Author Topic: Fleet Command v4 Sneak Peak  (Read 5033 times)

Offline tempest6677

Fleet Command v4 Sneak Peak
Version 4 of Fleet Command is moving ahead, full steam. Things like afterburners and shields have been implemented, adding a new layer to the dynamic of fighter engagements. The port to the new engine is more or less complete!

However, the team is looking for help to accomplish our vision of the ultimate FS2 strategy experience. If you have experience with scripting, model converting, or VFX work, feel free to PM us. We can get a release out a lot sooner if we share the load.

For now, enjoy these screenshots. More news will be put out when additional components of the game come online.

[attachment deleted by nobody]

Re: Fleet Command v4 Sneak Peak
 :yes:

Offline Kerfy

nice

Offline tempest6677

V4 continues to undergo refinements! A few gamebreaking holdovers from v3 have been fixed, along with adding some new features and options.

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Would just like to poke this old pilot's nose in here and say that I am hella excited. I only recently picked up Homeworld Remastered, as I never played the originals back in the day, and I have some trouble running the HW2 version to run smoothly, so I'm stoked about this updated release.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

I´m running this mod with Homeworld 2 Classic (from the Remastered Edition) and its absolutely great :)
I would like to assist you but i think i can´t help anymore because i´m just a modeller  :(

Does this V4 working with the regular HW:R Edition? Or do we still have to use the Classic-Version?

Offline tempest6677

v4 is for HW:R and is not compatible with classic. It introduces a host of new features that would not have been possible with classic.

If you have experience with 3DS max, or would like to learn, you could contribute a great deal to getting the game released. Our team has a critical deficiency with modelers/UV mappers and individuals with even a few skills in this area can be a great benefit. Updating the models to the new engine has been the single most significant hurdle towards release.

Otherwise, we're moving toward releasing a closed beta once we solve the last few technical difficulties.

Offline wardog300k

• I'm a FREDder
So no more upgrades for Classic :(,I was really hoping that i'll get shielded fighters and bombers.
Crush the NTF-Conflict Zone
One last war, one last hope, one last survival-Final Destination On Delay
Set free from the GTVA-Liberation Wars On Delay

Offline tempest6677

Unfortunately, the features we have established in v4 simply aren't backwards compatible. We pushed the classic engine to the limit, and the things we're doing with the remastered engine are way beyond what we used to be able to do. We're closer to bringing in all the awesome elements of FS than ever before.

Fighters now have trails when they are in a nebula or dust cloud, and have trails come from their engines while afterburning.

Offline Kerfy

im getting pretty good a uv mapping im not a modeler just play around with stuff i use blender but i do have the patience and time to do some mapping