Author Topic: [WIP] Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within  (Read 190326 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Re: [WIP] Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within Act 0 (DEMO)
@Nightmare, @Strygon: The errors you've encountered is something I, the mod creator, cannot control, as addressing such is not in my hands. The people behind FSO are in charge. Or file new issues on the GitHub. As what HLD_Prophecy noted:

May I remind us all... The Germans invaded France with their armored forces, spewing hundreds of tanks across the border and crashing French defenses. That helped the French military find and isolate problems more quickly. The Germans just wanted to improve the French system.  :nod:

EDIT: I can't view the YouTube videos for those who can't play the game.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

@Nightmare, @Strygon: The errors you've encountered is something I, the mod creator, cannot control, as addressing such is not in my hands. The people behind FSO are in charge. Or file new issues on the GitHub. As what HLD_Prophecy noted:

May I remind us all... The Germans invaded France with their armored forces, spewing hundreds of tanks across the border and crashing French defenses. That helped the French military find and isolate problems more quickly. The Germans just wanted to improve the French system.  :nod:

I've heard of exact <1> FSO related bug. The rest IS part of the mod you made. Did you ever ran it on Debug builts?

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Re: [WIP] Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within

I've heard of exact <1> FSO related bug. The rest IS part of the mod you made. Did you ever ran it on Debug builts?
Yes I did. However, what I didn't notice is that I specified hornet.pof in one of the tables. I've fixed it.

EDIT: In case you aren't aware, the Wiki pages on Shattered Stars are updated.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Fixed.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Somebody else already uploaded the video (for those who can't play the game):

At the 00:18 mark, there's a UIMS Hammerhead from Starblade/Galaxian 3/Star Ixiom. This model is now under renovation.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Judging from the video, I'd presume there are other things which are more in need of renovation.

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
Judging from the video, I'd presume there are other things which are more in need of renovation.

I second that. The last thing this mod needs is an updated ship model.
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Somebody else already uploaded the video (for those who can't play the game):

Imo, that is indeed a trolling video... i mean.. the rolling issue has nothing to do with Shattered Stars, but how FSO behave since the introduction of SDL2 at all, because it switched joystick axis back then without to correct the default controls of the game... so every player should reconfigure the axis before...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 07:34:26 pm by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
@Nightmare, @Strygon: The errors you've encountered is something I, the mod creator, cannot control, as addressing such is not in my hands. The people behind FSO are in charge. Or file new issues on the GitHub.

Bryan. For ****'s sake.

You use unsupported features that literally do not even work yet and it's the SCP team's fault? Or are you not capable of taking the blame for something that could have been avoided and just using normal ****ing tables?

Every issue here is your fault, because you have created a mishmash of spaghetti with scripts and weapons and ships thrown together to create "content". The fact that people have to fix the mod themselves to play it means that no, it is not in anyone else's hands.

I look forward to a response that largely shifts blame or has nothing to do with what I just said, because that's really all we can expect now. I really, really had to say something because I can't stand people screwing things up and then blaming others.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Imo, that is indeed a trolling video... i mean.. the rolling issue has nothing to do with Shattered Stars, but how FSO behave since the introduction of SDL2 at all, because it switched joystick axis back then without to correct the default controls of the game... so every player should reconfigure the axis before...

So this is only a joystick problem? OK, Im using keyboard-only. Couldnt test it myself, even though I tried...

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter

So this is only a joystick problem? OK, Im using keyboard-only. Couldnt test it myself, even though I tried...

Yes, it has something to do with Controllers. Because the axis retail and builds pre-SDL used for the Throttle Axis is switched with the Rolling Axis now. So your Throttle controls the rolling and vice versa if you do not reconfigure the Controls in the game.
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

I kinda like the BaseStars traveling around with 200m/s. But it's weird when you have to fly 20 clicks to shoot them for 30 mins on x64.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
I kinda like the BaseStars traveling around with 200m/s. But it's weird when you have to fly 20 clicks to shoot them for 30 mins on x64.
Something to do with the tables.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
Something to do with the tables.

Literally just put the basestars closer, or not make them a target at all.
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

The problem with the basestars is that even a minute after they arrive they travel with more than 100m/s, far away from any capship, so some fighters have to do the job by pounding on them for 10 or 15 mins.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
The problem with the basestars is that even a minute after they arrive they travel with more than 100m/s, far away from any capship, so some fighters have to do the job by pounding on them for 10 or 15 mins.
And not to mention bombers.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Bryan see when shall we work on happynewyear

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
A while back, I remember what Nyctaeus told me to do before starting a project. I was told to write down a design document and here I am, while fixing the bugs for the Shattered Stars Teaser Demo, released four days ago.

Attached here is the design document (in text form), with rough mission outlines for Acts 1 to 5.

Warning: This document may contain spoilers, so read it at your own risk.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Your document is not complete.   
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Well, that's something at least... I hope you can find ways to resolve issues with your mod. (Don't be afraid to ask and cooperate with people at least a bit)

As for the document, it is... very basic. I'd suggest you to think of a basic outline for each of these acts and the whole campaign. Because you need a plot. And you don't seem to have any of the missions outlined in the slightest, but I suppose this will come later. Oh, and I think you meant 'Vishnans' instead of 'Vasudans' in the document.
And when you get to making your campaign, focus very much on the story you want to tell. Because it's hard to play anything that tells no story at all. I suggest you very much to play many other campaigns that are on HLP to get to know how to make something interesting.

Also, don't use the forum attachements function to share your files - they will disappear very quickly. You'd probably want to use some kind of an external file hosting service - examples are Google Drive, Dropbox, MEGA, Mediafire, and purely text files can be hosted via Pastebin.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.