Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > FS2 Open Tools

PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.15.0-dev+73b131a (combined launcher/installer)

<< < (222/233) > >>

jg18:
Hi there! Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to this one.

Try asking on the #fsport channel on the HLP Discord.

If you don't get a response there (I'm not sure how active that channel is), try the #scp or #knossos channels.

Where did you get the Italian text pack from? How did you install it?

praseodym:
Hi,

just for development: Building the latest Knossos 1.0 on Ubuntu 20.04 ./task_sh client-run results in

--- Code: ---Task client-run failed due to its dependency client-build: Task client-build failed due to its dependency libknossos-build: Task libknossos-build failed due to its dependency libinnoextract-build: Task libinnoextract-build failed due to its dependency libinnoextract-cmake-build: exit status 1
--- End code ---

wesp5:
I wanted to ask some questions about the latest Knossos release. I used it recently to upload a new version of "The Babylon Project" standalone game and at first it failed by hanging itself exactly on the package which contained the modified files. I managed to make if work by manually editing the mod.json file to remove the entries of some files there that had been removed from the package and to delete the checksums of the modified files. Because Knossos did not give me any warnings, here is what I want to know:

- Did Knossos hang because it was looking for the files mentioned in mod.json that were not there or did Knossos hang because it compared the checksums in mod.json with those of the changed files?
  (While uploading the checksum test was reported as being successfull.)
- Is there an easy way in Knossos to calculate the checksums for changed files and maybe even a way to just upload files in a package that have been modified instead of always uploading everything?
  (You know how GIT clients or other similar tools upload to repositories.)

Trivial Psychic:
What would cause Knossos to suddenly decide it's only JUST been installed?  It's been working for me for some time without any major hickups, but suddenly when I open it up it won't show any of the installed mods and is asking me where I should install the Knossos libraries.  I'm not above reinstalling everything, but I've done a lot of customizations to most of the installs, such as adding higher-poly ships, turret angles and rotation sounds, and I'd rather not lose all of that work.  Will I just have to back-up everything I've done and reinstall?

jg18:

--- Quote from: Trivial Psychic on December 24, 2021, 10:52:26 pm ---What would cause Knossos to suddenly decide it's only JUST been installed?

--- End quote ---
If you're on Windows, rename the folder %appdata%\knossos. If Linux, I think the folder is ~/.knossos.

EDIT:

--- Quote from: praseodym on November 24, 2021, 10:25:40 am ---Hi,

just for development: Building the latest Knossos 1.0 on Ubuntu 20.04 ./task_sh client-run results in

*snip*

--- End quote ---
The new Knossos isn't yet complete. The current Knossos repo is here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version