Author Topic: No subject.  (Read 5508 times)

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
I'd wager it's related to MitS - Friends and Foes seems to be unmaintained for quite a while and it didn't attempt this level of writing.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Se: اَلشَّاهِين

Su: Here you go

Ti: N/A, no metadata available.

Em: N/A, no metadata available.

These records are guano; someone's sanitized the telemetry. Partial transmissions divided into partial transmissions. This could be seventeen, but this could also be any one of over eighty false positives.

Avoid getting your hopes up. We will be back to square one if we start projecting desirables onto a blank page.

Code: [Select]

ASARULUDU

Capella. Record 3781.

(Logs truncated for brevity)

3:34

Big dumb multispectrals blueshift scalar shockstreams. Energetic conversion nigh close to antiprotons. Low-end coruscation you wouldn’t believe. Like watching a universe fizzing out of a bottle, all  monopole and whatnot. Got me reaching for the ‘Gita.

NIMROD pinged nemesis, pre-hop spool, tracking multiple emendations. Magnetometers show her shadow. She’s close enough to reach out, my Gods. Trashed N-3813 with converging contact.

3:57

Commensurate N-Space flexure at the Heterojunction. Labyrinthine pingback disrupting tracking effort. Breathtaking visuals,  awful data incongruence. Consider running from a rabid bear to be suboptimal lab conditions. Reading fuzzed by fire chatter, we...

...Break break, Darts entangled, the Darts are entangled. The wind gave them up, my god. Pull to triage, this is all we're going to get...

4:13 (garbled)

Emendation panic, Bearhowl communing entry. Attempting to blow duct, stand by,

SIGNAL LOST

How is the good work going at Serpentis B?

There’s a lot to unpack here, but I’m getting the idea that these are partial logs from someone who was monitoring the Sathanas fleet when it caused Capella to go supernova. The references to bears a la “Bearbaiting” is one reason for this assumption. I could be wrong about this being the Sathanas fleet because of:
NIMROD pinged nemesis, pre-hop spool, tracking multiple emendations. Magnetometers show her shadow. She’s close enough to reach out, my Gods. Trashed N-3813 with converging contact.
That passage seems pretty emphatic that “nemesis” is singular. But regardless of whether it is one or many, they appear to be witnessing Shivan subspace manipulation in Capella.

Maybe part of what they observe here serves to motivate contingency Morpheus?
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
N-3813, a flight transponder code seems likely, or a star?   

Anyhoooo my skillset isn't magic numbers,  but I can't see anything here https://metanumbers.com/3813
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

I could be dead wrong on my time period. Same passage I previously quoted. “NIMROD.” Nimrod is mentioned a couple times in the Old Testament as an ancient king of Shinar, a mighty hunter, and some extra-biblical myths assert he was the primary leader behind the construction of the Tower of Babel.  Nimrod is also used in my neck of the woods to refer to an idiot.

Possible that NIMROD is a tongue-in-cheek code word for Bosch? If so, my Sathanas theory would not make a lot of sense.

I’m still bouncing ideas around and mostly hoping to get others interested in prying this thing open lest whoever is working on this think no one’s interested!
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I just know it as our old patrol plane.  Might be that simple?  Sounds like a flyby scan poked it metaphorically..
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
I have a feeling that if we consider the nemesis/bear be a metaphor to a Sathanas, this might be a transcript of a observation session using subspace instruments... one that had gotten remotely zapped by something within it. I presume they're at awe of whatever is inside it.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

“Emendation,” is an odd choice of word. Had to look it up because I think I’ve run into it before but not often enough to know the meaning well.  It is mostly used in the sense of making corrections to a document or text. The idea is to make improvements in classification or removal of error.

NIMROD pinged nemesis, pre-hop spool, tracking multiple emendations.
Magnetometers show her shadow. She’s close enough to reach out, my Gods.
And then:

Emendation panic, Bearhowl communing entry. Attempting to blow duct, stand by,
Having trouble reconciling my understood meaning for “emendation”
with how it is being used. “Textual correction panic?” “Reclassification panic?”  The choice of word is conspicuous enough I feel like there should be some meaning to it.

But, if I had no idea what the word meant and we’re going purely from context, “Tracking multiple emendations,” sounds like it is talking about tracking something that the enemy is doing. If it is subspace-related (references to N-space make me think it is), possibly it even sounds kind of like tracking connections or subspace gate endpoints as they are being formed or dissolved.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Assuming Nimrod is Bosch and the Shivan are nemesis, i think the emendations refer to the Shivans finding out that Bosch can talk to them and rewriting their plans accordingly (like by creating Ken).