Author Topic: [WINDOWS RELEASE] ModelExtractor 0.2 beta: extract POF files and textures  (Read 2129 times)

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
[WINDOWS RELEASE] ModelExtractor 0.2 beta: extract POF files and textures
Let's say you've figured out the POF filename of some shiny new model.  Now you've got to go looking through the mod's other VP files to find not only the POF but also its textures.  This is where ModelExtractor comes in to find and write all those files for you.
Usage: 
Code: [Select]
ModelExtractor.exe <Path\To\Input\Folder> <Path\To\Output.pof>Platforms:  32 and 64-bit Windows; Windows 7 or later
32-bit download link:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/6kk2833hva23zbf/ModelExtractor_32.7z/file
64-bit download link:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/yqygm6lwc2zu3qg/ModelExtractor_64.7z/file
Source code:  https://github.com/plieblang/ModelExtractor

The output path must point to a POF file (i.e. the path must end in ".pof or .POF").
If the output file already exists, it will be overwritten silently.
Current limitations:
The tool can only look inside VP files in the given directory; it will not find VP files in subdirectories and cannot currently handle loose files.
It will not find textures in base mods.
No relative paths
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 04:54:34 pm by PIe »
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Re: [WINDOWS RELEASE] ModelExtractor, a tool to extract POF files and their textures
Yoink!
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Fusion

Re: [WINDOWS RELEASE] ModelExtractor, a tool to extract POF files and their textures
Fantastic.

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
v0.2 update:  fixed some very embarrassing bugs, like I forgot that -shine, -glow, etc maps existed beyond the base color map (there were other bad ones but that's the major one).
Please update and forget that you ever downloaded the first version.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull: