Author Topic: Re: The Cursed Interview: Ransom Arceihn on his original artwork!  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: The Cursed Interview: Ransom Arceihn on his original artwork!
I don't really see the point in adding things which are totally unrelated to the main subject. Sources of inspiration are totally different, especially when dealing with unconventional campaigns like Ransom's.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The subject is Ransom, they would've deepened the interview, but you can't have everything.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I had my good reasons, and you know what I'm refering to. I would tend to ask more about the person who lies behind an account (as I did with TrashMan) but I suddenly had to stop.

As you almost certainly remember, it was my intention to start the BP interview with a confidential tone by introducing the person first and the artwork then. You provided an example of hacking (or something similar, I don't remember...) well within this community, so I had to switch to a more specific "When did you join the BP team?" for safety reasons.

That's fully understandable, IMHO. Answers to questions like "What's your favourite singer?" and "What's your dog's name?" are the first step towards account hacking: I could clearly see one of my brother's friends hacking his account after a short and well aimed discussion.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Okay, no, you're missing something here.

I was interested in his creative inspirations, which you discussed in some detail in the interview. I would have loved to have read more of his thoughts about the role of narrative in games. That contains no personal information.

However, the interview was fine, and there's always something more that could be done - it has to stop somewhere.

Now please drop the topic.

It was a fine interview, but discussion about, say, the importance of a voiced protagonist is not nearly the same as giving your full name and home location.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 10:22:59 am by General Battuta »

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Re: The Cursed Interview: Ransom Arceihn on his original artwork!
Mobius, you're on notice.  Quit being a jackass.