Author Topic: Crysis 2 multiplayer demo impressions  (Read 9652 times)

Offline Davros

Re: Crysis 2 multiplayer demo impressions
Definitely would prefer to play on PC.

There you go again now your retracting your "its the game the platform is irrelevant" stance

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Definitely would prefer to play on PC.

There you go again now your retracting your "its the game the platform is irrelevant" stance

Reported to admins for trolling, set to ignore.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Overreacting much?

That said, I can't wait for Crysis 2.. hope it delivers.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Davros

Oh well I guess some people cant handle being owned :D

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
From what I remember, Battuta was arguing that having a favourite platform was irrelevant and that different platforms are better for different game types.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Gah, must we have this discussion again, dude?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
He's been following me across threads dropping those kinds of comments in no matter the topic. He was warned.

If he didn't understand the argument last time it was presented I'm not going to bother explaining it to him again.

Offline Davros

He's been following me across threads dropping those kinds of comments in no matter the topic.
Er no i havnt (nice little bit of exageration)
 ive mentioned it twice this is only the second time ive pointed out your reversal of opinion
firstime after you said you wished the image quality was better despite arguing with me that have better iq doesnt make the game more enjoyable
and now you wished you could of played it on the p.c despite saying the platform is irrelevant

some people can admit they were wrong I can because i quite often am wrong :D
if someone argued with you that a certain game was terrible and then you saw them in another thread singing its praises you'd certainly say "hang on youve just been telling me it sucks"
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 05:52:10 pm by Davros »

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I imagine what Battuta meant is that there is no one platform on which ALL games are superior. Rather, the difference in quality of multiplatform games is different for every game. This is probably what he meant, because it actually makes sense and is consistent with a lot of the other stuff Batty says and does.

Your assertion that Batty is making two blatantly contradictory statements doesn't make much sense and would be out of character for him. Whatever your true feelings or motive, it looks like this is a vendetta/trolling at worst, and intentional misunderstanding at best.

tl;dr: u mad
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I can't even see Davros' posts any more, but if he hasn't got it by now he's not likely to.

There are many games where platform is irrelevant, some that are better on PC, some that are better on consoles, and if you need to pick one 'team' and root for it you're either very poor, very sad or both.

Console warriors should gb2gamefaqs.

The impression I got was just that Davros wasn't very intelligent, though; those are the kind of people who have trouble with nuance or arguments beyond 'a > b hurr'. Last time we talked he seriously tried to make the argument that nobody could enjoy Half-Life 1 without playing it in 1080p, as if our brains and eyes had all somehow changed between 1999 and 2010.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 07:39:03 pm by General Battuta »

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I took a look at the Crysis 2 multi videos on 'toob. They look rather interesting, although some of the videos had some seriously stupid players. :P May attempt to procure this demo on 'box.

Also, can't we have this discussion without making jabs at each other? :(

Offline Davros

No i didnt make the argument that no one would enjoy half life unless it was 1080p
I tried to make the argument that half life is more enjoyable at higher resolution and at maximum graphics setting than it is at the lowest res and lowest setting (and battuta thinks im not intelligent )
while battuta maintained that it made no difference

ps: what was that whole im warning you im going to put you on ignore thing as if I would somehow regard battuta being able to read my posts to be some sort of priviledge that I wouldnt want to lose - very strange!!!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 06:17:21 am by Davros »

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I tried to make the argument that half life is more enjoyable at higher resolution and at maximum graphics setting than it is at the lowest res and lowest setting (and battuta thinks im not intelligent )
while battuta maintained that it made no difference (and battuta thinks im not intelligent )

Considering its age and the number of individual polygons in its models, playing it at highest capable settings actually does make it look worse.

Also if you're trying to cast aspersions on your intelligence with the whole non-capitalization non-punctuation thing, you're succeeding. Much like Batts does.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Davros

The lowest setting for half life is 640x480 with software rendering. (i have the option of 400x300 in opengl) It looks worse than 1600x1200 in d3d (the highest resolution im offered.
although im sure there was a 320x240 software setting in the past (maybe thats only available in win98).

The point being that if you make a game better looking you enjoy it better, isnt that the whole point of the media vp's which if i'm right battutta is involved in (and very grateful we are too) which makes his graphics don't matter its all about the game play stance rather confusing.

ps: new and improved post with added punctuation :D
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 06:31:22 am by Davros »

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
The way I see it, you can't polish a turd, however, an uncut diamond can still be a beautiful thing ;)

Offline Mikes

The way I see it, you can't polish a turd, however, an uncut diamond can still be a beautiful thing ;)

... but either looks like crap next to a perfectly cut and polished diamond;)

Ah the endless argument.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:43:34 am by Mikes »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Oh my God if we get another ****ing console warrior hate**** orgy I will personally goatse everyone in the thread

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
SNES > *

u all just mad that your Gamestations, Playboxes, and X-Cubes can't compare. ;7
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 03:34:04 pm by redsniper »
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I took a look at the Crysis 2 multi videos on 'toob. They look rather interesting, although some of the videos had some seriously stupid players. :P May attempt to procure this demo on 'box.

Also, can't we have this discussion without making jabs at each other? :(
More like a lot of people dying stupidly...
Just watch your back when you're playing it. :rolleyes:

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£

... but either looks like crap next to a perfectly cut and polished diamond;)

Ah the endless argument.

LOL Agree, but you can always cut the diamond later, whereas the turd will always be a turd ;)

Look at Dwarf Fortress, awesome game, and maybe in the (distant) future it'll get a great graphics engine, but right now it uses ASCII graphics, but I'm still perfectly happy playing it.