Author Topic: New theme issues  (Read 245160 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Fixed, fixed, and also finally fixed the post formatting BBCode button backgrounds. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
It seems that signature boxes expand to a fixed length, and if there's any text past that length, it goes unseen, if that makes sense. For example, the last line visible on my signature currently once it expands is "[00:12] <Zacam-Work> FSU" but there should still be more after that.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
I thought that was by design. The line between feature and bug can be blurry, after all.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
It wouldn't be an issue if our forum settings page didn't allow us to put in signatures that are longer than the expanded area. As it stands, there's a discrepancy between the two on how long a signature is allowed. Anyway, it's nothing major, just thought I'd see what's what.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
It does show your entire signature on your profile page.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Axem

So uh... is that red text on bright blue going to be permanent?

Also those new mouseover colors on unread lines makes them harder to read.

So uh... is that red text on bright blue going to be permanent?
Nope, so far a force-refresh fixed it for everyone :P

Offline Axem

It took me a bunch of force-refreshes and cookie deletions, but I finally have proper news text colors!

Now what about that dark link hover text? :P

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Any way to remedy the issue of the annoying resizing Network bar when typing on a landscape tablet? Note, this is cause by the auto zooming to the text input field when trying to type... Have to manually zoom out each time I tap somewhere to edit my posts.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Signature boxes expand out to an (arbitrarily-determined) reasonable size. If your sig is longer than that, and it bothers you, shorten it.

I can't solve the problem by limiting the length of sigs because this...

...and this...

...are the exact same length, as far as form field length limitations are concerned.

As for the Network Bar resizing issue... odd, and difficult to troubleshoot. I just got an el cheapo tablet today, however, so I'll see about testing things out there.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
[19:21] <redsniper> omg what the **** is going on with the font size on HLP
[19:21] <battuta> i don't know but it's bothering me
[19:21] <@Axem> no idea
[19:21] <Spoon> I was wondering that too
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Eh? Not seeing anything abnormal...

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
i'm seeing bigger board text. everything else looks normal.
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Looks fine here.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
No font issues here either. Firefox 19.0.2, Win7.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
No font issues here either. Firefox 19.0.2, Win7.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
At the time that yuezhi reported, there was yet another attempt on the site.

So, we took the site down. And I went totally mental on not just the forums files, but all files everywhere.

3hrs later, We finally got cleaned (roughly 140+) files across the board. HTML <HEAD> elements got cleaned up, PHP files that had injected code cleaned, .JS files were repaired and some really old files from as far back as 2009 were sanitized. rev_posix established a stricter set of directory level permissions, and we are back in business.

And counting down until the next time this takes place. Because I can't and won't trust that it wont without absolutely rebuilding everything. But that will take time, so we'll be looking into how we can accomplish that and try and schedule a when.

In the meantime, we'll just try and keep the lights on. I should be able to get something in place in the next couple of weeks that should allow for new users to the Wiki (legitimate ones this time) and we'll go from there and deal with what ever crops up as it happens.

In the meantime, my apologies at the disturbing frequency of our downtime.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Whoa.

Just wanted to say that I'm sure we all appreciate the work you and the other admins are doing to keep the site operational. Best of luck with everything!

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
its cool Zacam and thanks to all involved in the latest action to keep this place up and running :D
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Yeah, it's better now. Thanks guys. :yes:
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."