Author Topic: Quasi-Release: Super FreeSpace Kart!  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Axem

Quasi-Release: Super FreeSpace Kart!
Yeesh, you'd think I should be working on other projects or studying for midterms. ;)

It's Mario Kart + FreeSpace!

Okay, maybe not Mario Kart, there's no powerups here, maybe... GT4 + FreeSpace? But its the first thing that came to mind.

Anyway, to get this to work correctly you'll need either WMCoolmon's mystery build or his cumulative one. I've only tested it with the culumative one though. It's not perfect, the AI messes up on some of the turns, but it eventually comes back on course enough to be a challenge. Try making an opponent a Horus, you'll really regret it. ;)

And now I'd just like to say I LOVE variables and arguments. Those things are awesome and made work a heck of a lot easier.

So what are you waiting for?
Link!

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
hilarious :dizzy:
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
I'm going to have to try this at home.

How do hte arguments work in this case? All I can find in that FRED code is in the place it's supposed to be.

Also, you got your Beta and Gamma lap events mixed up, in names at least.....
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Axem

The agrument works more like a variable. Who ever set it off will be referred to whenever is used.

And for the lap events, are you sure? I just checked in FRED and they look alright, although I mispelt Gamma in one of the messages... :nervous:

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
I gotta try this *downloads!..*  :)
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:lol: Super!  All we need now is Space Invaders or one of those vertical-scrolling arcade games. :lol:

Offline Axem

Space Invaders would be a pain since its lots of side to side moving. For the AI you could fake it with having the model sideways and make it move to your relative left or right.

But something like Galaga would be easier, I'll have to try that sometime. :D

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Goober5000
:lol: Super!  All we need now is Space Invaders or one of those vertical-scrolling arcade games. :lol:

Does cell shading still work, BTW?  I always thought a cell-shaded mod with stupidly huge explosions and swarms of wee enemies would be neat.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Don't think so.  It was never converted to HTL.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Axem
Space Invaders would be a pain since its lots of side to side moving. For the AI you could fake it with having the model sideways and make it move to your relative left or right.
It might be simpler than that.  Toggle Descent-style physics and use the strafe. ;)

The Scorpion can strafe, IIRC.  Try adding it and see what happens.

Offline Nuclear1

The Mara can as well, last I checked.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Axem

How do you toggle it? Is it just that Thrust Left, Right, Up, Down thing in the key config?

hmmm.. Freespace Asteroids :D
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
if someone want's cell shadeing enough, I now know how to re-implement it.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together