Author Topic: Ask a crew member  (Read 279694 times)

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Bah, nobody would want to watch us anyway.

Misuzu: you have the chance to star in your own anime. What is it about?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
There was a problem with the subspace communicator. This has been fixed now.

Misuzu:
How many mechs you have?
Misuzu: Out of all your model kits, which would you say is your favorite?

"Around twenty, though I still have five I need to build. Unforunately I haven't had much time recently. You'd be suprised how much time the military want you to spend on waging wars and such. I think my favorite is the MS-18."

Misuzu: What is your most favoritest song in the whole wide world.
"'Shoot it', done by the 2999 cheese eaters.
I doubt you heard of them though."

Misuzu: you have the chance to star in your own anime. What is it about?

"Me! And big guns."

* AndrewofDoom begins to ponder on the integrity of the fourth wall.

Luna, how long will it take for this fourth wall to come falling down?

"I'll give it about 4 weeks."
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline -Norbert-

Wait.... is Luna only wearing a face mask, or does she have some hair-like adoration on the top of her helmet?

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Misuzu, are you going to buy MG 00 Quanta?
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Milkshake, where did your callsign from?
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Misuzu, Crystal, Dawn: did you three really fight alongside the legendary Alpha 1?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Wait.... is Luna only wearing a face mask, or does she have some hair-like adoration on the top of her helmet?
Cyrvan helmets are not vacuum proof.
They have confidence in their cockpit construction.

Misuzu, are you going to buy MG 00 Quanta?

"Hmmm, isn't that one really hard to get these days? They stopped making new ones for a few decades ago..."

Milkshake, where did your callsign from?

"It from somewhere."

Misuzu, Crystal, Dawn: did you three really fight alongside the legendary Alpha 1?

"Alpha one, legendary? Alpha wings are just targets, are they not?"

"Captain Burner was flying as Alpha one, but I wouldn't really call him legendary..."

"I have no idea what you are talking about..."
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Misuzu or Crystal: Which one of you had to fly inside the Hertak flag ship? I have conflicting information on which one it was.

Whichever of you it was... did you find it easy to navigate inside that thing? How long did it take for you to destroy the reactors, and how much time did you have to spare before it exploded?

Dawn: Was it difficult to transition to fighters without actual transparent cockpit canopy? How exactly does that work? We saw that one mission with the early encounter with Fur'Angle where windows proved their value, but in normal use, how does the visual environment system in the windowless cockpits compare with actually seeing out with your own eyes? Resolution, response time? Does the visual environment system offer additional features such as adjusting the observation spectrum from visible light to, say, infra-red or ultraviolet, or even radio frequencies (microwave frequencies would be good for visual detection of radar sources) or x-ray/gamma ray wavelengths (which could be used to detect reactors, both working and breached).

Cyrvans: What? You're not wearing full vacuum seal space suits in combat? Do your cockpits eject as a whole, sealed system? What sort of contingencies do you have for situations where your pilots are exposed to vacuum? It's not just the integrity of your cockpit construction, it's a question about life support redundancy. What happens if one of your ships has a reactor failure? Does the life support run on its own energy system? What if there's a failure in the life support system itself? You could lose the atmosphere even if the ship is technically totally intact... Soyuz 11 is a good historical example.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Misuzu or Crystal: Which one of you had to fly inside the Hertak flag ship? I have conflicting information on which one it was.

Whichever of you it was... did you find it easy to navigate inside that thing? How long did it take for you to destroy the reactors, and how much time did you have to spare before it exploded?

"That was me. The Aestival's controls are not easy on the Terran mind.
It was pretty hard, its a good thing I just had to follow the computer generated waypoints, it would have been easy to get lost in that large, dark ship. After destroying the reactors, I just barely managed to jump into subspace before it exploded. This would have been plain impossible for a Terran to pull off."

Dawn: Was it difficult to transition to fighters without actual transparent cockpit canopy? How exactly does that work? We saw that one mission with the early encounter with Fur'Angle where windows proved their value, but in normal use, how does the visual environment system in the windowless cockpits compare with actually seeing out with your own eyes? Resolution, response time? Does the visual environment system offer additional features such as adjusting the observation spectrum from visible light to, say, infra-red or ultraviolet, or even radio frequencies (microwave frequencies would be good for visual detection of radar sources) or x-ray/gamma ray wavelengths (which could be used to detect reactors, both working and breached).

"The step from the Ray I to Mk III was pretty big in that regard. These windowless cockpits actually offer a lot more visibility, they have all sorts of visual aid. I'm not really that well informed on the technical details though...
Of course, compared to Infi's neural interface everything is primitive."

