Author Topic: Pick your favorite screenshots  (Read 15224 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Re: Pick your favorite screenshots
I know.
I made a comment "very VERY nice" under one of them.  :lol:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I made a comment "very VERY nice" under one of them.  :lol:

Yes I think I might have to join in.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
I saw that too, and i was SO tempted to post "indeed" to every pic. :D

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I've already started giving every one I see negative Karma.  Starting on the next batch I am going to do that and then delete them.  If it continues after that I will see if I can file a complaint.  Other people are PO'd about him too.  Tried to check his profile today and he made it private so others can't view or leave him messages. 

BTW Vid I have the pics from the FH mission ready to go.  Should be on that RW mission next.  First couple of DC missions are done as well with no real bugs.  One cap didn't get killed by the Shadow beam in mission 2 but that's more of a FRED issue.  It was only at 5% so it took no time at all to kill it. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

It was only at 5% so it took no time at all to kill it. 

I never tested the campaign above medium  :lol:

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
It was only at 5% so it took no time at all to kill it. 

I never tested the campaign above medium  :lol:

I don't think anyone else did either.  Quite a few bugs on EMW Demo and RW if you play on insane. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Last weeks winners uploaded.  Only one this time around.  Vid requested it and I got a bit carried away. 

Against the flood

Download .rar

Offline Vidmaster

did you use the currently released version? Probably so. (because there is still that Harvester not firing bug at the end). Don't bother searching for it, it's already fixed (for the trilogy release). Very cool and cool-looking mission.

Voting for:
2a
4a
5a
11a
15a
18a
23a
26b (YES, THERE IS A HALIK IN THE MISSION IP!!!)
33a
36a
37a
42b
48a (I love my faked jumpgate)
55a
69a

many more nice ones but I can't vote for all and expect FUBAR to like it, can I?

Offline -Norbert-

A "bit" carried away?

FH2260_M8_2a
FH2260_M8_4b (If it wasn't for the Firehawk being invisible apart form the reactor glow, I'd have picked a)
FH2260_M8_6a
FH2260_M8_7a
FH2260_M8_8a
FH2260_M8_12b
FH2260_M8_21a
FH2260_M8_25a
FH2260_M8_26b (why is the background nebula in front of the planet?)
FH2260_M8_28b
FH2260_M8_32a
FH2260_M8_35b
FH2260_M8_40b
FH2260_M8_43a
FH2260_M8_49b
FH2260_M8_64b
FH2260_M8_65b
FH2260_M8_69a (I think this one should really get in, since the faloski is shown so rarely - aka not at all so far.)

Offline Vidmaster

FH2260_M8_26b (why is the background nebula in front of the planet?)

oopppsss

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Kind of hard to pick a clear winner with only 2 of you voting but I'd have to say 69A was the victor.  I uploaded the rest that received more than one vote along with the remaining ones with one vote I liked best to round out the 10 picks. 

I'll be posting the next batch shortly.  Kind of lost track of what I have and haven't done and more importantly what I have and haven't got ready for upload.  I'd like to get some more multi pics and not just ones of me playing multi by myself.  Have to remember that next time I play multi (won't make the 12th due to an appointment that day). 

Looks like I was ahead of myself and didn't know it.  Already had the battle of the line ready to go:

Bab5_Demo4
Bab5_Demo5

Download .rar

I know there are some really good ones in there.  I went traitor to get some close up shots for the Furies attacking in formation. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 07:12:18 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Do we have any view on  nuahs88's ubiquitous "Very nice:)" comments. Posting it on every, single, image, without fail, dilutes it's meaningfulness.

Well he kept posting even after I deleted them so I contacted ModDB.  Just got a reply back and he is now banned from posting any comments anywhere on ModDB.  Problem solved.

Offline -Norbert-

Maybe a bit darstic, but certainly effective  :lol:

Bab5_Demo4_1b
Bab5_Demo4_4b
Bab5_Demo4_7a
Bab5_Demo4_8a (I just hope the ModDB page is going to make the pics big enough that you can read the messages 7 and 8)
Bab5_Demo4_11a
Bab5_Demo4_13a
Bab5_Demo4_16b (When I saw this pic, I immediatly thought of an into or cutscene going like this: "Shot of earth, hanging peacefully in space. Suddenly a minbari beam like on the pic. Starfury flys in front of the camera. Starfury is blasted apart. Camera moves around to show the Human fleet getting pounded by the Minbari)
Bab5_Demo4_18a
Bab5_Demo4_19a
Bab5_Demo4_21b
Bab5_Demo4_23a

Oh, almost forgot the 2nd picset...

Bab5_Demo5_2b
Bab5_Demo5_5a
Bab5_Demo5_7b
Bab5_Demo5_8b (This reminds me so of Londos speech in ITB "Where others would give up the Humans fought all the harder...")
Bab5_Demo5_21a
Bab5_Demo5_36b
Bab5_Demo5_39c
Bab5_Demo5_44a
Bab5_Demo5_41b
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 05:37:38 am by -Norbert- »

Offline Vidmaster

Demo4:
4a
5b
8a
10a
13a
15b
16a (I like it...    ...what?)
19a (MUST HAVE, moderator anti-veto  ;7)
24a
28b

Demo5:
1a
4a
5b (another must have)
15a
16a
19a
27b
45a
36a (cool)

Me thinking...
maybe I should revive or remake this campaign. A full Earth-Minbari War campaign, including the good missions from this demo (1 to 3). The Battle of the Line missions redone with the background battle sexps by FUBAR for FH2261. Would be cool.
BUT, I should release that one first  :lol:

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Path of Blood made me think perhaps an EMW campaign might actually have been an entertaining campaign to write. Especially now we have the Avenger, Tiger etc... Still I would want to keep it short as it would probably be unrelentingly bleak.

Bab5_Demo4_13b.jpg
Bab5_Demo4_19b.jpg (even though I don't usually like big explosion screens)
Bab5_Demo4_23b.jpg
Bab5_Demo4_27b.jpg
Bab5_Demo4_4b.jpg
Bab5_Demo4_7b.jpg
Bab5_Demo4_8b.jpg
Bab5_Demo5_11b.jpg
Bab5_Demo5_15b.jpg
Bab5_Demo5_18b.jpg
Bab5_Demo5_28b.jpg
Bab5_Demo5_41b.jpg
Bab5_Demo5_4b.jpg

Great captures again...
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

yeah 12 to 17 missions, not more.
What's making my Hunters so great is the incredible speed of events happening, as well as the resulting mission and enemy diversity. In an Earth-Minbari war, the selection is somewhat limited. We can't do a FS2 30 mission campaign  :lol:    again, that's something for the future.

Offline -Norbert-

Besides how often can the same pilot escape almost certain death from a superior enemy, untill it begins to feel strange...

Offline Vidmaster

Alpha 1 can. Believe me. Alpha 1 is god.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
You could do something different like having a EMW campaign with 2 points of view.  One mission you play an EA pilot the next a Minbari pilot. 

Offline Vidmaster

now you spoiled it.