Author Topic: Sooo, act 4 for war in heaven is still being worked on?  (Read 44524 times)

Offline -Sara-

Re: Sooo, act 4 for war in heaven is still being worked on?
Maybe we ought to create a betting pool on whichever will be released first: Blue Planet - Act 4, or George R.R. Martin's The Winds of Winter.  :nod:

Weren't you the one who made some BP character art some years back?

Yep, ages ago. Nowadays I barely have time to do much of anything. Trying to move in with my significant other, pay the bills, wanting to play a hundred games but being able to afford only so many. I bet real life past the age of 30 gets a score of 1 on MetaCritic. :P
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 04:08:11 pm by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

I always wonder what this RL is people are talking about... ;)

No, really. :D Mind reuploading the things you made somewhere? Even though they weren't official I remember they were pretty good, and I think there are enough BP fangirls around who'd take a look.

Offline -Sara-

I'm not even sure if I still have it, I highly doubt it. That was two computers ago.  :sigh:
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
On a related note, that VOTC thing on Knossos is pretty awesome (though it sadly only seems to have one mission at the moment).  It also had what I would call surprisingly good writing.  Did any of you BP guys work on that?

Offline emark4

Maybe we ought to create a betting pool on whichever will be released first: Blue Planet - Act 4, or George R.R. Martin's The Winds of Winter.  :nod:

Yep, ages ago. Nowadays I barely have time to do much of anything. Trying to move in with my significant other, pay the bills, wanting to play a hundred games but being able to afford only so many. I bet real life past the age of 30 gets a score of 1 on MetaCritic. :P

Wait whaaaa? There's character artwork? I would love to see what Noemi and samuel Bei looks like :)

Offline emark4

On a related note, that VOTC thing on Knossos is pretty awesome (though it sadly only seems to have one mission at the moment).  It also had what I would call surprisingly good writing.  Did any of you BP guys work on that?

I'm wondering why no one has brought attention to that mod yet...

Wait whaaaa? There's character artwork? I would love to see what Noemi and samuel Bei looks like :)

IIRC the devs stated somewhere rather explicit that this is not BP Canon, and it was never added to any BP release.

God damn it guys, I'd take even a cinematic cutscene to close this series out. :P

God damn it guys, I'd take even a cinematic cutscene to close this series out. :P

Sssshhhh.... saying that BP requires extra custom assets to be complete will make Battuta hate you. ;)

Offline emark4

I'm making a mini-campaign that is HEAVILY inspired by Blue Planet. An alternate reality, where stuff went down differently at Saturn, and the GTVA finds themselves on the losing end of the war.

It won't be Act 4, and it won't be BP canon. But it is BP-adjacent, and it is being actively worked on!

Hey Erebus, there is a mod on Knossos called VOTC Serkr's Story and I was wondering if that was you.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Sssshhhh.... saying that BP requires extra custom assets to be complete will make Battuta hate you. ;)

We won’t hate you, we’ll just release a campaign instead of sitting around for nigh on 20 years waiting to finish assets.

We won’t hate you, we’ll just release a campaign instead of sitting around for nigh on 20 years waiting to finish assets.

Good to know. :D

Sup people

2019 is here and still nothing concerning BP act4 & 5 ?
as a huge freespace fan i must admit that im really sad to hear that the team isen't able to make any progress

tho im still curious to know if the project was dropped or will it someday see the light of day ?

-PS :act 3 still lacks voice acting btw but we all know that -

Act IV is quite advanced, just that none of the team members has time to finish it right now.

It will be out when it's done  :pimp:

Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

The Final War For The Multiverse

Act IV is quite advanced, just that none of the team members has time to finish it right now.

I do have hope, one day, someday. Keep the faith.

Was the plan to finishing out part II of WiH with 4 + 5 or has that changed?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 02:47:41 pm by manwiththemachinegun »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Yeah, ideally they would both be done together.

Yeah, ideally they would both be done together.

Wouldn't that be more difficult? AFAIK, Act IV was quite far ahead, but Act Vs premise sounded very complex again.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I actually have a better picture of how difficult it would be than you do, believe it or not. :p

I actually have a better picture of how difficult it would be than you do, believe it or not. :p

Sure, but IIRC it sounded like you were intending complete branching with multiple endings and hence more missions.