Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 908170 times)

Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion

Can I get your debug log? Or did I miss it earlier?

Feel free to paste it into the post in code tags.

yep, here it is again.  Just FYI: Jackknife group jumped in before the order was given in this particular playthrough

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Tantalus53

• That one guy with the thing
    • Steam
Spoiler:
Dear god, i hate all of you. Just when im playing, not just for the fun, but because I am /into/ the story, and I'm completely absorbed in it, (I locked my room door and told my five year old sister ide feed her to the bogeyman if she bugged me) you all hit me with a cliffhanger. I finally finished it, and everything made sense to me at the end. I felt involved. and being Pro GTVA I found myself Cheering when the Imperuse showed up like a god and blitzed every ship within spitting distance. The Yangtzee... Ive never liked the UEF, but i was sad when it got blown away... Same with Simms' illness. You've taken a Sci-Fi space combat sim and made it into a dramatic, movie-esque peice of pure artwork. And I almost forgot about the Bei's, nice to hear from them. I bow to you all, and Officialy am a larger fan of WiH than I am of AoA (and that's saying something.) and to think that WiH is only half released. You all have a gift.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

yep, here it is again.  Just FYI: Jackknife group jumped in before the order was given in this particular playthrough

HOW CAN THAT BE

I mean they are specifically cued to arrive when the Indus is EXACTLY that...

...****. Wait a minute.

Offline est1895

I'm getting these error messages:

Could Not Load in2_CommandBrief-mbf
<No Module>! Kfast System Call Ret
<No Module>! Wait For Single Object
<No Module>! <No Symbol>
<No Module>! <No Symbol>

Theres another thing too.  When I run War in Heaven, the first screen says that there are 66 errors.  :eek2:

Help please! :sigh:

Could I please have screenshots of the root directory and the blueplanet and blueplanet2 folders?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

<No Module>! <No Symbol>
<No Module>! <No Symbol>

Theres another thing too.  When I run War in Heaven, the first screen says that there are 66 errors.  :eek2:

Could I please have screenshots of the root directory and the blueplanet and blueplanet2 folders?

What?

Can you post your debug log? You've just got a bad install, it'll only take a second to sort out.

Debug log will fix it.

HOW CAN THAT BE

...****. Wait a minute.

Can I get one more piece of info from you? Is the Jackknife group arriving when the Indus is about 8000 meters from the Carthage every time? Second, do the two Deimos corvettes that attack usually warp out/blow up near the Karunas, or do they move past them and fly away into the distance?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:40:43 pm by Jeff Vader »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter

<No Module>! <No Symbol>
<No Module>! <No Symbol>

Actually, what you are missing is properly installed mediavps 3.6.12. Read the release post for the 3.6.12 mediavps CAREFULLY and follow the instructions TO THE LETTER.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

yep, here it is again.  Just FYI: Jackknife group jumped in before the order was given in this particular playthrough

HOW CAN THAT BE

...****. Wait a minute.

Can I get one more piece of info from you? Is the Jackknife group arriving when the Indus is about 8000 meters from the Carthage every time? Second, do the two Deimos corvettes that attack usually warp out/blow up near the Karunas, or do they move past them and fly away into the distance?

1) Yes, it's about 8000 meters away every time.  2) The Leander (or whichever one your mission obj. is to disarm and not nullify) almost never jumps, despite all it's green beams being knocked out.  It just sails on past and then randomly leaves after a while, even though it's not under attack.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

HOW CAN THAT BE

...****. Wait a minute.

1) Yes, it's about 8000 meters away every time.  2) The Leander (or whichever one you're mission obj. is to disarm and not nullify) almost never jumps, despite all it's green beams being knocked out.  It just sails on past and then randomly leaves after a while, even though it's not under attack.

Awesome. I know the problem. Tell me, are you issuing any disarm or disable orders to your wingmen?

HOW CAN THAT BE

...****. Wait a minute.

