Author Topic: FreeSpace Port Missing from FreeSpaceOpenInstaller?  (Read 566 times)

FreeSpace Port Missing from FreeSpaceOpenInstaller?
Hi there!
I just had a blast replaying the original FreeSpace with MediaVPs during the last days. I loved the game as a kid and your mods allow me to play it just like I remember it, thanks!

As a next step, I wanted to try the Silent Thread Reborn Campaign and launched the FreeSpaceOpen Installer again. However, all the FreeSpace Port-Mods seem to be gone suddenly o.O
I still have the FreiRaum-Mods available vor selection but if I try to install those then I get the message that the required dependencies (obviously) can't be found.

Is this a known problem at the moment?

Merry Christmas and thanks a lot!

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Re: FreeSpace Port Missing from FreeSpaceOpenInstaller?
Hi there! Glad you enjoyed replaying the original game. :)

For getting FSPort and ST:R, Knossos is now the preferred way to install/launch mods.

If you run into issues, the best place to get help is the HLP Discord.

For a completely new mod, [shameless plug]check out The Battle of Neptune, which you can also get through Knossos[/shameless plug].

Cheers!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 05:55:46 pm by jg18 »

Thanks so much! Knossos worked perfectly once I figured out how to configure the ForceFeedback Strength :)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
To tie up a loose end, there was a bug in the FSPort config file on the FSO Installer.  That's been fixed.