Author Topic: The FSU Pimp Video  (Read 72668 times)

Offline CaptJosh

I still think the choral version of Samuel Barber's best work, Agnus Dei, also known as Adagio for Strings, could work well if the video was done right... Maybe without any of the sound from the game itself... Just weapons fire and silent death all with that haunting track...
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
1812 Overture?  It has a few quiet parts.  I think tieing a cannon boom to a beam would be pretty awesome too :)
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I sorta prefer the 'O, Fortuna' (aka Carmina Burana)...

O, Fortuna  is ridiculously overused. If you really have to use something from Carmina Burana at least go with Fortune Plango Vulnera which is just as good and nowhere near as big a cliché.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 05:00:43 pm by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
...steps out of the shadows.

Feel free to ignore this one, but if you're looking for dramatic music I could recommend Lacrimosa by Immediate Music.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bHPYOcgde98

The track kicks in at 00:26(seconds) and I think is rather good!

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
I'm enjoying it, but I've heard it before somewhere....
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline CaptJosh

Has a feel similar to O Fortuna from Carmina Burana. Which is also a good dramatic piece, though perhaps much used.

EDIT: Holy Crap! Just found a kickass vid of the TSO performing  O Fortuna on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hX1m39N2yM&feature=related
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 10:26:58 am by CaptJosh »
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
So... is there any chance that this can change from a "Wouldn't this be cool music?" thread into a "Hey, I've picked this piece and have begun actually making the video" thread? ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Sorry to bump this, but this looks very interesting. o_o

Anyways, what piece would you (@Sandwich) prefer? Or if there's a general agreement on which piece to use, I'll go looking for stuff that fits.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Anyways, what piece would you (@Sandwich) prefer?

Read the first post of the thread. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Sorry for the late reply. Been a little bit busy lately, I'll try to clear up some time this weekend.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
I have in any format Lacrimosa by Immediate Music in both Choir and non-choir versions.

In fact, I have just about any song by them you care to name.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Darius

Plus Lacrimosa has been tested and shown to be good in a Freespace-related video.

EDIT: Immediate Music, rather...