Author Topic: Ask a crew member  (Read 279671 times)

Hey man, between them or us, I'd rather the creature that doesn't **** in gravel and bury it become the next ruling species in the universe.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Impossible. Nobody would kill a catgirl.
Except other catgirls. Nothing like a bit of catgirl on catgirl.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I always assumed that the half-drive only worked on actual starlance-jumps (ie intersystem), while Misuzu wanted to make an intrasystem jump back to the GA.
And interfacing 100 year old technology with new technology in the field doesn't sound easy to me in the first place.

There would also be the possibility that a half-drive can only be coupled with full-drives that were build so support the coupling. Since Humans have long since stopped to equip ships with half-drives, they wouldn't have any reason to add such a feature into their ships.
This is correct.

Easy question for Isa: What is your age?

"Sixty-seven"

Hey Crystal, your ears remind me of a Furby. So does this mean I can pat your back, tickle you and you'll make funny noises? *Quickly gets onto a different ship...

"I have no idea what a 'Furby' is, but you have my blessing."

"Get. Out."
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.
Hey Crystal, your ears remind me of a Furby. So does this mean I can pat your back, tickle you and you'll make funny noises? *Quickly gets onto a different ship...
"I have no idea what a 'Furby' is, but you have my blessing."

"Get. Out."

...Sorry... :nervous: *Will she ever forgive me?

Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
I'm sure you know where the two Cyrvan ships in the WoD II trailer were going, Enigmatic Entity.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Should we give him a 21 beam salute?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Naw, it would just draw more attention to us. His sacrifice will buy us time to enact Operation Catgirl.

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!

Aye aye, cap'n!

Ow my eyes. What the hell are they shooting at?

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Aye aye, cap'n!

Ow my eyes. What the hell are they shooting at?
The butts of 21 other Challenger IIs because there isn't a ship model of 'Enigmatic Entity'.

Ah, I see it now. Originally it looked something like a wall of Mjollnirs. Curse this tiny half-dead monitor. :mad:

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Aye aye, cap'n!
Nothing better than a 21 Starlight Breaker salute to say farewell to a fallen warrior.
May Enigmatic Entity find peace.

Offline Veers

(Open to all)
What do you think is the most important factor (for you specifically) in looking for a friendship/romance/wingman or wingwoman?

(Crystal)
And Crystal, from a purely artistic perspective. Your (I'm sure its unauthorized) steam pic does highlight your amazing beauty, although I personally prefer your same beauty in your normal uniform shots. Much less intrusive and adds that specific authority flare. Have you considered any modeling and/or what is the Cyrvan opinion on modeling in that sense? (clothed uniform shots, official)

(I'm hoping I'm not a dead man)
( :yes: :yes: :yes: to 0rph3u5's questions )
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 03:35:10 am by Veers »
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Isa:
At frist I would like to apologize for the obvious rudeness of other questions already asked (if you didn't know asking a woman her age is actually considered a transgession against the social norm in some terran cultures).
Some of my kin often forget their proper education when confronted with a woman of such beauty and obvious intellectual sophistication such as you.
If there is any way to make up for any offense you might have taken, I would be happly to oblige.

Now if you would please endulge me with the answers to a few question I've been saveing for a competent member of Cyvrian Star Armada; Since until now appearently only Crystal was avalible to comment such matters I had supressed my own curiosity:

a) How do the Cyvrians maintain morale in comabt units during prolonged campaigns? - An article I read on the training methods of the CSA suggested that no military drill was necessary to form effective fighting units as each and every member of an unit knows their respective assignment and dedicates her-/himself to said assignment. However what happens if a weak link in the unit shows itself due to say battle fratigue?

b) Since most of the CSA is de-mobilized in peacetime (as non-defensive military duty is strictly voluntary) how is guaranteed that all combat units are fully ready when they are call upon? Are there routine training exercises?

c) Since I've never seen more than a few glimpses of a single example Cyvrian warships in action which suggested that ship favour maneuvibility and omni-directional weapon arrays over a strong front firing arc, I have been left to wonder how the CSA controls bottlenecks of the stellar battlefield such as Starlances?

If you don't mind I'd like to ask you another question which is of a rather hypothetical nature:
d) If you had been in the place of Fer'opal during the final stage of the Terran-Cyvrian war, would you have used the same strategy (retreating from Sol, regrouping with other fleet elements in Lyrae) or would you have chosen a different set of actions to combat the LSF?

And just a passing curio:
Could you recommend me a good example of Cyvrian literature and/or philosophy? (For what as come to my attention Crystal might not serve as an authority on this subject either....)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
To any:
Does the LSF have contingency plans should they go to war with the CSA again, and viceversa?

To any:
Does the LSF have contingency plans should they go to war with the CSA again, and viceversa?

Building on this, because it is interesting, how would the two sides fare in a conventional conflict should another war occur? IIRC the Cryvans easily held the upper hand in the first conflict, has the LSF learned anything from this?

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Hmm...would they really, really want to have contingency plans? They've barely managed this fragile peace, held together by the end of the war and the Joint Academy. To have contingency plans would be quite an insult, at any level because the LSF isn't what it used to be during the five-year war, making extreme breakthroughs. But war drives progress, I suppose they'd have some sort of contingency because of those mad scientists. It's kinda sad to think that Cyrva would do nothing and watch as Earth is destroyed, due to Cyrvan law. I'm sure a few Cyrvans would do all they help, but...who knows.

What does Isa think? Because Crystal was the one who blew up the Hertak Flagship, so she did help the LSF out...a lot.