Author Topic: Nice Engadget shout-out to FSO and Knossos  (Read 1455 times)

Online deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Nice Engadget shout-out to FSO and Knossos
You can read it here.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Re: Nice Engadget shout-out to FSO and Knossos
This article is nice. Helps people know what to do right away with their FS2 to make it become FSO, so that's good. A nice perspective on FSO from a layman's view, so to say, and we definitely should appreciate it. At least, I do.

Yet there's a couple friendly corrections that I'd like to mention here (since I'm pretty conservative with the amount of forums and sites I register on): MediaVPs mod is the way to go for everyone to replay the retail FS2 campaign, and it's a very old concept, yet constantly upgraded - two weeks ago was when the latest version of the mod surfaced, with a bunch of new splendid assets. Also, retail FS2 is actually very playable with FSO and MediaVPs, it just tends to pale in comparison with many user made campaigns.

One thing I think should be shown in the article are the screenshots of the latest FS2 warships added into MVPS - Hecate, Deimos, Aeolus. They're awesome and people should see them. :P

If the author of the article is lurking somewhere around here, please hop in and share a few words or something. I would be nice to have an interaction. By the way, HLP has got a Discord server - link is in the dropdown menu at the top of the page.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
What a snub to BtA...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I wish they'd pointed out that the TCs are completely free. That $10 is a huge barrier to entry for a lot of people. Get them playing Diaspora or Wings of Dawn first, and $10 for the ridiculous amount of content it opens up doesn't seem like much at all.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Funny to see own screenshot taken from Freespace 3 the search For bosch :lol:

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
I saw this article yesterday, and oh boy  it brought back some nice and fond memories. :)
Staffmember: Hard Light Productions
I said a lot of things.  Some of them were even true. - Aldo_14

I saw this article yesterday, and oh boy  it brought back some nice and fond memories. :)

Amazing to see people from HLPs youth show up :cool:

Funny to see own screenshot taken from Freespace 3 the search For bosch :lol:

Certainly the best picture available for such an article, who wouldn't like to play an FS3 mod :D

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.

Amazing to see people from HLPs youth show up :cool:

Its been a long, loooooong time since I posted anything here. :) Nice to see that some of the old members like @karajorma are still here :)

Just for reference, you're the Windrunner from R128, right?

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
Just for reference, you're the Windrunner from R128, right?
Yeah that's me :)