Author Topic: Other BSG Mods  (Read 5096 times)

Offline Carnage

First I want to thank the creators of the Diaspora Mod. I have downloaded it with no large expectations and was really blown away (literally by Theseus Flak Barrier 3 Times) I cant really wait to see it going on, also animates me to watch 12 Episodes of BSG again.

I´m not really sure if this is the right place to ask, so please excuse me if its the wrong thread

What is about the other BSG Mods for other games. I have tested the HW2 Mod a year ago, but I have problems with it. Most of the time I am a skirmish player in RTS games, and If i remeber right the Game has no working AI. Have the fixed it yet ?

Also I have order Jupiter the Nexus Incident 5 minutes ago from german amazon (7 Euro with packaging) I have see a 4.1 Version of a BSG mod for it, also 4.5 Beta which seems not to be released cause of copyright problems. Is the 4.1 Version still available and it is good ?

If somebody know about B5 Mods for this games wo are good (only remember B5 Mod for HW1) please tell me. Germans can answer me in german in PMs maybe :D

I hope you all have a nice weekend and somebody has some news for me

Patrick

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
If somebody know about B5 Mods for this games wo are good (only remember B5 Mod for HW1) please tell me.
You can try The Babylon Project (TBP). I'm sure someone more familiar with the project can give you more accurate directions.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I've got no problem with people talking about other BSG mods on this forum. Hell, I don't even mind people talking about BtRL despite the bad blood that eventually resulted.

Hell, I still recommend playing BtRL. It might be old in the tooth but I'm still proud of the work we did there.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Carnage

I sure know the TBP :D Follow it since 2005. I mean more mods for RTS Games like HW2 and now Jupiter

I will try BTRL also, hey its for free :D

http://px2owffng8.tal.ki/20120308/bsg-mod-1354879/page8/

Mod for Artemis.  3-5 player battlestar control.  One of my buddies built the installer so that it's not a total PITA to run.  Looks awesome, but still a bit buggy.

I've got no problem with people talking about other BSG mods on this forum. Hell, I don't even mind people talking about BtRL despite the bad blood that eventually resulted.

Hell, I still recommend playing BtRL. It might be old in the tooth but I'm still proud of the work we did there.

I thought BtRL was really really good when I first played it.
Then I found out about the additional parts coded into the missions for not following orders and that there was a way of preventing some off-screen deaths (which could actually result in more on screen deaths if you got it wrong) - that kind of attention to detail makes it a classic.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I don't know if anyone ever achieved it, but in the second full mission there's even an ending briefing for if you manage to save everyone from the Cylons and defeat Scar.

Ironically it features you getting chewed out by the CAG who is completely unaware that your actions actually saved everyone's life, including hers. :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
BtRL had some pretty snappy flight physics. I still enjoy flying the Mk. 2 in that game. It's a very good multiplayer dogfighting sim.