Author Topic: :welcome:  (Read 23995 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Does that happen if I edit one of my old posts in here?  If so, oopsie on my part, I think I changed one post.  :rolleyes:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yes it does.

Funnily enough I almost made the same mistake of necroing this thread till I noticed the year was 2006 not 2007.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Hmm, well, once it's necroed, you can still use it, right?  seing as the date is now 2007.

lol now I don't feel so bad.
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Interesting. This thread has been created when I joined HLP.

Someone predicted it...a welcoming spree... :lol:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Yes...

The tyranny if the necrothreadageded beam is spreading! :drevil:

who is the man who created it?
Steadfast  Project Member

INFERNO: ALLIANCE

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
IIRC, Goober5000 implemented :necro:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Everybody's using the [i][/i] trick now.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Everybody's using the [i][/i] trick now.

Yeah, the forums are just like the Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Code: [Select]
Everybody's using the [i[b][/b]][/i] trick now.

:eek:  :eek2:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
What's so weird about using

[i[b][/b]][/i]?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
[i[b][/b]][/i]?

Everything. Simply everything.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Some admin make this Snail's User Title (the one under his name):

Code: [Select]
Snail
[i[b[u][/u]][/b]][/i]?

:lol:

[i[b[u][/u]][/b]][/i]?

Offline Snail

• SC 5

[i[b[u][/u]][/b]][/i]?

I don't get it. It's a smart way of showing forum code.

BTW,

turrent, :ha:, I got away with it. :P

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam

[i[b[u[s][/s]][/u]][/b]][/i]?

I don't get it. It's a smart way of showing forum code.

BTW,

turrent, :ha:, I got away with it. :P

IDK.
Quote from: Snail
turrent

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I just had a fabulously good idea.  I'm going to post a Welcome Speech here, and then when I welcome somebody, I can do it like this:

Sensors, target newuser!  Weapons, commence plasma core insertion!  Power up photon beam cannons!  Sensor lock aquired -- Fire!

:welcome:

-Enjoy your stay!  Good resources include Karajorma's FS FAQ and the FSWiki.  If you wish, you can also take a look at our Welcome SpeechTM, which is no longer used, but is still interesting, in its own way.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Exits are to your left and right, as well as to your rear.  Unfortunately, the airlocks are rather unreliable, and the teleporter only works inbound. 

In case a fight breaks out, there are flamethrowers under every seat, however, due to budget cuts, they are only filled with water.  You could try some of the projectile weapons in the weapons closet, but most of them are broken and are more effective as bludgeons.  The Plasma Rifles are in their own closet, and only :v:olition , an admin, God, or the hyper-intelligent shade of the color blue can open them.

In case of a water landing, you can and probably will be used as a floatation device.  If you happen to be exploring the ventilation shafts for some reason (most likely because you are looking for a campaign you haven't played yet), and you come across a five-legged creature with multiple glowing red eyes, you've found Carl, our sometime resident Shivan.  Give him your lunch and back away slowly.  If he's not hungry, you might be alright.  If he is hungry, and he's in a good mood, then at least your death will be quick and relatively painless.  The SCP is all that is good.

Karajorma's FreeSpace FAQ and the FSWiki are your friends.  Mention efF esS thr33 at your own peril.  And, however good it might seem, don't take n00bs' advice*, and don't efff with Goober.

*well, if you must, at least have a huge serving of sodium chloride along with it!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Seem like an OK idea?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
That's about as useless as the original welcome speech and has the added annoyance that the user now clicks on it and has to go back to the original thread he was on.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]