Author Topic: Mac port  (Read 2085 times)

Offline MrDead

Does anyone know anything about the Mac port of Freespace. The only information that I have found is that the linux port would compile but not run on Mac OS X, that however was posted at least a month ago.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
find someone who knows how to program OS/X and it isn't hard to get the *nix port working on OS/X because OS/X a *nix - just a little off the mainstream one
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Inquisitor

Yeah, without an OS/X owner with a compiler we might be a bit far out on this one. I vote not even thinking about touching Mac OS 9 or earlier ;)

Getting it to compile with Codewarrior (the Mac OS developer's choice tool, last I checked) shouldn't be too hard, lemme see if I can find a developer brave enough to look at it :)

Is there a GCC port for the Mac?
No signature.

Offline penguin

• Eudyptes codus
  • Still alive.
Originally posted by Inquisitor
Is there a GCC port for the Mac?
Yes: http://developer.apple.com/tools/compilers.html
your source code slave

Offline penguin

• Eudyptes codus
  • Still alive.
Originally posted by MrDead
Does anyone know anything about the Mac port of Freespace. The only information that I have found is that the linux port would compile but not run on Mac OS X, that however was posted at least a month ago.
Since almost no progress has been made on the Linux port either, that's probably the most recent news.

I have yet to hear directly from anyone with a Mac who is interested in helping port, so it most likely will stay in that state for a while...
no developers == no development.
your source code slave

Offline Inquisitor

I'll make some inquiries around the GG haunts, there are always some mac-heads hanging out there.
No signature.