Author Topic: Relic mini-campaign uploaded  (Read 26473 times)

Offline Slasher

Relic mini-campaign uploaded
UPDATED: November 3rd, 2010

Fixed a bunch of stuff, redid some textures, and added achievements.  The new version can be downloaded from the link directly below.  Provided there are not any show stopping errors, I'll consider this one the new "final" in a few days.    

TBP Relic 1.0a (24.34MB): Mediafire

Requirements:

The Babylon Project 3.4b core (791 MB)
Zathras 2.0 (119.23 MB)
FS2Open 3.6.12 executables

Links to old version - December 23rd, 2009 (23.39 MB):

MediaFire download link
BDHR download link
ModDB
Rapidshare
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 01:02:21 pm by Slasher »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Relic mini-campaign uploaded
Added one for ya.  You can also upload it to ModDB.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Slasher

Thanks FUBAR, uploaded to ModDB and currently awaiting authorization.

Offline Slasher

Thanks Niroborn.  First post updated with ModDB and Rapidshare links.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Could you send me that video as well.  More content for DVD 2 if we ever get to it.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Slasher

Yeah, I'll upload a recording of it to MedaiFire as soon as I get the chance.  I don't have a better quality version of the video on YouTube anymore but rerecording it is no issue.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Added to Campaign Download List and to ModDB  :)
Content! WE HAVE CONTENT AND IT'S NOT MADE BY ME, I REJOICE!!!!!

Plus, the campaign is AWESOME. I hope you will continue fredding for TBP and create more cool stuff for us to play. :yes:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

i've only played the first two mission atm, i keep replaying the second a lot :) but i cant make the code work for the thunderbolts QQ. Other than that it looks awesome.
AN S&M VERSION OF STAR TREK: BEAT ME UP SCOTTY!

Offline Vidmaster

Highlighted, promoted on ModDB, finished.

I love cool content to play through  :)  :yes:

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Hopefully this and many of the other new TBP campaigns will be in DVD release 2.0!  :yes:
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline starlord

Great job! that was the mysterious TBP video on youtube I saw...

Offline Vidmaster

Hopefully this and many of the other new TBP campaigns will be in DVD release 2.0!  :yes:

this? bet on it. Many other new...  :confused:   not sure.

Happy new year folks.

Lets get this thread back to track. After trying a lot i still can't unlock the pod containing the tbolts in mission 2. Anybody else has a problem with that? I expected the pod to at least explode or give me some notice when i put in a wrong code, but nothing happens.

Offline Slasher

Happy new year everyone!  Thanks for the highlight, Vidmaster!

Could you send me that video as well.  More content for DVD 2 if we ever get to it.

FUBAR, here's a mediafire link to an 800x600 (199 MB) capture of the intro.  I tried to record in a higher res but my computer stuttered it up like nothing else.  Also the gamma is a tad bit bright but I'm not sure how to adjust for it.

Happy new year folks.

Lets get this thread back to track. After trying a lot i still can't unlock the pod containing the tbolts in mission 2. Anybody else has a problem with that? I expected the pod to at least explode or give me some notice when i put in a wrong code, but nothing happens.

Have you tried using the Enter key on your keypad, over by the Page Up/Down keys, as opposed to the one on the main part of the keyboard?  FS2 does not seem to register the regular Enter key for this kind of event, but if you use the one on your keypad it should work.  

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Downloading it now. 

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Same here. Need to dust off TBP and install Zathuras thingy.

This is my second VA appearance people. . . Give the author feedback.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Hm, i'm playing in my laptop so no keypad enter  :( i'll have to plug in my other keyboard for the tbolts :)

I finished playing the campaign so here's my feedback:

All the missions were really fun, missions 1 and 2 were really innovating although i must say mission 1 is not really my style.

Misison 2: I could play mission 2 all the time, i'm pretty sure i can figure out a pattern to get everything done in time :) It's exciting, gives you the feeling you are really there, and it also reminds me a lot of the general feeling i had while playing the Raider Wars. I didn't notice any problems with any of the secondary objectives apart from they keypad thing about the tbolts, and they all seem to fit quite nicely to their respective race. One thing i havent excactly figured out yet is what triggers the Narn smuggler to send you the apprentice.

Mission 3: Fun as well. One thing i noticed is that hitting "J" would not replay any logs for me.

Mission 4: Excellent ending to the campaign, lots of ships and a bit battle without turning it into a furball.
I havent checked the fred yet but is alpha wing guardianed? I kinda abused it a bit and they just wouldn't die.

In general the cinematics were an awesome way to start each mission, and the campaign left me with the curiosity of what happens to the Xerxes until the end of the civil war. I hope we'll be seeing more from it.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 02:22:03 am by Ker.Soth »

Offline Slasher

Thanks for playing and the feedback Ker.Soth.  Sorry to hear about the keypresses not working.  On Mission 3 the log entries from the derelict fighters have no voice over, just text.  Were you able to read the text or did it not do anything for you after scanning?  After they are read the first time the only way to look over them again is by pressing F4 and looking them up on the message log. 

And props to Colonol Dekker for his awesome work.  For anyone wondering, he did the voice of the CO of the Knossos from the intro and Alpha 3 aka "Overseer" from Mission 4.  Not to mention the very authentic sounding Centauri on Mission 2 that gives you the goal of blowing up the Vilafar.

No i couldn't see a thing. I'll have to play it again though, it's the only mission i managed to finish with the first try, and i was very curious about the next one which i spammed about 5 times :) (I like blowing up stuff).