Author Topic: Screencap Contest - July 2018  (Read 2101 times)

Offline Axem

Screencap Contest - July 2018
This month's theme is "Bombing Run". Show me bombers and their amassed bombs converging on capital ships soon to be hollow wrecks. Bombers flying through flak fields trying to get to their target. Something with bomber attacking cap ships! Friendly, hostile, you decide.

The rules are:

1: No HUD!
2: Images must be presented as they would be as seen with only the FSO engine rendering the image. So that means no after the fact photoshopping (except for cropping), and no external shader programs (reshade and the like).
3: Max 3 entries per person!

Use the screencap script to help you take that perfect shot!

2018 Scoreboard:
CKid - 2
niffiwan - 1
Nightmare - 1
BTA - 1
tomimaki - 1
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 01:00:51 pm by Axem »

Re: Screencap Contest - July 2018
You're judging by July 4th eh? I'd say -4 days to get your submissions in is quite the time crunch!

Offline Axem

I have no idea what you mean. :nervous:

Surely I didn't copy paste last month's post and left in an embarassing due date that I only went back and edited out. How silly! :nod:

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Bombing rebel scum...

Bombing_the_Rebel_Scum" border="0

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 12:32:09 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Don't jump nodes fall under the No -HUD rule?

Offline Axem

Nah, it's an in game object. Nothing you can do to remove it from images (unlike the HUD which you can remove with Shift-O)

Offline Axem

Deadline coming up Friday! Get your entries in!

Offline Axem

This month's winner is tomimaki's just in time and just amazing shot of Medusas firing off Cyclops and it almost looks like there's reflections!

I don't even know how to keep on describing that, it's really great.

Kudos to 0rph3u5 and wookiejedi for their great shots too!

2018 Scoreboard:
CKid - 2
niffiwan - 1
Nightmare - 1
BTA - 1
tomimaki - 2

Two in a row by tomimaki! Now caught up with CKid, who knows how things could progress now!

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Congrats on the win, tomimaki!

That close-up really is something to write home about.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
It's stunning, I'd forgotten how good the Medusa looked these days. :)