Author Topic: Let's Play: The Temple of Elemental Evil!  (Read 70420 times)

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
Re: Let's Play: The Temple of Elemental Evil!
thog want thump. thog want drum. thog want cure disease spell.
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
To the meadow companions!

We've got some cleansing to do.

*rodd points with his finger the other way
el hombre vicio...

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
*Poking his head out from betwixt the orbs of his current perch, Nevermore throws in his two gold pieces*

The filthy mortal's idea has merit. And from where I stand, I believe us to be....abreast of any situation that may arise.  *Caw, Caw, Caw!*  ;7
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Greater Turning = death to every undead on screen
Blunt weapons or heavy weapons = dead skeletons

Attacking the giant at lvl 1 = suicide. Wait for LVL3 and have hold person/monster and Ray of Enfeeblement ready

Oh, once you find the rainbow rock (roughly in the center of hte map), expect an undead cleric to pop up with his guards. Consecrate is also a nice spell to have there.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
@Trashman:
at least use spoiler tags ...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Not telling you anything you're not about to find out anyway.

Oh, and using normal turning with a cleric that doesn't have a decent level or charisma score is a pain the ass. the Undead won't be destroyed, they'll flee...and you have to hunt them down.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.

This is the exact reason to use spoiler tags, dude.

Well, everyone's level 1 so our main tactic will be hiding behind Thog, Slab, and I while we smash up skeletons with heavy blunt objects.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline 0rph3u5

"You must die! Toss the Dwarves at him!"

(ah my old battlecry ... back from the day when I was playing Das Schwarze Auge with my friends from school)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
Oh, and using normal turning with a cleric that doesn't have a decent level or charisma score is a pain the ass. the Undead won't be destroyed, they'll flee...and you have to hunt them down.
I would rather have them fleeing then having them all continue attacking me at once, especially at these low levels.  At higher levels, I will also be happy to see particularly dangerous undead fleeing from me rather then killing me.

Greater Turning = death to every undead on screen
If I actually cared about doinig the best I possibly could, I would of taken Sun Domain, yes.

Blunt weapons or heavy weapons = dead skeletons
Ahead of you in that regard - the party already has a set of bludgeoning weapons.  But my experience is proper weapon type > heavy weapon, something that has been hammered into me from years of playing NWN.

Attacking the giant at lvl 1 = suicide. Wait for LVL3 and have hold person/monster and Ray of Enfeeblement ready
Lester can't take Ray of Enfeeblement, as it is one of his prohibited spell schools.  For Luna, I am considering Ray of Clumsiness instead, just for something different.

Besides, a TPK sounds like fun to me!  Was planning on asking the party if they wanted to fight the ogre, but since you went ahead and spoiled it, I guess I will just attack it with my level 1 party without asking :P

Oh, once you find the rainbow rock (roughly in the center of hte map), expect an undead cleric to pop up with his guards. Consecrate is also a nice spell to have there.
What's this, you say?  Another opportunity for a TPK from an event that was not a part of the vanilla game and would of caught me by surprise?  Fun times!  I'm all for TPK's.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 02:45:54 pm by Alex Heartnet »

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Dude, I'm telling you (rather obvious) battle tactics to keep you alive, not story spoilers.

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
Dude, I'm telling you battle tactics to keep you alive, not story spoilers.

Surprises like the ogre and undead cleric are exactly the type of thing that is a spoiler.  This is a western-style RPG, not a JRPG.  Moreover, it's a computer version of a pen and paper RPG, as opposed to just merely being a PC game based on a pen-and-paper game.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 02:55:06 pm by Alex Heartnet »

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
This is a great reason why I've put trashman on ignore. But then ya'll spoil it for me anyway by quoting him.

*Poking his head out from betwixt the orbs of his current perch, Nevermore throws in his two gold pieces*

The filthy mortal's idea has merit. And from where I stand, I believe us to be....abreast of any situation that may arise.  *Caw, Caw, Caw!*  ;7
  Dohohoho  :p

For Luna, I am considering Ray of Clumsiness instead, just for something different.
sounds appropriate
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.

Dude, I'm telling you (rather obvious) battle tactics to keep you alive, not story spoilers.

You're telling us completely unnecessary battle tactics (if they're so obvious) to try and keep us alive while also spoiling things that are supposed to be a surprise.

Not to mention that Alex has already demonstrated himself more than proficient at the game.  I highly doubt he needs your advice.

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
thog thump stupid trashman.

This is a great reason why I've put trashman on ignore.

Where's the ignore button?

Offline 0rph3u5

The ignore list it accessible through the "forum profile" page ...get there like this
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 07:16:30 pm by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You're telling us completely unnecessary battle tactics (if they're so obvious) to try and keep us alive while also spoiling things that are supposed to be a surprise.

Well, someotimes the obvious need repeating as people overlook it.

And you already knew you were going to fight undead skeletons, so no surprise there.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
TrashMan, you did spoil the surprise of what was going to happen. Any way you word it or think about it, a spoiler tag would have been appropriate.
I'm not going to rag on you about it or be rude, but if you have knowledge about anything that is going to happen in the game, tag it if only to avoid this line of conversation in the future.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
At some point in the game you're going to run into an Earth Elemental! 
BE SPOILED!

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw

The ignore list it accessible through the "forum profile" page ...get there like this

Thanks!