Author Topic: Coronavirus Outbreak  (Read 134781 times)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Christians who absolutely must be in a church to worship God regardless of the obvious danger to themselves or others aren't real Christians.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline starlord

I personally agree, but this statement is certainly not regarded as such by the majority.

Churches are going to reopen in France specifically because of the pressure exerted by those groups. I’m sure this will bode well, especially with christmas coming up.

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Associated Press
High court blocks NY coronavirus limits on houses of worship
JESSICA GRESKO
Thu, November 26, 2020, 12:22 AM EST
WASHINGTON (AP) — As coronavirus cases surge again nationwide the Supreme Court late Wednesday barred New York from enforcing certain limits on attendance at churches and synagogues in areas designated as hard hit by the virus.

The justices split 5-4 with new Justice Amy Coney Barrett in the majority. It was the conservative’s first publicly discernible vote as a justice. The court’s three liberal justices and Chief Justice John Roberts dissented.

Lol we're* gonna die

*a bunch of churchgoing olds

What I would like to see:
"Justice Barret has made her decision, now let her enforce it."

But also they never should have heard this because the case is moot because Cuomo revised the restrictions to a percentage-based limitation rather than a hard numerical cap.
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline Luis Dias

Hard numerical caps are stupid.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Christians who absolutely must be in a church to worship God regardless of the obvious danger to themselves or others aren't real Christians.

Precisely.

Next up to be struck down by the Amy COVID Barret Supreme Court: 1) a woman's right to choose and 2) marriage equality.

Because when you have 5 votes, you can do anything you want regardless of whether the majority's rationale has merit or not.

F*ck the Republican Death Cult. GOP delenda est.

#AmyCovidBarret
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Wow.  That was really stupid.  You can get baptized with two people (the baptizer and the baptizee) in a bathtub in your apartment.  You can livestream, facetime, or any number of other things with modern telecommunication so others can take part.  I'm saying this as a faithful Christian.  I do not take baptism at all lightly, and I do think it is absolutely important that COVID not be used as an excuse not to baptize people / be baptized.

But you still can do it safely!  There's no reason baptism has to break quarantine rules other than to to deliberately try to cast yourself as a victim (whilst putting a bunch of people (including the police) in unnecessary risk).  What brazen hypocrisy. 

I don't understand why so many cannot get this through their heads.  The quarantine rules and those enforcing them ARE NOT THE ENEMY, COVID 19 IS!  Protect yourself, protect your loved ones, protect the innocent bystanders you'd selfishly put at risk and STAY IN QUARANTINE! :banghead:

FFS
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline Aesaar

Imagine if the SCOTUS overturns Reynolds v. United States and suddenly 'it's part of my religion' becomes a viable legal defense.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Not only is it possible, but it's also better to do baptisms socially distanced. Why would you ever stop doing this?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Well ****.

My nephew babysat my kids Monday/Tuesday. Today he had no sense of taste or smell, so he got tested and it came back positive. He wore a mask the whole time he was with my kids, so hopefully that helped. We have a newborn, by the way. On the other hand, my wife got her 1st dose of Covid vaccine yesterday (she's a nurse) and she's breastfeeding. If the theory holds, that should help help the newborn hopefully.

If my family gets Covid while we're in the (seemingly) home stretch of this pandemic, I'm gonna be extra upset. We haven't done anything or gone anywhere since March. Kids do school from home. I work from home. My wife has been off for 12 weeks for maternity leave and just now went back to work. Before then, she also mostly worked from home. My nephew is extremely careful, too. He doesn't go anywhere other than to babysit for us on occasion. He has no idea where he might have got it.

EDIT: To be clear, I don't blame my nephew at all. He's an extremely responsible person that I obviously trust enough to care for my 4 kids ages 9 and under. I blame this stupid ****ing country that could have gotten this **** under control months ago but made the choice not to.

Sorry to hear that, mate. Sometimes you can do everything right and still lose. It sucks, but I'm hoping that you all are okay.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
**** it.

MJN, you don't deserve this bleeping stuff.

I really super hope you and your fam get through this unscathed.

My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Sorry to hear that Mjn.

It really does annoy me that I get to go out and have fun with my friends in China and yet back home my mum and sister have to spend Christmas alone because of a lockdown that could easily have been avoided. I literally said that the government should have locked down in October and said it was a "Save Christmas" lockdown.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline starlord

This whole thing has been stupid from top to bottom.

I hope you get through this ordeal with more scare than harm Mjn.

Sorry to hear that Mjn.

It really does annoy me that I get to go out and have fun with my friends in China and yet back home my mum and sister have to spend Christmas alone because of a lockdown that could easily have been avoided. I literally said that the government should have locked down in October and said it was a "Save Christmas" lockdown.

Same here. The Dutch government has been incredibly lacklustre. Our current government consists in a large part of christian conservative parties, and yet their lacklustre response means we're now in a situation where celebrating christmas is a hairy event.

I know that where two or three are gathered in his name, God is also, but still.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
My newborn has a fever of 102. I'm a mess.

My newborn has a fever of 102. I'm a mess.
crap.

Babies get sick a lot in the first two years. Hopefully it’s just roseola or some adenovirus.

I’ve been through similar circumstances when my kids were little. I remember being nauseous with the fear of not knowing and not being able to do anything.

God be with you and your family.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Guess who's got a fever now?

This guy.

I'll let you all know if I die lol.

Try not to!