Author Topic: Forum game: Rules/Discussion  (Read 163782 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: Forum game: Rules/Discussion
About the thing the Zy left behind. Spend a single action to investigate. Results of the scans/scouting/everything will be known next turn.  :drevil:
Of course you can also just leave it alone.  :drevil:

Spoon, the 2nd LSF did not move last turn and was on 100/100. So why is it now on 70/76?
I uh, huh  :confused:
I am not sure how that happened.

I shot them for not submitting orders.
That, or a clerical mistake miscounted ships.
That must be it. Or mass desertion because of too much smugness.

RIP, Fist of Silva. Your sacrifice was not in vain. Fortunately, Admiral Ralwood's flag lieutenant hit him over the head and threw him into a lifepod before he could finish his speech about going down with his ship.
Very well.
A new fleet will be ready for you to command on turn 10.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Veers

I'd keep that Lieutenant if I were you,  :lol:
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
Those lizards are going to pay

Racist...

Offline Lorric

@ Enioch - I'll get to the South, don't you worry. Later on today.

About the thing the Zy left behind. Spend a single action to investigate. Results of the scans/scouting/everything will be known next turn.  :drevil:
Of course you can also just leave it alone.  :drevil:

So then Jellyfish, you'll have to switch your Resupply to investigating this thing, if you want to check it out.

Spoon, the 2nd LSF did not move last turn and was on 100/100. So why is it now on 70/76?
I uh, huh  :confused:
I am not sure how that happened.
Thanks.

RIP, Fist of Silva. Your sacrifice was not in vain. Fortunately, Admiral Ralwood's flag lieutenant hit him over the head and threw him into a lifepod before he could finish his speech about going down with his ship.
Very well.
A new fleet will be ready for you to command on turn 10.
If Torchwood shows up, can he still get his new fleet at Turn 9? If he doesn't, could we have a new fleet at Turn 9 and give it to someone else?

Offline Lorric

(Manly tear for the loss of so many good Delest men and women).

Lorric, could you crunch some numbers on the southern front? I am thinking of attacking something (maybe the 2nd Hertak) and then retreating to Vega (and so I will deal damage while attacking AND while retreating, while ending up safely in a friendly system). I can also just prepare a barrage and stay in Draco and try to weather the assault of the 2nd Hertak + 3rd Nordera +4th Nordera fleets. Would that kill me? ( I think so). Should I just run?

And regarding the rout of the 4th Fura: it's not just the damage they took. Remember that they were in Draco when I took out the 1st Hertak. It might be that the destruction of their masters sapped their will to fight.

Can somebody kill the 1st Nordera? It's ridiculous that they are still alive at turn 6.

And do you want to bet that what the Zy left behind is a Knossos, to allow the Hertak to attack us from behind?

Alright, it took me longer than I expected to get to this, but here we go. Oh and good point about the Hertak masters going down, I was talking about that on an earlier turn and somehow forgot. I believe you are right, and it was the 1st Hertak that inspired the Fura'ngle to Normal morale in the first place.

Okay, I believe we should have a triple attack on the 1st Nordera:

2nd DD Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 16+8=24 (18+2+2)
- Capital attack strength: 16+8=24 (17+2)
- Fighters at 78% Strength, 3rd Gen
- Capital ships at 80% Strength
- Morale: Very High
- Barrage on Cooldown, Available again on Turn 8
- Inspirational Leader

2nd LSF Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 22+8=30 (19+2+1)
- Capital attack strength: 15+11=26 (14+1)
- Fighters at 100% Strength, 3rd Gen
- Capital ships at 100% Strength
- Morale: High

Cyrvan Star Armada: 1/1
1st CSA Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 23+10=33 (23)
- Capital attack strength: 20+12=32 (20)
- Fighters at 100% Strength
- Capital ships at 100% Strength
- Morale: Normal

vs.

1st Nordera Fleet:
Fighter attack strength: 15+6=21 (10+1)
Capital attack strength: 12+8=20 (8+1)
Fighters at 136% Strength
Capital ships at 137% Strength
Morale: High

7/7 damage to each ally fleet.
87/82 inflicted.
Nordera down to 49/55.

That’ll cut them down to size nicely at minimal cost.

I’ve then calculated the max enemy retaliation:

Strongest available enemy attack:

1st Fura'ngle Fleet (I THINK)
Fighter attack strength: 15+11=26 (16-2)
Capital attack strength: 21+8=29 (20-2)
Fighters at 109% Strength
Capital ships at 114% Strength
Morale: Very Low

2nd Hertak Fleet:
Fighter attack strength: 15+10=25 (22)
Capital attack strength: 20+8=28 (30)
Fighters at 66% Strength
Capital ships at 68% Strength
Morale: Normal

4th Nordera Fleet
Fighter attack strength: 12+5=17 (10+2)
Capital attack strength: 10+6=16 (8+2)
Fighters at 100% Strength
Capital ships at 100% Strength
Morale: Very High

Estimated Max Damage - 68/73

So the 2nd DD’s retreat, which has already been implemented after it’s attack on the Nordera is a good move, as they would be vulnerable to elimination at exactly 73% health.

So looking at the rest, the 1st CRF has moved into position in Vega and Resupplied already. Now if we have the 4th CRF Resupply and enter Draco, and Enioch, we have your 3rd DD remain where it is and prepare it's barrage, we’ll have four fleets in a position to attack next turn, two in each system so the retreat will be covered. The Heirarchy will likely focus on one, most likely the Cyrvans, but can’t finish anyone, everyone’s well over that 73%, leaving three left in position to attack. These three will be in a position to finish the 2nd Hertak on the turn after this one, or if the Hertak retreat, dish out some strong damage somewhere else. By then, the 1st CRF and 3rd SF will be back in business as well. Oh and speaking of which, I also recommend the 3rd SF to perform a double Resupply:

3rd SF Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 9 (18+2)
- Capital attack strength: 6 (18)
- Fighters at 38% Strength, 3rd Gen
- Capital ships at 35% Strength
- Morale: Normal

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Lorric, are you assuming the 2nd LSF will actually do something? You can't count on Jerran fleets to do that, you know.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Lorric

Lorric, are you assuming the 2nd LSF will actually do something? You can't count on Jerran fleets to do that, you know.

It won't screw everything up if he doesn't move, the Nordera will do 11/10 damage and end up at 79/81, so it won't change the maximum damage the heirarchy can inflict. No one will die. But the 2nd Hertak might slip between our fingers the turn after this one.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Mind if I just resupply and use Zeal this turn? Unless you want me to meatshield in Draco, I'd rather stock up on health and morale this turn and return to the fight next turn.

Also, 1st DD's and my attack on the 1st Fura'ngle in Draco seems to indicate that Fura'ngle morale collapses quickly when they're attacked, even if their fleet didn't take much damage. Maybe something to keep in mind?
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Lorric

Mind if I just resupply and use Zeal this turn? Unless you want me to meatshield in Draco, I'd rather stock up on health and morale this turn and return to the fight next turn.

Also, 1st DD's and my attack on the 1st Fura'ngle in Draco seems to indicate that Fura'ngle morale collapses quickly when they're attacked, even if their fleet didn't take much damage. Maybe something to keep in mind?
I hadn't realised you had Zeal ready. I would like you to go to Draco though. You are at 79/65, so if you Resupply then go to Draco, you'll be at almost full strength at 100/95.

It's about putting three fleets in position to strike at the Hertak. If the Hertak strike in Hydra, which is where I predict they'll go if they do attack in order to hit the Cyrvans, you'll need to travel again. Believe me I like using my Zeal too, but I think it's important to make the move. Also, if you don't, then the Heirarchy might target the 3rd DD instead, and then there'll be no one there to cover the retreat.

We'll have to look at that the next time we hit the Fura'ngle. But I am inclined to agree with Enioch's suspicion that this dramatic drop happened because the 1st Hertak went down.

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
So, you suggest I should just prepare Barrage and wait there?

What happens if, say, the 2nd Hertak, 3rd Nordera and 4th Nordera/1st Fura all hit me? Do I die?

Please keep in mind that several Hertak fighters survived the destruction of 1st Hertak and they might very well have been picked up by the 2nd Hertak, just as we pick up surviving fighters Can I have a number crunch on that?

If staying in Draco might result in my fleet's death, might it not be better if we abandon the system? Say Lepanto stays in Vega and resupplies, while I hit the 2nd Hertak (Major) and retreat to Vega (minor).

Then the 1st CRF can Double move to Draco and defend the system (it has 90+ health) so the (heavily damaged) Hertak cannot advance to Vega while we resupply and prepare to cover the CRF's rotation to Vega.

If my moves are this:

Major:attack 2nd Hert.
Minor: retreat to Vega (taking half damage from 2nd Hertak (damaged after first fight) and 3rd Nordera)

and Lepanto resupplies and Zeals

and Veers double moves to Draco

We end up pretty well, I think. The 2nd Hertak are at ~30% (after damage inflicted by me during attack & retreat), one fleet resupplying, one fleet holding the line, one fleet preparing to attack. Opinions?

EDIT: Oh, and this:

is probably wrong. If the Fura resupply, I believe they will not go over 100%. I believe that any '1st fleet' of the enemy are overpowered just for the first attack and will not be able to resupply above 100% if damaged.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 05:52:12 am by Enioch »
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

EDIT: Oh, and this:

is probably wrong. If the Fura resupply, I believe they will not go over 100%. I believe that any '1st fleet' of the enemy are overpowered just for the first attack and will not be able to resupply above 100% if damaged.
The 1st Nordera resupplied from 135% back to 150% at turn 2 (even more disturbing they were able to resupply (first action) together with 2nd Nordera (first action as well) while the system was not yet secured (second action by 4th Cordi ) which means their base strength is 150%. I guess the Fura can resupply from below 100% to higher values as well.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 06:16:07 am by Admiral MS »
Here goes scripting and copy paste coding
Freespace RTS Mod
Checkpoint/Shipsaveload script

Offline Enioch

Hadn't noticed that. Point taken.

Offline Lorric

So, you suggest I should just prepare Barrage and wait there?

What happens if, say, the 2nd Hertak, 3rd Nordera and 4th Nordera/1st Fura all hit me? Do I die?

Please keep in mind that several Hertak fighters survived the destruction of 1st Hertak and they might very well have been picked up by the 2nd Hertak, just as we pick up surviving fighters Can I have a number crunch on that?

If staying in Draco might result in my fleet's death, might it not be better if we abandon the system? Say Lepanto stays in Vega and resupplies, while I hit the 2nd Hertak (Major) and retreat to Vega (minor).

Then the 1st CRF can Double move to Draco and defend the system (it has 90+ health) so the (heavily damaged) Hertak cannot advance to Vega while we resupply and prepare to cover the CRF's rotation to Vega.

If my moves are this:

Major:attack 2nd Hert.
Minor: retreat to Vega (taking half damage from 2nd Hertak (damaged after first fight) and 3rd Nordera)

and Lepanto resupplies and Zeals

and Veers double moves to Draco

We end up pretty well, I think. The 2nd Hertak are at ~30% (after damage inflicted by me during attack & retreat), one fleet resupplying, one fleet holding the line, one fleet preparing to attack. Opinions?
I would like to stick with my proposal. Do not worry. You will not die.

I think Spoon would have told us if the fighters had transferred. But it will be negligible if they have.

Offline Enioch

You are probably right. Your suggestion gives us a nice followup attack on the next turn.

However, if I get killed, I'm hitching a lifepod, driving it to the North front and strangling you in your sleep.  :arrr:

Offline Lorric

However, if I get killed, I'm hitching a lifepod, driving it to the North front and strangling you in your sleep.  :arrr:
:lol:

Somehow I don't think escape pods are designed to traverse multiple systems. :)

Offline Enioch

Mine will be fueled by homicidalrageium.  :mad: Put that in your fuel tank and you can jump without Starlances, like the Zy. Standard issue on Delest fleets.  :drevil:

EDIT: So, to sum up: I prepare Barrage and wait (i.e. no attack?)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 12:06:08 pm by Enioch »

Offline Flak

To my brothers,

If you're reading this, then I was probably killed by some slimy Hertak scum who got lucky. Hopefully the bastard is dead and is breathing vacuum, but if not, you better avenge me or I will haunt you until the day you die.

p.s. Kill all the alien bastards that I wasn't able to.

Offline Lorric

Mine will be fueled by homicidalrageium.  :mad: Put that in your fuel tank and you can jump without Starlances, like the Zy. Standard issue on Delest fleets.  :drevil:

EDIT: So, to sum up: I prepare Barrage and wait (i.e. no attack?)
Well, I did use Defend this turn. Perhaps that will help me see you coming... :)

Yes. Barrage, wait.

And don't worry about the Hertak fighters. 5% survived. If they've joined the 2nd Hertak, that will add 1 to their fighter damage. So I haven't checked, but that will mean either +1 on capital damage or nothing at all.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Yay Dragon's back!
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Yes, I am. :) I was on vacation last week, couldn't log into HLP. I've had some fun sailing, but on land there were a bit too many drunk students. Still, a nice trip.