Poll

Would you be interested in an INF:A standalone mod?

Yes if there's new content as well
30 (76.9%)
Yes if it's exactly like the currently INFA
2 (5.1%)
No, leave it as it is as FS2 and INF SCP required
7 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: February 09, 2007, 03:45:11 pm

Author Topic: Alliance Standalone  (Read 25289 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
70% of all the Terran stuff works now, just need to add ballistic capacities and fs1 weapons to INF:A fighters

I swapped the Hades to Fenris style maps

And no the port missions don't work correctly without modification :p

Offline Dysko

Woo, if you need I am making loading screens for Steadfast. Do you think you'll need some also for INF:A? I could make them...

I may also help in voice acting, if you don't mind having an Italianized accent...
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well it's a bit too early for loading screens at the moment, I only have just over a quarter of the ships installed.
I still need to add Vasudan, Shivan, EA, Jovian and Plutonian ships, and finalise what's actually in it yet :)

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
The retexture is a quite clean one, good job, but to be honest i think there's too many windows. That's something i noticed on the INF:A capital models too; tons of windows. I would say "less is more"; maybe one or two long rows, but other than that just the odd grouping here and there. So on this Hades for example, keep the two rows on the side of the head and "body", but loose the others around the engines, and instead keep the plain hull, with some minor additions to add some variety (like keeping the old black texture for the arms holding the smaller engines).

I know thats asking for alot of work, but i think in the long run it will look more effective. These are space warships designed for combat. Windows are nice for the crew, but they'll want alot of heavy armour too to stop enemy fire shreading them. The Fenris is a good model to show this; a few groupings of windows here and there, but the rest is plain hull with some minor decor.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Actually the Hades UV is rather poor in some areas for these texutes, and those shots are just a direct texture replacement with no changes to the model. If I do include a fenris style Hades then I'll remap it to fit the textures better.

Actually I disagree entirely with the number of windows, I like them the way they are. If I cut the number of windows on the ships they would look totally bare.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Keep the number of windows the same, but lose the rows, they look bad right now. And for the bridge (sticky outy thing) add some 'main' windows or something, to make it look cool.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
We'll see once I get round to it.

Just imported the Shivan stuff, including the original HTL Lucifer and our upgraded INF version.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Will both be included?

Will there be a complete INFA compatible port?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The FS Port?

It might be possible if tbms are used to override default INF:A data using a mod directory. The INF:A armour code can be 'reset' for running the FS Port, and a ship override can reset the exisitng ships to use default FS1 weapons so the missions don't need to be edited and add any missing stuff like seperate entires for the Galatea and Bastion.

The main problem with getting the port running is the additional of basic Vasudan weapons that are used in the early part of the campaign.

I also won't be including the additional mods in the current port as some are either reskins (medical stuff) or would clash with our own stuff (Angel and Gorgon) I'll leave those to the proper port :)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Started a FSPort override folder to test out the capacity to run the FS Port on top of INF:A.

Mission 1 were you protect the Orff now works perfectly.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Most of it should work now without modification to the missions, though I'm only up to mission 5.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Started removing the EA weapons from the main INF:A campaign and adding new and replacement weapons

EA weapons will be mostly introduced in INF:A2

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Mind changed again. :lol:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
At the moment the Port seems to be working when I play each mission in the techroom, I've yet to try a full campaign run.
I'm currently modifying the INF:A campaign, adding full weapon compatability for FS1 weapons to INF:A ships to each ship entry, and fixing up some minor issues.

Offline Dysko

Why don't you make nameplates for INF:A's ships? Or is it too long/difficult to add another texture for them?
If you plan to make them, I may make some of them with PS.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I might, but I need to add nameplate textures to the models first.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I may also help in voice acting, if you don't mind having an Italianized accent...

Auriga:Picciotti, distruggete il cannone di quella p*****a di una Megaera!
Alpha wing pilot:Suuubbiito signore! Di Alpha wing sono! Mi muovo per distruggere il cannone!
Auriga:Ma che ca**o fai? Hai distutto il <navigation subsystem>! La Megaera se ne รจ andata!
Alpha wing pilot: Scusatemi, Auriga! E che oggi 'un potevo prendere calimma!

<-<
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

:lol:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Dysko

Probably I'd have a more "Milanised" accent  ;) (I couldn't understand the last line: what does mean "calimma"?)

BTW, I have another idea for a standalone INF:A: make it multiplayer compatible! If you do so, I volounteer for multi testing! (*cough*Actually, I'd volounteer also for testing the normal standalone INF:A*cough*).

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
You can play the current INF:A via LAN. You'll just get some hacked tables warnings.