"If you'll allow me on the technicals.
The standard Cleo-132 cockpit found in most LSF strike craft these days have three screens capable of handling resolutions up to 32768x32768. We stopped bothering with response times several decades ago. It's all somewhere in the range of 0.0001ms these days.
In addition to a 80x zoom, the cockpit indeed has the additional features you listed. While the advanced sensor variant can also pick up subspace waves and a whole list of extra things.
There is also the option to have 'screen in screen' windows, allowing the pilot to track up to 10 different targets (friend or foe) in smaller view screens. And it alerts the pilot when a hostile is targeting him."

Cyrvans: What? You're not wearing full vacuum seal space suits in combat? Do your cockpits eject as a whole, sealed system? What sort of contingencies do you have for situations where your pilots are exposed to vacuum? It's not just the integrity of your cockpit construction, it's a question about life support redundancy. What happens if one of your ships has a reactor failure? Does the life support run on its own energy system? What if there's a failure in the life support system itself? You could lose the atmosphere even if the ship is technically totally intact... Soyuz 11 is a good historical example.

"Yes, the whole cockpit ejects and the life support has its own power supply.
In the case the cockpit itself is somehow breached there is an emergency system build within our flight suits which projects an energy field around the head and if need be, around the whole body but that drains the power at a far faster rate."
Urutorahappī!!

Offline -Norbert-

Drains power fast.... that's a very good arguement to use a vacuum proof helmet and suit, don't you think?

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
"That was me. The Aestival's controls are not easy on the Terran mind.
It was pretty hard, its a good thing I just had to follow the computer generated waypoints, it would have been easy to get lost in that large, dark ship. After destroying the reactors, I just barely managed to jump into subspace before it exploded. This would have been plain impossible for a Terran to pull off."
That means you are better than Terrans at resisting Gs? Or your cockpits have active protections against them?

"If you'll allow me on the technicals.
The standard Cleo-132 cockpit found in most LSF strike craft these days have three screens capable of handling resolutions up to 32768x32768. We stopped bothering with response times several decades ago. It's all somewhere in the range of 0.0001ms these days.
In addition to a 80x zoom, the cockpit indeed has the additional features you listed. While the advanced sensor variant can also pick up subspace waves and a whole list of extra things.
There is also the option to have 'screen in screen' windows, allowing the pilot to track up to 10 different targets (friend or foe) in smaller view screens. And it alerts the pilot when a hostile is targeting him."
Imagine the video games you can play with that

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Drains power fast.... that's a very good arguement to use a vacuum proof helmet and suit, don't you think?

"The key word here is Faster.
The difference is 51 hours on full, versus 347 hours on just the head. The suit itself is completely vacuum proof."

That means you are better than Terrans at resisting Gs? Or your cockpits have active protections against them?

"Terrans are actually better at resisting Gs. But that is irrelevant, you won't notice any G forces at work in a CSA ship.
The biggest issue for Terran pilots in CSA fighter craft is the large amount of data the ship throws at you along with the senitivity of the controls. The Terran mind is just incapable of the level of multi tasking required to effectively pilot a CSA fighter."

Imagine the video games you can play with that

"I know right.
Its one of my favorite pass times when on stand by."
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Nuclear1

Misuzu/Crystal:  So...did you guys manage to get that Ray Mk. I sold? :D
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The credits said that Intelligence took the Ray Mk.1 out of their hands.

Offline Nuclear1

Oh yeah...that's right.  :nervous:

Well anyway...Dawn, besides letting you control Infi, what effect did the genetic alteration have on your mind?
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline ReeNoiP

• I FRED
Misuzu: How do you fit your hair inside that helmet?

Crystal/Kunoichi: What is going on in that one picture with you two? Kunoichi doesn't seem to be all that happy.
Uncharted Territory is released. But I still need voice actors

Offline -Norbert-

Well anyway...Dawn, besides letting you control Infi, what effect did the genetic alteration have on your mind?
A slight tendency to precognition as hinted in the background story and shown ingame. Dawn had a "strange feeling" right before the prometheus frame was blasted by the Fura'ngle capships and lost it's beams.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Also, she was able to detect the incoming Cordi ships before the Explorer when they ended up in Alpha Draconis.

On that point: Dawn, did you ever find an explanation on how you ended up time travelling 100 years into the future and in Alpha Draconis?

Offline -Norbert-

True that would interest me too. The time travel I can guess at, but how did they skip through at least one system and end up somewhere else entirely?

Unless of course the "timetravel" happened exactly because they traveled that far, but then how comes that they were untouched by time?

17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems