Author Topic: Semi-Release: Nuclear's campaign demo!  (Read 3662 times)

Offline Nuclear1

Semi-Release: Nuclear's campaign demo!
4 missions here for you (if you're too lazy or just don't care to check the other thread.

Clicky!

Post here with comments or if you have problems running the demo.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 12:10:30 am by 673 »
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

*Downloading*
Developing a FS2 Campaign:
Corruptible, everyone has a price

Offline Nuclear1

Only one download? *shrug*

Allright.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

That wasn't one download, that was one reply. I downloaded it, but I've only played the first mission so nothing to comment on yet.

it has nothing to do either...
i downloaded it...but no tested it yet...

Offline Axem

'Twas a nice play. :) I haven't played anything but my own missions in a while, so it was a nice change.

Looked like it was a little rushed though. Like Jump Node 0, and the personas needed to be set, unless Alpha 2 was supposed to be a man and a woman...

On to more spoilerish material...

Spoiler:
I liked the dropping of sentry guns, but I thought there could've been at least some action in the asteroid belt, maybe a wing or two. And Sentry Gun Alpha in the third mission was already there from the start of the mission. Must've forgotten its arrival cue or something.

what?!
Alpha 2 is hermaprhodite?

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Axem
'Twas a nice play. :) I haven't played anything but my own missions in a while, so it was a nice change.

Looked like it was a little rushed though. Like Jump Node 0, Ick. Can't believe I forgot that. Well, it was supposed to be Procyon A, I believe.and the personas needed to be set, unless Alpha 2 was supposed to be a man and a woman...That's just laziness on my part. When I fully release it, I'll have the personas set to match messages.

On to more spoilerish material...

Spoiler:
I liked the dropping of sentry guns, but I thought there could've been at least some action in the asteroid belt, maybe a wing or two. And Sentry Gun Alpha in the third mission was already there from the start of the mission. Must've forgotten its arrival cue or something.
[/B]

As for the spoilers:

Spoiler:
Yes, I suppose I did forget the arrival cue. As for the action, I might add it, but I was kind of following a Derelict pattern: action comes when the freighters send out the distress call, so leave the other missions to discussion and gun-laying.

played the first mission...
I liked:
The background: a recent engagement and the GTVA repairing their ships...
The in-game chat: pretty good work here...very realistic...(except when the pilots talked while some pirates were chasing a cruiser)

i didn't liked it:
First: the background. Good Nebulae....but the planet shade is not aligned to the suns...
Second: the pirates...why would the pirates would attack the militaries directly...never in human history pirates attacked militaries directly...Pirates want profit...why did the pirates kept sending wave after wave of fighters, even if they lost every of them with NO profit at all....just losses...
Third: gameplay...the mission is too repetitive...just fight wave after wave of fighter...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2005, 07:24:53 pm by 2309 »

I played it. The missions were pretty good, for a demo that is. For the campaign I'd like if they were spiced up a bit. The few fighters coming in works in some cases, but against larger warships you really need more than just a couple coming in.

Instead of warships coming in, you could have warships, and then the supplies that will be fixing them. So maybe the pirates concentrate more on the following freighters???

Also, one of your directives and/or wings was mispelt. Should be "Marauder"

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Akalabeth Angel
Instead of warships coming in, you could have warships, and then the supplies that will be fixing them. So maybe the pirates concentrate more on the following freighters???

Sounds good.

Spoiler:
In this case, I'll just generate a couple of warships (like the ones I have now), let the pilots have the discussion about the Hyperion, and then send in the supplies.