Author Topic: RELEASE: GTI Rebellion Demo  (Read 4781 times)

Offline Nuclear1

RELEASE: GTI Rebellion Demo
Originally posted by Goober5000
After this last fix, would you mind uploading a new version of the campaign with all the patches integrated? :)

I'll get on that tomorrow ;)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by nuclear1
GTI Rebellion music! Credits to Singh for compressing/readying it for FS2. Cookie to whoever guesses the source. ;)
I've heard it in another campaign (in development), but I don't know the source.  Any hints?

Incidentally, soundtrack 8 and the new briefing/debriefing music don't appear to be included anywhere.

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Goober5000
I've heard it in another campaign (in development), but I don't know the source.  Any hints?

Incidentally, soundtrack 8 and the new briefing/debriefing music don't appear to be included anywhere.

I was wondering when people would start asking. ;) The music is the Drums of Gaugamela from Alexander. Vangelis is one damned good composer.

I had no idea someone else was using it in their camp. Kudos to their good tastes :)

As for the missing music, I was simply being hasty and forgot to delete SoF and all of the briefing/debriefing entries. They're all pretty good, and will definitely be in the main release.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Where was the new music supposed to be? I think I missed it. Some of the briefings didn't even seem to have any music . . .

Offline Nuclear1

The new music was not included in the actual demo. I gave the music download just as an optional download for those who wanted to see where we were going in that area.

As for the briefings, I understand where you mean. I was originally playing around with the briefing music, and I seemed to have forgot to change them back to standard FS2 briefings before release. That, of course, will be fixed when I release the patch ;)

Offline Nuclear1

Fully patched version is out! Check the first post. :D

Changes include:

• Fixed freighter kill bug in Mission 3.
  • Hornet now uses original FS1 blue trail.
  • Prometheus switched to FS1-era Prometheus.
  • Fixed briefings where no music played.
  • Edited Music.tbl to include only Music of War, not the extra briefing/debriefing music or Symphony of Fear.

Thanks to everyone who alerted me to these bugs. ;)

Well I downloaded the music too, was it supposed to be in the game? Or was it just something to listen to in VPView??

Quoth nuclear:

The new music was not included in the actual demo. I gave the music download just as an optional download for those who wanted to see where we were going in that area.

Offline Nuclear1

It's alright, Blitz. I probably just didn't elaborate enough. ;)

What I had meant to say was that the music was not actually used anywhere in the demo's six missions. It was an optional download simply to show our music progress (and even for use in your own campaigns, so long as you give myself and Singh credit for it ;) ).

The music's pretty cool, though I obviously haven't seen the movie in the question as i have no idea where it comes from (thing its mentioned up in the thread as Alexander or something). I'm not sure about the vocals, they're okay listening to it but I'm not sure how it'd come across in the mission. My favourites are actually the arrival cues, it's a shame FS2 didn't have more of these (especially Allied arrival).

I might have to throw it in a mission and see how it plays out. The campaign I'm working on already has some custom music in it for the main hall (it's mostly on a vasudan ship, and the psamptik has ass for ambience) though it's just some FS1 stuff ala inferno. I could explore the possibility of other stuff going in there.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 11:29:28 pm by 1332 »

Offline Target

The zip file is corrupt. Downloaded a couple times, same result.