Author Topic: About the next release  (Read 4660 times)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by IPAndrews
You need a seperate cockpit pof for each ship. /B]

Why?

Not that it's not preferable for organisation and soforth, but what reason makes it a necessity?

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
It would not be very believable to have an Aurora cockpit while flying a Thunderbolt. They are different, ya'know?:)
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Originally posted by aldo_14
Why? Not that it's not preferable for organisation and soforth, but what reason makes it a necessity?

Because having the standard LOD0 of a model have a fully detailed internal cockpit model is ludicrously wasteful. Even if it's not a seperate pof the cockpit should be a seperate submodel and not a part of LOD0.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Because having the standard LOD0 of a model have a fully detailed internal cockpit model is ludicrously wasteful. Even if it's not a seperate pof the cockpit should be a seperate submodel and not a part of LOD0.

I already suggested workarounds for that above.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Yes a workaround. Thus:

We have a hack that allows a half-assed implementation of 3D cockpits :D

I think we are on the same page.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
So why not do it and then pull out the subobject if you get seperate pofs at a later date?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Same page different book. Ok never mind. Forget I said anything ;)