Author Topic: Additional Babylon 5 ships not included with The Babylon Project?  (Read 5297 times)

Offline maje

Additional Babylon 5 ships not included with The Babylon Project?
I'm curious as to what ships were not included with The Babylon Project (no, I'm not asking anyone to make them).

I know that there are lots of filler aliens that showed up once in the series, and that there is a lot of concept artwork out there that never had the chance to be implemented.

I'll begin the list.

Drakh Spaceport (from cancelled ITF game)
Walkers of Sigma 957 ship
Soul Hunter vessel
Lumati transport
Hurr Gunship
Hand Brittlestar (don't bother me about this)
Shadowbolt (I'm taking care of this)
earlier versions of Vorlon craft during the Thirdspace flashbacks.
Vorlon Observation Outpost
Shadow 'Eye of Z'ha'dum'
Death Cloud
alien fighters from Racing the Night.
Technomage Pinnace shuttle
Ipsha Battle Globe
Drazi Sunhawk (we have the Firehawk in TBP).
A View From The Gallery alien ships (are these guys the Wurt? *Wurt were a Shadow Servitor race mentioned in the Passing of the Technomages trilogy)
Streibs vessel.
Liandra
Valen
Enfalli
Thirdspace jumpgate
EA Cotton Tender
Abbai Gunship (concept art for Into the Fire Game)
A whole slew of Earth Alliance civilian transports (really, most of these things are variants of ships already included in TBP).
Gaim starships (I think the Gaim introduced their own ships after having lost the bulk of their acquired fleet against the Shadows.

I'm sure that there are more ships and races that I'm not remembering.

Are there any more Shadow servitor races out there?  Did the Zener ever have unique ships of their own?  I know that Into the Fire would have introduced another Shadow servitor race with their own ships independent from the Drakh.

How about any more Narn, Centauri, and Minbari ships?  What about the League?  There are something like 24 races, yet the only ships we ever see belong to the Brakiri, Drazi, and Vree, and even those are limited to one or two types of craft.
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Re: Additional Babylon 5 ships not included with The Babylon Project?
yeah one or two of these would definitly come in handy for fredding...

...well, I managed to fake a lot of stuff in the FortuneHunters campaigns  :lol:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline maje

yes, that would be using Firehawks in place of Sunhawks.  (It's 2260 that informs you that the Drazi fleet has updated it's Sunhawk compliment to have armor plating around it's reactor/engine core; these are the Firehawks).

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Well there is a Vree support ship but no Vree fighters which seems odd.

Not really ships but what about those subspace aliens that try to mate with the Excalibur.  Also have that subspace graveyard.

No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Wow...  :eek2:
I didn`t think there were that many ships, guess I was wrong.

Even if you get a few of the ships listed above, would open up a broader range of missions.

The one ship i thought to ask about, well i`ll leave it alone, as you stated above.  :p

The best of luck to you, in this project.  :D
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Then I guess you haven't even looked at Babylon 5 Wars, which adds about 20 some ships to each race (Minus Vorlon and Shadow) and adds 5- 7 more races with their own fleet of ships from Fighter to Heavy Destroyer and whatever.

Offline maje

No, can't say that I have.  Anyways, the Munin actually works ingame now.  I'm surprised myself considering the BS that I have to sort out with the Brittlestar and misadventures in POF Exporter.  For more info, I would check out the Crusade thread that terran_emperor started.

Offline Vidmaster

yes, that would be using Firehawks in place of Sunhawks

yeah but there is more. Like my (awesome looking) reskin of the League base in the same level or the ShadowBase in M12. And don't forget Liberty Port in the Intro of both episodes and in the corresponding multiplayer mission  :blah:
But actually Whitelight exaggerates. You can fred a lot of good stuff with the existing ships, as many custom campaigns clearly prove. Those First Ones vessels will make an appearance soon too.

by the way, whats Babylon 5 Wars? I am gonna search google now.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Tabletop game.

Offline maje

What I want to know is if there is any good reference pics or perspective drawings of any of those B5Wars ships.  I'm really interested in seeing concept art to see how things evolved.

Offline -Norbert-

Shadow 'Eye of Z'ha'dum'

If you mean the Eye from the Technomage Trilogy there is really no nead for it, since it's deep within Za'Ha'Dum.
Or do you mean what they saw early in the 4th season, were they go to Za'Ha'Dum to search for Sheridan and get "hypnoticed" by something that looks like invisible shadow heads were only the eyes are visible?

Offline maje

Yes, I'm talking about the thing that hypnotized the Whitestar crew when they went to retrieve Sheridan at Z'ha'dum.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I thought that was more of a telepathic projection then a ship.  Maybe something that could be done as a planet or nebula.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
THe shadow eye thing would be impossible to do except as a nebula evironment or back ground.

Ive been trying to get the Deathcloud ingame for a while. I thing ive got a viable method now. I just have to see if it will work
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline maje

why would the Shadow eye be impossible to make as a model? Build a Shadow head, use a transparency map for the textures, and then assign glow points for the eyes.

Is there something I'm missing on this?

Offline Vidmaster

the eye is something which definitly unnecessary, because if you see it you loose. Where is the point in fredding a mission like that? And putting so much work in a Easter Egg...           ...I don't know.

If you got a good solution emperor, tell me.

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
well, i think maje got on the head there...

Im working on making Black-omega reskins of the ea capitals for anyone who wants to make a Telepath Crisis campaign. So far ive only got the Omega destroyer done. For some reason i cant open up the Midwinter and hyperion models in PCS2
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline emi_100

• www.artstation.com/emimartinez
If you want to know all the additional Babylon 5 ships not included with The Babylon Project, plase enter here:

http://ftp.themadgoner.com/B5/B5Scrolls/B5Scrolls.htm

It's a VERY complete and interesting site  :)
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

-------FAITH MANAGES------
  • Normal Maps for -The Babylon Project-
  • "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!
  • "One Mistake" (Third Space Campaign)
  • "Each Night I Dream of Home" (Crusade Single Mision)

Offline maje

yes, I know of that site, but I'm talking more about Expanded Universe stuff.  I mean, come on, we all know that the Hurr, Abbai, Hyach, Pak'ma'ra, and such have their own ships.

What was interesting is that the Gaim have their own fighter which is usually shown flying around B5 as a background ship.  This will be much better than me using Narn Frazi-class heavy fighters as substitutes.

Btw, the Walkers ship is going to have major clipping where the feet connect.  Since it's pretty difficult to make out the exact details due to in credible dark lighting compounded by incredibly dark textures, I think it will be okay.  Funny how the bones that make up the feet seem to be taking a while to model (need to adjust some positioning. and create a few more bones and that will be all set).

One last thing, this ship is probably going to be incredibly high in polycount in relation to other TBP ships and will also be using a great deal of animated textures (I may even normal map the feet), so I'll definitely need beta testing to see how this is going to work.

Offline emi_100

• www.artstation.com/emimartinez
how many polys exactly mage?
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

-------FAITH MANAGES------
  • Normal Maps for -The Babylon Project-
  • "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!
  • "One Mistake" (Third Space Campaign)
  • "Each Night I Dream of Home" (Crusade Single Mision)