Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > FS2 Open Tools

Adding missing subobject properties

(1/4) > >>

FUBAR-BDHR:
I've noticed that not all the available properties appear in the drop down box under properties.  Could they be added?  Some are new ($lod0_name=) but some have been there for ages. 

Spicious:
If you post a list of missing properties, I can add them. I won't be rebuilding the windows executable for probably at least a week though.

FUBAR-BDHR:
I went through the code and this is everything I found.  I know some are already there but it was easier to list them all.

$name=<string>                        Subsystem name$fov=x                         Turret field of view default 180$crewspot=<string>                        Not used$rotate=x                        rotation speed$pbank=<bank>                        use with $rotate for weapon controlled rotation$stepped                        use with $rotate for stepped rotation$steps=x                        use with $stepped number of steps default 8$t_paused=x                        use with $stepped pause time default 2.0$t_transit=x                        use with $stepped transition time default 2.0$fraction_accel=x                        use with $stepped fraction of time spent in accel default 0.3$triggered:                        animation code key$dumb_rotate:                        no idea only comment is "Iyojj skybox 4" default 0.0$special=subsystem                        defines subobject as subsystem$special=no_rotate                        marks submodel which should not rotate$no_collisions                        causes subobject and all under it not to have collision detection$nocollide_this_only                        cause only this subobject not to have collision detection$collide_invisible                        subobject should collide even if invisible$gun_rotation:                        for animated weapon models$lod0_name=<string>                        name to use for LOD0 for adding LODs to old models$detail_box:                        defines this subobject as a detail box$box_min:x,y,z                        $detail box minimum coordinates$box_max:x,y,z                        $detail box maximum coordinates$uvec:x,y,z                        turret orientation up vector (normal)$fvec:x,y,z                        turret orientation front vector

Bobboau:
it would be nice if uvec and fvec were actually produced on the fly when the POF was saved, and the submodel given an orientation matrix.

dumb_rotate is a different way of implementing rotation, where the angle of rotation is a function of time, this causes the rotation to show up in all circumstances, not just when attached to a subsystem on a ship, so for instance you can get rotation subobjects in skyboxes, or missiles.

Spicious:

--- Quote from: Bobboau on October 25, 2010, 03:03:27 am ---it would be nice if uvec and fvec were actually produced on the fly when the POF was saved, and the submodel given an orientation matrix.

--- End quote ---
I'm tempted to try this. It's more or less what I'm planning for the Collada importer/exporter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version