Author Topic: [RELEASE] Diaspora: Shattered Armistice v1.0 (Windows, Mac & Linux)  (Read 856194 times)

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Re: [RELEASE] Diaspora: Shattered Armistice
for the installation on linux (at least openSuse 12.3), it might be worth mentioning that you have to use Lua 5.1.x (not 5.2) and wxWidthets-ansi-devel
Strange, wxLauncher official builds use Unicode. wxWidgets 2.8 is definitely required though, including the header files (that is, the repo package whose name ends in "-dev" or "-devel").

Offline andsim

« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 02:03:11 pm by andsim »

Offline Vakarias

• I wonder when my personalities will exceed my iq
'Issuies.' *collapses in a fit of illiteracy-induced confusion*

I will say that I love tweaking the Sobek-class' turret data in the tables. I slowed the rate of fire down a bit across all batteries and increased velocity a teeny bit, then boosted the range quite a fair amount. Flak I'm still working out, but so far it has made the Theseus feel more authentic to the series. To compensate, the Baseships fire more frequently and have higher missile velocities. Raiders still love sliding all over the Theseus, though. They do it even more often on the Insane setting, which is frustrating. It's like they're molesting that Battlestar.

It didn't take much to make them a bit more trigger happy, though. Boost the Raider's listed weapon range a little, and they make it look like they're actually trying to shoot you and your buddies down, as well as trying to shoot down your Arbalests.
AKA Vaktezraj on IRC

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Feel free to post your changes. For all we know they're better than our original settings. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

:yes:

"grab your gun and bring in the cat" this is awesome!
We've been having a BSG-fest at our house the last month or so…even featuring in Christmas presents this year…so when I tried BSG online I was frustrated, then I stumbled across Diaspora.
Have installed it on my PC and played through the first couple of missions at 2am….don't remember the keyboard commands as a result! But now I am dl.ing it on my Mac too!
Thanks for all your amazing work on this.

Offline Echelon9

Thanks for the positive feedback. Shout out if you have any problems with the Mac setup (I did most of my Diaspora dev work on a MacBook Pro)

Offline apemax

• My Blog
Just recently went through this and wow what an amazing game. You really captured the feel of it perfectly. Well done. :yes:

Can't wait for the next release.  :D

So, after being horribly, horribly sidetracked with my current backlog (which STILL consists of about 15 games I haven't even started), I decided to jump on Hard-Light to see what was new with FS2. Low and behold, I find out Diaspora came out....quite awhile ago, so I immediately downloaded and started hunting toasters.

By the Lords of Kobol, you guys are AMAZING! Vipers feel like Vipers, I've been pulling maneuvers that, by rights, should be making me sick as a dog, Cylons are positively vicious, the whole feel of BSG space combat is there and it is glorious.

Also, Diaspora is drop dead gorgeous. Not sure if your team gets the props, or if I should give a shout-out to the SCP people, but I am absolutely floored at how good this looks.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The SCP always deserves credit but Diaspora's art direction and assets are really, really, really, really good. Coherent, sharp, eye-kicking, and right in line with the show.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Well I think Starslayer deserves a lot of the credit for that. The designs keep a certain visual continuity without seeming too kitbashy like a lot of Star Trek fan designs do.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Thanks Ace!  I need to credit the modelers myself, a good design doesn't matter if it cannot be executed well in 3D.  Those guys really make them shine.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline bulico

Fantastic stuff guys. I started re-watching the series as I originally only got past season 2 (school got in the way when BSG first aired).  This definitely captures the feel of the show.  I have a mac but dual boot into windows (Diaspora is on both) and will start playing around with Fred soon.   Keep up the good work!

awesome stuff guys!!!  pretty high quality!

Re: [RELEASE] Diaspora: Shattered Armistice v1.0 (Windows, Mac & Linux)
Hi. I just got Diaspora v1.1 and the game is damned AMAZING, but at the start of every mission I have to cross my fingers hoping it won't crash on me the second the game loads. Is anyone else having this issue, or maybe knows of a way to fix it? Thanks.

Offline Echelon9

Hi. I just got Diaspora v1.1 and the game is damned AMAZING, but at the start of every mission I have to cross my fingers hoping it won't crash on me the second the game loads. Is anyone else having this issue, or maybe knows of a way to fix it? Thanks.

Can I suggest you post a thread in the support sub-forum here, and attach your fs2open.log (created when running the Debug build). We should be able to narrow down the cause of the crashes you are experiencing, but they definitely aren't common.

Can I suggest you post a thread in the support sub-forum here, and attach your fs2open.log (created when running the Debug build). We should be able to narrow down the cause of the crashes you are experiencing, but they definitely aren't common.

I have now done that. Thanks for the reply, the support seems very helpful. Hopefully I can get the issue resolved soon :)

Offline Echelon9

No worries.

For anyone interested, I couldn't find a Reddit community for Diaspora, so... I made one:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DiasporaBSG/

If anyone knows how to edit CSS and wants to make a theme for it, that'd be awesome!

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
The download link for the 1.1 patch doesn't have any mirrors, but it needs one... what's currently listed is such a slow download that it's essentially broken (I haven't yet gotten it to succeed before timing out). Please fix, thanks!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Which particular patch? The Windows, Mac or Linux patch?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]