Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3011050 times)

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
Re: Whatever happens in your life
I just posted something totally irrelevant in a thread about totally irrelevant things.
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I just put socks in my drawer.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
I'm going to be up late again doing homework.  My mom is going to be mad at me :rolleyes:

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
im getting stoned
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
I double posted.

Sorry boobies.

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
I double posted.

Sorry boobies.

Offline blowfish

I posted for no apparent reason.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
In an attempt to get this thread back on track, let me tell you about the past few weeks of my life. Approximately three/four weeks ago, my wife had a nervous breakdown, the reasons for which I won't go into. She was just about recovering so we returned to work this week only to find my desk groaning with the work that had piled up during my absense (more stress!). Wednesday this week, her boss was being a total arsehole to her, so she quit her job in tears (yet more stress due to finances being stretched). The very same day, she finds out that her brother had tried to commit suicide the night before and he was in hospital.

So all in all I'm having a very crap month or two!!

How are all your lives going!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
School stress, and lots of it.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
In an attempt to get this thread back on track, let me tell you about the past few weeks of my life. Approximately three/four weeks ago, my wife had a nervous breakdown, the reasons for which I won't go into. She was just about recovering so we returned to work this week only to find my desk groaning with the work that had piled up during my absense (more stress!). Wednesday this week, her boss was being a total arsehole to her, so she quit her job in tears (yet more stress due to finances being stretched). The very same day, she finds out that her brother had tried to commit suicide the night before and he was in hospital.

So all in all I'm having a very crap month or two!!

How are all your lives going!

Hope stuff clears up soon for you man. Sometimes the world just doesn't let up.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam

Hope stuff clears up soon for you man. Sometimes the world just doesn't let up.

Thanks mate, as Forrest Gump once said...................**** happens!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline blackhole

• Still not over the rainbow
  • Destiny can suck it
    • Black Sphere Studios
I'm a Microsoft Intern now.

Offline blowfish

EEEEVIL!!!

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
There's nothing wrong with being an intern at Microsoft.

An internship at Apple, on the other hand...

Sorry boobies.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
im getting stoned again
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
How's the short term memory working for you Nuke?

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
Who's Nuke?

Sorry boobies.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
What Scuddie said.

Also, I just listened to someone rant that EVE Online doesn't accept three word character names or ones long enough because it wouldn't take the full name of their Rifts character. (Which is Alessia CSA BC#1235G; considered property of the state rather than a person they have their service branch and serial number in their "name"; Coalition States Army Battle Cat Number 1235G for the curious in the translation.)

But the character's Battle Cat anyways and there are no 250-odd pounds of pure muscle and intelligent humanoid predatory feline with commando training wandering about EVE. Which is a bit of a pity, IMO, because damn if that wouldn't make for some fun stuff when ambulation comes. As I once put it "...pawbatting is cute when it comes from small housecats and 'OH GOD MY ARM' when it comes from fullgrown pumas." There's just something cool about being intimately involved with someone who can rip people's arms off and beat them with it, y'know? :P But I suppose if she could play her Battle Cat then I might be tempted to bring in the Psi-Hound I play currently.

And then Goonswarm would throw a ****ing fit because they'd think we're furries or somesuch **** like that when I just enjoy the challenge of crawling into the head of character that isn't really human and doesn't really think the way a human does. It's good training for a writer. And Alessia swore off the whole furry thing after visiting one convention and foolishly saying she was single (true at the time) and straight. Don't ever ever ever do that if you're female, or at the least bring a can of Mace with you, and several cans would be better.

And now I'm rambling, not that I give a flying **** at 3 in the morning. I suppose you see something stupid every day, right?

Any****, now I'm watching an old trailer for EVE Online...oh wait, no, excuse me, I'm just mistaking the music I have running for having that trailer running in the background; I rather like Black Sun Empire's Arrakis. And writing crap, of course, that I doubt I'll ever let any of you yahoos read because you wouldn't appreciate it. And also being pestered to come to bed.

Which means screw this because bed and cuddles are good. :p
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I have a semi-interesting story to tell:

So a few weeks ago back in mid-April during programming class, I had just finished my assignment and I had about a half an hour left in class. I decided to go romping around through the registry files for the remainder of class time. So I do, I figure out how to turn off the proxy without deleting everything, which is quite difficult without admin privileges, I unblock firefox, opera, and a few other programs and in turn I block internet explorer and a few other semi-critical programs. After that, nothing I found was all that interesting, so I just started deleting random stuff and changing everything. Then class ended and I left, and didn't think anything of it.

So a couple days later during my literature class, my teacher was lecturing us on the book we were reading. After about 20 minutes, a security guard pops his head into the classroom and is like "Mr. Teacher, can I speak to you for a moment?", the teacher turns and says "Can it wait?", then "No, it needs to be now,". So the teacher steps out into the hallway for a few moments, and then steps back in with a manila folder. He opens it and begins reading. I don't remember exactly what he said, so I'll paraphrase: "Okay, so a few days ago, our technology department informed the staff that some severe damage has occurred to one of our computers. Some important things on a computer were maliciously deleted, causing an operating system failure and sever hardware damage. And most unfortunately, due to the network that our computers are built on, the deleted files also affected the entire computer lab. Needless to say, the damages total in several thousand dollars. We happen to have a few suspects, so we'll call you out into the hallway and ask you a few questions."

It was about then that I started getting worried. I noted the fact that we were reading the Crucible at the time, and sure there were a few discrepancies in what he said, but you can't really get in a situation like this without getting totally worried unless the story is completely ridiculous. Anyway, as I expected, I was the second person to be called out into the hallway. There was my teacher and the security guard out there questioning me. I think I remember all of the questions asked to me:

"Have you ever hacked anything or hacked into anything in your life?"
-"I guess not." (technically not a lie)
"Have you ever gone on to any banned sites while at school?"
-"I went on youtube before it was banned" (I didn't really answer the question, at least not wholly)
"Have you ever checked your email at school?"
-"Yes, but I'm allowed to for programming so I can do homework at home." (the truth)
"If you cooperate with us, you will only be expelled for a single year. Do you want to tell me who you've been working with?"
-"Everyone. You'd need to search quite a long time to find someone who has never visited a banned site or checked their email at school" (pretty much the truth)
"We know that you forged your parents signature on the technology liability form. We had experts come in and examine the handwriting on the form and you parents handwriting. Are you aware that your parents are still liable for damages that you cause?"
-I just laughed. Anyone who has seen my parents handwriting and my writing knows that I couldn't forge it.

Then the teacher told me to go down the hallway, turn the corner and wait for someone to come get you. So I did, and I was just as worried as I was before. When I turned the corner, another person who was questioned was waiting there as well. So we just stood there and waited. then a third person came around the corner, and finally the teacher and security guard came with him. The the teacher pointed to the first person and said "Okay, you can go back to class and sit. You two (pointing to me and the third guy), go back and get your stuff and come back here."

By then, I was really worried. Really worried. I got my stuff and walked back, but he said it was all a joke and it was an exercise to imitate the setting of the crucible, and he went into another lecture about the situation. My vague hope was correct, but I figured that I wouldn't have been scared at all if I hadn't played with the files on those computers.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...