Author Topic: POF exporter for MAX - Need people with MAX 4, 5 and 6 for testing  (Read 280925 times)

POF exporter for MAX - Need people with MAX 4, 5 or 6 for testing
So no 3ds7? Oh great. #6 POFexporter worked once and then stopped. Why did I get 3ds 7???
I have created a masterpiece.

Originally posted by Styxx
Eh, no worries. Fixing the Reset X-Form problem is high on the priority list, but I'm a bit out of time and it may take a while.

ok, more than a month now, anything new maybe?

and i have another problem, no reset x-form this time, i swear :)
is there a polycount maximum for this exporter? cause i have a model with an overall polycount of 30k and it wont export at all. at 1% it kicks max. even when i tried just detail-0 it didnt export.
i really could use a better max exporter ;)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Did you mention the moment of intertia problem (apparently that's what it is) that means when you kill a big ship it spins around on the spot like a crazy thing as it explodes?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

oh yeah, this is another thing too :)

and my last problem was solved by stratcomm, it was because an object didnt have textures on it.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Styxx
Styxx
Styxx
Styxx
Styxx
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Moment of Inertia IPAndrews. You need to open the resulting POF with Modelview32 and in put new MOI numbers. Copy the numbers from a retail FS2 ship of similiar scale and mass.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
ModelView - corrupt pofs - low polygon limit.

Offline tomcat

• Dark Lord of Truespace
Ian you are talk out of ya arse..
Truespace is the path of the Dark Side
-----------------------------------------------
Dark Truespace Master Tomcat

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Styxx, got another glitch.  It looks like insignia generation has something wrong with it.  The points themselves look ok in PCS, but in game the insignia goes all sorts of crazy.  If you ever get back into developing this, could you take a look at that?
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

There is a version of Modelview with increased limits. I'm able to view my 30K+ Galactica without a hitch. http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~freespace/fsdoc/index.php?pagename=ModelView%2032

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Re: POF exporter for MAX - Need people with MAX 4,
where is the link for the most current version of this plugin for max?
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
In theory it's in the first post.  Styxx, you should probably get that to point to the new hlp space before the one on Gamespy disappears forever.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
In theory it's in the first post. Styxx, you should probably get that to point to the new hlp space before the one on Gamespy disappears forever.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I have something to bring to your attention:

http://www.3dap.com/hlp/staff/sticks/pofexp.zip = www.hard-light.net/3dap/hlp/staff/sticks/pofexp.zip

You can thank Shrike for that one. :drevil:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken