Author Topic: Donations  (Read 33988 times)

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
host it on my server

Offline Freespace Freak

• Official forum permanewb
I just donated yesterday.  I want to pledge monthly to donate.  This site is too important to go down.  It's the only thing keeping my all time favorite game still alive.  If you guys need anything as far as American SSN or something let me know.  (What's up with the lack of Americans here?  When I used to romp around on PXO there were a lot of Americans.)

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
We're not special enough

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I forced it ut of my mind, But now its all flooding back........... My JK47 account  :(

...you're JK47?? *curses all drastic name changes ever*
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Ok time to open up the PayPal for real. I've had the account for several years allready but never really had any reason to use it before. This must be one of the best reasons there is.
Habeeb it...

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I forced it ut of my mind, But now its all flooding back........... My JK47 account  :(

Thank god someone remembers me, MY LOA--JK47 account only joined HLP 6 days after you Sandwich)
 BTW i cant view any messages in my outbox addressed to you, Did you get the *nudge-wink*  yet?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 07:44:46 am by Colonol Dekker »
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
see my above reply ^^^^

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
That is hallowed ground, i must train as a purist e-monk for years before even laying eyes on the Array, Home of Steak......

*chorus in background*
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Thank god someone remembers me, MY LOA--JK47 account only joined HLP 6 days after you Sandwich)
 BTW i cant view any messages in my outbox addressed to you, Did you get the *nudge-wink*  yet?

Why'd you switch?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I went for CD as i entered the original Saga team, Occupational commimenst forced me abroad for upwards of 9 months, when i came back, JK47 was gone and only LOA--JK47 remained, So i stuck with Cd...
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Habeeb it...

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Bd news:I can't donate at this moment.
My parent has no warranties(i wrote it correctly,right?)...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I'll give the 3.58 I have lying around in there.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Skippy

• It's not a bug, it's a featureā„¢
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
Can we get a Donataions status? :)
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
That would be a Bad Idea (TM) with capital letters. That is, if you mean as a status to how much a user has donated.

It could and probably would create a holier-than-thou attitude amongst donators... well, donating could still make that to a person but at least then he or she would have no one to treat down because it would not be known who has donated more or less.

If you mean a status on how much has been donated already, well I'm all for it. :p

I will donate some amount if I just can get P***Pal working or find some other way. If anything, I find the user interface incredibly unintuitive, and it doesn't seem to accept my Visa Electron card. It says that the bank denies the card wih that number, and the bank account system is... weird to say the least. :blah:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Skippy

• It's not a bug, it's a featureā„¢
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List

If you mean a status on how much has been donated already, well I'm all for it. :p

That's I meant :)
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
Yes, I would find a donat-o-meter useful.

So you say that donating here would be useful to both HLP and GW? If it is, I'll end up donating more here so that it's all in one place.

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
That would be a Bad Idea (TM) with capital letters. That is, if you mean as a status to how much a user has donated.

It could and probably would create a holier-than-thou attitude amongst donators... well, donating could still make that to a person but at least then he or she would have no one to treat down because it would not be known who has donated more or less.

I will donate some amount if I just can get P***Pal working or find some other way. If anything, I find the user interface incredibly unintuitive, and it doesn't seem to accept my Visa Electron card. It says that the bank denies the card wih that number, and the bank account system is... weird to say the least. :blah:

You realise this is going to happen the minute people start getting warned for misbehaviour by admins, anyway? "Oh but I donated money!"
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
That might happen, but as I see the situation, the donations are needed and possible negative consequences must be accepted - no need to create situations like that artificially, though.

And, of course all who have a clue about anything won't behave like that, and if/when the clueless ones start behaving like they own this place because they donated something, those who have their heads still between their shoulders will understand that it's really nothing worth paying attention to. I know I won't. The ones who try that just make asses of themselves.

If you want to donate from your pocket to keep this marvellous thing going on, then fine and thank you; you make a service to communinty and yourself. But while you donate, you understand that you gain no other rights to the HLP itself, including right to forum policies.

If someone screws around here, the case is processed by forum rules. Of course, if the admins decide to treat donators differently then it's a whole another thing, but once that kind of elitistic thing happens I'll most likely be out of here. Personally I'm against all kinds of lists of donators, precisely from this reason. To me it's enough of a reward to see the HLP and GW shine as a bright beacon in the night of current gaming business. That is, if I even can donate. But anyway, it would be just enough for me to see everything work like before; I would know that I have contributed, and I really have never cared about status symbols.

But of course, the admins do as they see fit. If you want to create a "sponsorship list", then fine. If you don't that's fine too. But for the mercy of Lords of Kobol, Hyperintelligent Shade of Blue, God and Flying Spaghetti Monster, do *not* put the donated sums onto that list. That would be just begging for problems.

:)
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.