Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > Freelancer and MechCommander

Freelancer - Original game

<< < (3/13) > >>

CKid:
Windows 7. Yes, I mount the ISO by right clicking on it and selected Mount. Doing so brings up the autoplay box and I select "run setup.exe". I install game with no issues. Once that is done however, when I try to start the game it's asking me to insert the CD-ROM. Sorry for the late response.

BlueFlames:

--- Quote from: RizZen on August 04, 2019, 03:05:53 am ---Microsoft released Freelancer as freeware and it became available for anyone.

--- End quote ---

That doesn't sound much like Microsoft to me.  Is there somewhere we can read the original announcement (or some other documentation) of the free release?

Nightmare:
Wikipedia article doesn't say anything about that; Google search tells me that MS doesn't sell it anymore/cares about it so it's some sort of abandonware.

RizZen:
There had been announcements back in time. You will see it when i find smt. - had same issue with MechCommander, microsoft too - but after speaking with Mitch Gitelman, the head CEO of the developer team everything was cool. The creators of those games like how they get distributed in a non-profit oriented manner.

Nightmare:
If only FS would be available that way too :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version