Author Topic: ACTION VI transport  (Read 28415 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Galemp: 2048 isn't too big in my opinion because this ship has about 150m so it's so much bigger than for example Tie/In which has about 8m.. I don't think that brand-x will use texture for Tie lower than 1024 :p when I finish this ship I will send it to You so when You think that 2048 is too big You may easy change it to 1024 :) BTW. I use only one texture of course and maybe I add another one normal texture.
My graphics card (and a few other people's) will piss its pants upon seeing a map that big.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
One map that big shouldn't hurt anyone, but at the same time, the TIE has more intricate detail that it currently looks like the Action VI will have, since most of it will probably be fairly smooth flat surfaces.  To warrant a 2048^2 map, that thing would have to be really detailed in the texture and normal map.

Edit:  Large Texture Support

2048 is support by most modern cards, even the Rage 128 and first gen Geforce cards could.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 04:25:37 pm by chief1983 »
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline jacek

Today I have about 1.5h so I add few details in engine section. Here is results:

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
That looks spiffy.  Keep it up!
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Very nice. :nod:
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Significantly more interesting!
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Narvi

It no longer looks like a shoebox! Bravo!

Offline bkd86

You might want to check out this link. http://deckplans.00sf.com/CEC/Action6.html

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Its coming along great, the updates to the engine block really makes for nice ass shots.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline jacek

Thank You guys  :)

bkd86: I've got this blueprint and it has helped me something in recreating this ship. thanks :)

new ingame screenshots:

Offline jacek

I'm finishing this ship (only few details on nose is needed) so if You think that I should change something in geometry please tell me about it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 07:13:46 pm by jacek »

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Hey, that looks great!  The only thing I can think of is that there should probably be something on those flat ventral surfaces to make them fit a bit better with the model's general level of detail.  Of course, it has to be able to look like it can land on a planet, so nothing too fine.  If it's already been taken care of or is something that should be done with a normal map, please ignore this.  :yes:

Offline jacek

Thanks swashmebuckle  :)

In nose section I will add few details but in other section I will use textures to make illusion of details.. I forget about landing gear.. :p but I will draw few lines/panels on texture cause in space it has landing gear close  :)

Offline jacek

update:

chief1983: I sent You PM

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Lookin' purty good.

You know, I'd just like to say that I enjoyed the april fools joke this year.

I was reading the last few posts here, and I actually thought "your mom" was a legitimate modeling term. Like parent group and children groups or something :)

(Every "you" and "your" on the site was replaced by "your mom" for a couple of days, in case you didn't notice)