a medal in one mission :D
Officially fixed FSO. No more errors! Thanks to all who helped. Will play multiplayer anytime!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
How did you get 111 kills?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
120+ kills... I did some Gauntlets and I hunted things down :) Most of it happoened in Direct IP though with my friend since he can't host in Fsnet and neither can I so unfourtunatly most of them arn't showed on the rankings page

P.S Cole come to the Fs2Net Game viewer chat plz :D I wanna talk to you thier

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Having a game now.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Good game, Aphil seems to have problems when there are more than 2 players.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
I removed the calendar because it's never used, and added Aphil's Hamachi IP thingy.

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
:D Coolz :)

Offline Shade

So, we finally managed to get that Sathanas in Breaking the Seal. Good run this evening :) Of course, we also managed to fail at deliberately failing a mission :p
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I guess it's just as well. I took a closer look at the Colossus mission and it apparently does not stay around for more than a minute or so, which wouldn't be nearly enough time to disable it. :p

We did great in Breaking the Seal though. Like many of the other Cetanu missions, it's not all that hard if you have the right strategy going into it. I think that 10% thing with the Tereus that someone mentioned should allow for a comfortable win.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
I was decorating last night, couldn't come.

Offline Shade

I'll be hosting a few games tonight, starting around 10pm GMT (an hour later than the saturday games).

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
So I'll probably be there.