Author Topic: Idea!  (Read 1320 times)

I was wondering, that if there was a way to make a Nebula just like an asteroid field: the ability to have it confined to a certain box, with a center box placed for an opening that you could fly OUT of the nebula. This would be really cool for operations where you are exiting a nebula, and then WHOOSH! An entire space is revealed before you and you think "Wow... thats cool..."

I was curious, because I would want to add one of these effects in my campaign, and I was wondering it this was REMOTELY possible.

Offline Cetanu

• http://165thbdhr.com/
Since the nebula is actually only around your ship - not in the whole area - I doubt it would work that you can be "outside" of it and look back at "something" ... but in theory a nice idea, just needs a different way of nebula coding first
Work is the curse of the drinking class
Keeper of BDHR's Holy Grail of Beer

Valid PXO/F2NETD multiplayer missions - mirrors: 1,2
Additional valid F2NETD multiplayer missions - mirrors: 1,2
Voicefiles for these missions - mirrors: 1,2

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I remember seeing a post about a way to do just that actually. It was very hacky though and would mean that you'd basically write off any possibility of having asteroid fields.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 04:54:41 pm by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

When I think about it, I think about Freelancer and the ability to just fly in and out and in and out of nebula. Its a great thing. So, you give a set color, the gas you want it to be, and then if you fly out and look back, you see exactly what you saw when you went in.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Phear my memory of long dead topics

click me

With the new extra species code that Kazan added you can now do this without having to sacrifice a species you actually cared about.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]