Poll

What ranking did you get on the Geek test linked to below?

Geekish Tendencies
Geek
Total Geek
Major Geek
Super Geek
Extreme Geek
Geek God
Dysfunctional Geek
I can't be arsed to take it
Snuffelupagus
I used to beat up geeks in highschool
Poser

Author Topic: How geeky are you (test and poll)  (Read 17909 times)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Re: How geeky are you (test and poll)
I know 40k players, and I've been into Games Workshop, it's probably one of the most expensive hobbies I've seen large numbers of 10-16 year olds have.
A few of my mates used to play 40k in grades 7/8. Needless to say, finances caught up with them and they don't play too often these days. :P

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
the fact it mainly appeals to young teenagers really seems quite strange, given the violence and high octane nightmare fuel of the whole thing, Hell, TVtropes as a page just for it:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/HighOctaneNightmareFuel/Warhammer40000
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I hate to say it, but as far as I know 40K players are the geeks that geeks look down on for being too geeky.
Yeah, seriously. Weirdos.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
A few of my mates used to play 40k in grades 7/8. Needless to say, finances caught up with them and they don't play too often these days. :P

The hilarous thing about that is that finances shouldn't have caught up with them unless you buy direct. The market is hilarously oversaturated and just buying stuff off ebay or wherever you can get it all for a heck of a lot cheaper than Games Workshop wishes was possible.

Unless you've just got to have a Titan model or something. Then you just kitbash your own because the Reaver model will cost you $400 and I'm scared out of my wits by the concept Forge World will try to sell a Warlord ever.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I'm quite sure all of them bought them from games workshop, bar a few of the smarter ones who used ebay.