1) Yes, it's about 8000 meters away every time.  2) The Leander (or whichever one you're mission obj. is to disarm and not nullify) almost never jumps, despite all it's green beams being knocked out.  It just sails on past and then randomly leaves after a while, even though it's not under attack.

Awesome. I know the problem. Tell me, are you issuing any disarm or disable orders to your wingmen?

Yeah.  For whatever reason beta wing cannot disarm/disable (the commands are grey'ed out, purposefully I assume now), but gamma wing can be ordered to disarm/disable so I've been sic-ing them on the Leander.  A job they fail spectacularly at, now that I think about it.

Heh, wait, let me guess.

The Indus and Yangtze are scripted to stop once the two diemos corvettes jump out, so when the leander goes all fubar they just keep going and eventually get close enough to the carthage to trigger jackknife, at which point all hell breaks loose?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Heh, wait, let me guess.

The Indus and Yangtze are scripted to stop once the two diemos corvettes jump out, so when the leander goes all fubar they just keep going and eventually get close enough to the carthage to trigger jackknife, at which point all hell breaks loose?

Yes. Exactly. And there's a reason the Leander is going all FUBAR. What you've done is triggered a 'bug' - really an ugly hack - that's been in the engine since retail.

When you give a disarm or disable command to a ship, the engine tells all ships that are not the ships you issued the order to to stop firing at your target.

So when you give the disarm/disable command, you're ALSO telling the Indus and Yangtze to stop firing at the Leander...so it never goes low enough hull to warp out.

We really need a fix for this. In the meantime I'll disable all disarm/disable commands for Gamma. You can just avoid using them.

Spoiler:
Could someone tell me
a) How I am to be evading the Nyx Fighters in "My Brother, My Enemy"
b) What i need to say.. I tried this stuff for 10 times, was able to win the fight once and then got told i failed due to picking the wrong dialouges..
Thanks

Excellent ships and gameplay untill then though :D:D
Feels like AoA, just much better :D

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Spoiler:
Could someone tell me
a) How I am to be evading the Nyx Fighters in "My Brother, My Enemy"
b) What i need to say.. I tried this stuff for 10 times, was able to win the fight once and then got told i failed due to picking the wrong dialouges..
Thanks

Excellent ships and gameplay untill then though :D:D
Feels like AoA, just much better :D

Try just running in the opposite direction. ;7 The Nyxes can't keep up. When the gunships arrive, just kinda...steer back their way.

Heh, wait, let me guess.

Yes. Exactly. And there's a reason the Leander is going all FUBAR. What you've done is triggered a 'bug' - really an ugly hack - that's been in the engine since retail.

When you give a disarm or disable command to a ship, the engine tells all ships that are not the ships you issued the order to to stop firing at your target.

So when you give the disarm/disable command, you're ALSO telling the Indus and Yangtze to stop firing at the Leander...so it never goes low enough hull to warp out.

We really need a fix for this. In the meantime I'll disable all disarm/disable commands for Gamma. You can just avoid using them.

ahahahaha, she works!!!

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Spoiler:
When the stealth fighters popped Elder Taudigani, at first I was all

But then I was all
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
:wakka:

Offline est1895

<No Module>! <No Symbol>
<No Module>! <No Symbol>

Actually, what you are missing is properly installed mediavps 3.6.12. Read the release post for the 3.6.12 mediavps CAREFULLY and follow the instructions TO THE LETTER.

E how do you post a debug log?  Do you need mantis which I have never used before?   :confused:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

<No Module>! <No Symbol>
<No Module>! <No Symbol>

E how do you post a debug log?  Do you need mantis which I have never used before?   :confused:

Nope. Go to the support forum, read the stickied thread, it's in the last post.

You need to run a debug build (ends in -d or -debug), then go to FreeSpace2/data/ and post fs2_open.log.

Offline est1895

I don't see any debug build.  Could you please give me a link? :eek2:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I don't see any debug build.  Could you please give me a link? :eek2:

You have one in your /FreeSpace 2/ directory. It ends in -d or -debug.