Author Topic: Testers  (Read 19856 times)

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
it may sound ridicule but most of the guys who are "doing things" for the mod have problems testing stuff and sometimes even running the game.

We need people to test things as soon as the modders need it.

Being a tester for us doesn't mean just to play an almost complete mod before any other.
Being a tester means instead to run the game and check if some untextured models work, before we spend more time on them, making collision tests, stability tests etc etc anytime we need this and as soon as possible.

It is undoubtely annoying but it is also extremely useful and necessary. I'd say also vital

We need people capable of running FSO with HTL flawlessy.

For those of you who already entered the staff as testers (and for those of you who hopefully will) we have a testing thread stuck with what we need you to look at.
go check it!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 04:21:04 am by 433 »

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by KARMA

There goes me. :nervous:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Posting for a shot to be a tester....
tianjun1298 > Your this only the fine insect which escapes from the condom

Offline Culando

I'd love to help out with testing. I also mentioned I'd be willing to help make missions as well. You guys still thinking about that? >>;

Edit: And it appears that I have an ava. o_o I suppose that answers my question. *pokes avatar*
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 08:23:20 pm by 212 »
The boy who cried project.

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards

Where can I download the HTL thingy. Or does it come with certain versions of FSO.

Could someone give me a download link?

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
Well, ive been testing an A-Wing, which i think was made by KARMA. But im not sure. Anyway, i edited the pof, so that the model had Subsystems, Gun & Missile Firing points & shields (edited shield mesh as best i could, but it's still a tiny bit far from the hull, along the bottom, and it looks like it's too close to the hull at the back).

I couldnt get the thrusters, engine glow, and dock points working. How do you set this up??? (btw, i did all this in model view).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2004, 03:20:45 am by 1659 »

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
shields have to be done before conversion to pof, but can be imported from another model using pcs. The create and delete thruster buttons don't work in modelview. Dock points, paths and insignia have to be done in pcs or aurora.

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
Wow, that's a quick response!

@ Spicious, while you where replying, i was importing shield data and updating the model. It's an exellent model, btw. gotta love those textures.

I also need some help, when i try to start up Aurora, i get the following error- "DX initalisation failed", so i press ok, then another error pops up saying that old "this program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down, if the problem persists, contact the program vendor". Does this happen because the program needs something i havent got?

What can i use to get the thruster/engine glows done? And are thrusters & engine glows the same thing? If not, what program will do both Thruster and engine glows?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2004, 03:32:39 am by 1659 »

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Aurora is rather unstable currently, so it's probably best to use pcs. About that problem, try contacting bobboau.

On the thruster-engine thing, it depends what you're talking about. The glows, which are seen from behind (and from the side in recent-ish scp builds) and are used on all ships, can be done in pcs, just put in the coordinates, the normal and radius.

Thruster plumes, the engine things seen from the side and are only used on fighters and bombers have to be done before conversion to pof.

I suggest you have a look at Bobboau's pcs tutorial, it's quite helpful.

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
Thanx for your help. Ive been able to put in the engine glow, but as you said about the thruster plumes i need to do that before conversion. Anyway since ive just about fixed everything on it to make it into a really good model, i was wondering how do i put this model up for download?

Id like someone to do some furthur testing, and perhaps move around the subsystems(?).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2004, 08:52:19 pm by 1659 »

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
Im definitely interested in testing this. :nod:

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
@ Deepspace9er, do you mean you want to test the AWing that im (was) working on?

I'll post a link if you want, just ask!

If you do want a link:

Could you please check if the shields work on all sides ingame. (make a mission where you verse a sentry gun, rotate the camera/ship and see if the shield protects your ship properly when attacked).

Also check the if the docking paths work properly, (call in a support ship and see if it docks and rearms the AWing properly.

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
Originally posted by DeepSpace9er
Im definitely interested in testing this. :nod:

if you want to be a tester you welcome.
just pick in mind that you will not test a complete product, being a tester doesn't mean to play above all others a campaign, it means instead to help modders developing their stuff testing what they do with FS_open

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
say the word, and he'll have an avatar...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
I can test, see i do have a use .. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
give him avvy, hippo (and since you are here, ask for private access too :p)

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
ok, consider it done (though internal should be linked to the avatar soon)

AHTW

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War

AHTW

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule