Author Topic: Campaign Ideas  (Read 21515 times)

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Calm down man, actions speak louder than words as they say so lets get this thing done and then we can wait for criticism  

...and sushi, I thought it said "art critic" not weapons expert  

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
I don't claim expertise, and I AM aware that the final product will have 7 guns...just the thought of a ship capable of draining your entire gun reserves in a single shot sort of terrifies m.  

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!
Accelerate your game-Velocity Mod

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Depends on reactor power output I suppose.

If all the gun points are in the same place would all 7 (or 15) not hit at the same time?

Offline Grey Wolf

Hey Maeglamor, how are you doing on those models? If you've completed any more or got one skinned, post a pic on this topic!  

------------------
Webmaster of GTD Wolf

"It could be worse."

"'Tis only a flesh wound!"
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
If all the gun points were on top of each other, it would look like a single shot, but do a lot more damage. Messy.  

------------------

Offline Grey Wolf

The gun points aren't all on top of one another. 3 on the main part of the ship and 2 on each wing. There will be 3 primary slots, one for the cannons mounted on the front of the ship and one for each wing. The ones on front should be easy enough to aim, and the wing ones should not be any harder than the Ursa's side primaries. And you will not have to worry about wasting power because of the experimental reactor. (Note: See earlier post.) This should clear up any misconceptions.

------------------
Webmaster of GTD Wolf

"It could be worse."

You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Hmmm...

Just wondering, has anyone come up with a Custom Crosshair for any ships with non-standard aiming? The FS crosshair is just boresight, but few of the guns actually align with it...anybody created, say, an Ursa crosshair?

------------------

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Slowly I'm afraid, I had to do a format and I'm waiting on a friend supplying me with a copy of 3DSmax 4. Until then I'm kinda on standstill, should only be for a few days though.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by Sushi:
Just wondering, has anyone come up with a Custom Crosshair for any ships with non-standard aiming? The FS crosshair is just boresight, but few of the guns actually align with it...anybody created, say, an Ursa crosshair?

That could be an idea... but not worth the effort of changing it for every ship change, IMHO.  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Bushwacker

Then why not a lead indicator like from Wing Commander, with an individual marker for each cannon?

Ooh, I just remembered:  we need source code for that, and source code is a no-go...

Offline Grey Wolf

Anyway, back to subject, I'm going to put up a section of the page about SHaS. Also, Maeglamor, are you doing the texturing in addition to the modeling? I'm just wondering if I have to go steal textures for the models from the   ships.

------------------
Webmaster of GTD Wolf

"It could be worse."

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
I'd very much like to do the texs since I've got PS6 but time is the biggie where I'm concerned, lots of exams and stuff coming up pretty shortly, it will be a problem if you need them soon. The good news is that I've almost finished the design for the revised excalibur, I don't know yet but I've a hunch you might like it.

Offline Grey Wolf

Cool. When you're done with the Excaliber's design post a pic on the forum.

Offline Grey Wolf

I was just thinking, what would it be like if the Thor cannon was a beam weapon? Is it possible to make a beam weapon as a primary and also make it so it will only go straight? And any one who thinks this would unbalance gameplay, I've already thought of that. It would have damage superior to the Kaiser and Maxim (about 40 by the TBL system) but it would have a slow reload time and would have a slow reload time. Tell mw what you think about this idea.

------------------
Webmaster of GTD Wolf

"It could be worse."

[This message has been edited by Grey Wolf 2009 (edited 04-17-2001).]

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Interesting thought.

Check out the Phoenix in Starlancer, that's a good way to implement a fighter beam weapon, slow charge, limited range but kick ***  power. It would be nice if you could make it shake the ship (force feedback rules!!   ) as it charged.

Offline Grey Wolf

I'm just starting work on that. How are you doing modeling?

------------------
Webmaster of GTD Wolf

"It could be worse."

Offline Grey Wolf

Working on the Thor right now. I'm using the Banshee icon from FS1 for the loadout icon and a slightly modified version of the Banshee CBAnim for the tech room and possibly loadout (I edited 40 frames out of 370 to remove "GTW-7 Banshee" from the bottom of the animation. Am I insane? You decide. Personally, I believe I am. And I don't give a **** that the icon will be less fancy than the rest!) A test pic of the gun in action should be ready by Monday.

------------------
Webmaster of GTD Wolf

"It could be worse."

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Having tres mucho trouble getting 3DSmax 4 which means that the excalibur is fairly high poly right now. With a bit of luck that won't be the case for long, as for the rest of the stuff, I started messing with texture ideas for the Mars I don't know if it's to everyones taste but I love the type of coloration and texturing designs seen in HomeWorld. I'm hoping to get something similar by concentrating on asthetics over strictly functional design.

i.e. The best colour for the ship would probably be plain black (harder to see) but lets face it a plain black ship looks Krappy so I'm going for eyecandy.

Offline Grey Wolf

Go ahead and post a pic of the Excalibur. Please.  

Offline Grey Wolf

Got the Thor working. You'll only get limited use of it because it's so powerful  . Starting work on the Flare Gun.