Author Topic: Ask a crew member  (Read 279695 times)

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Be bewwy quiet.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
Don't worry: in space, no one can hear you *anvil*
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline Flak

...unless you forgot that your radio is stuck on 'transmit'.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
But every man with half a brain and a set of good eyes could seperate one blessed by the universe's n-dimensional toss of the m-faced coin form a true achiver. And considering I was able to read through your military record.... *stops* Oh, please believe me that I'm deply sorry for the intrusion but I had to do my research to be sure.

(To make up for my transgression I'll send you data that will allow you to track down that black market trader who sold it to me as soon as the opportunity arises; I believe he had a lot more in stock about your person than just that file. - Oh, and before you ask the file was authentic; I can't tell for sure about those other items as well... they were of a rather secondary priority to me at best. I'm too much a man of the mind.)

"Heh, easy money."

Crystal:

Just out of a passing curiosity:
Was there a way to destroy the Hertak flagship that didn't involve disinitegrating their entrie ruling caste? Surely both LSF and CSA would have had a use for prisoners of war...

"Like? Sending boarding teams into a ship manned by thousands of really angry Hertaks?
They were about to burn yet an other Terran colony to ashes, this would have killed milions. And they would have kept going until the LSF surrendered. Unlike my heartless sister, I do care about Terran lives."

Tempest:

Do you know what could earn you a lot of money? - Selling me Dawn's complete medical record; there should be a copy stored somewhere in the 1st JGASF's data-net... All you need is to access it with your authorisation code and foward it to me...

"Hey now..."

This is to anyone:

How does the New Calendar system work? It's certainly is different from our Gregorian calendar, as there's a month that has apparently at least 34 days to it.

"It works with numbers."

Isa: Why are you so nice to strangers and so mean to your own sister?

"Nice?
I'm merely being polite."

Right...Isa or Crystal, I'm not sure whom to ask but I have a hypothetical situation: In a Cyrvan system being invaded by a hostile force. A CSA and LSF fleet is present to defend the system. What would be the deployment? Would the Cyrvans allow the Terran fleet to sit there blockading the node (what they do best, at least they think they do) with Cyrvan automated defenses, while the CSA fleet sits somewhere in-system with their jump drives charged, for mobile warfare?

Would the LSF fleet have command of their ships, or is everything regulated by the CSA, i.e. dragging Skirmishers and Challengers along with the CSA ships jumping all over the place? Will the LSF fleet be able to call on CSA support (MCWS/shock jumping-short staying duration Cyrvan capital beam barrage before jumping out again)?

"The Terran fleet would be able to operate on its own accord as long as it doesn't get in the way of CSA operations. LSF capital ship jump drives recharge too slowly to keep up with a CSA fleet."

Isa/Crystal: Does serving in the military run in your family? If so how far does it go back? Any famous heroes in your bloodlines?

"That it does. It goes back to our 'Ssa'yka'... which I believe translates to Grand grand grand grand grand grand father for terrans. He recently retired from service at an respectable age of 802 though."

"As for famous heroes, look no further. I am right here."

"Oh please."
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter

"It works with numbers."

Oh you. Tell me then, does this mean...that Spoon isn't going to really think about how it works and how it's structured? :p
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:10:03 pm by AndrewofDoom »
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Isa: Do they have Spoons on Cyrva

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Kunoichi: Do you think you could pull off some sneaky maneuvers if the gravity control was off?

Crystal: How was like like to be in a microgravity bath---does the Fleet Reconstruction plan include faster recharging jump drives?1?!

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Is it just me or do Cyrvan command staff seem to be composed primarily of females... not that I'm complaining. :rolleyes:

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Wasn't Crystal's father an Admiral or something like that? Still, perhaps Cyrvan females are better Mission Control than males.
Perhaps Cyrvan males working for the military are trained as grunts, where females are trained as pilots, ship commanders and strategists.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Is it just me or do Cyrvan command staff seem to be composed primarily of females... not that I'm complaining. :rolleyes:

Speaking of which...

Hey, guys, you seem to be lacking something back there. Your...uh, crew is missing.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
It's just off-time! Uhh...green alert, and crew's at their bunks. You know, how humans always complain of...well.

Offline -Norbert-

Maybe Cyrvan males and felmales faces look far more alike than is the case with Humans. Since we only see the head an shoulders, we can't really observe the more obvious sings for gender.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Since we only see the head an shoulders, we can't really observe the more obvious sings for gender.
Which is rather unfortunate, really.

(Isa: Just to be sure, you're female right)

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Since we only see the head an shoulders, we can't really observe the more obvious sings for gender.
Which is rather unfortunate, really.

(Isa: Just to be sure, you're female right)
Ah, it's rude to doubt a female when it's obvious, especially someone like Isa!

*chant chant chant*

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Rest assured, there will be males (without helmets even) and there are no traps  :p
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Nothing wrong with Mariya! That's assuring, Spoon. Very...

Offline -Norbert-

There will be.... I guess that answers the question of wether any of the above characters are male.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Rest assured, there will be males (without helmets even)
They better be one or two at most, and relatively minor characters at best.
Many a great story has been ruined by overabundance and overimportance of dudes.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
we can't really observe the more obvious sings for gender.

You dare demand proof? You dare doubt Spoon?!

as for all of you discussion "Cyvrian females vs Cyvrian males":

You aren't a credit for our species, you know?
Can't you all just trancend that whole "battle of the sexes/genders"-sh** and for once show at least one alien species that terrans have something to offer but the ability to heat air in our lungs?

Crystal:

"Like? Sending boarding teams into a ship manned by thousands of really angry Hertaks?

Even YOU managed to board the Hertak flagship with one MCWS, rescue the Cordi Queen and get out alive... Doesn't quite speak for the Hertak being able to repell boarding actions...

They were about to burn yet an other Terran colony to ashes, this would have killed milions. And they would have kept going until the LSF surrendered. Unlike my heartless sister, I do care about Terran lives."

Isn't this just another justification for a risk you were not willing to take despite the expected pay-offs?
Isn't this just another pretext to hide your lack of foresight?
Isn't this just another excuse for another one of your failures?

WHY WON'T YOU EVEN ONCE ADMIT INTO YOUR OWN FAILURES, YOUR LACK OF JUDGMENT AND YOUR POOR ABILITY TO COMMAND?!
WHY WON'T YOU EVEN ONCE ADMIT THERE IS NOTHING THAT QUALIFIES YOU BUT YOU BEING LUCKY?!

DON'T WAIT TO FOR THE TRANSLATION!
ADMIT IT!

ps. yes, I'm playing a game of "the ends justify the means"... someone give the other speech please....
pps. I always wanted to use that "don't wait for translation"-part
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 04:25:15 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline -Norbert-

Orpheus you forget something very important: Infis sacrifice!
If the ship hadn't been blown up there and then, without a minute to spare, the Hertak flagship would have gotten away to a place were it would have been untouchable and all those Armageddon ships would have wiped out the entire LSF fleet followed shortly by every Human colony. Since the CSA was tied down, no help would have come from that side, so if Crystal hadn't done what she did, the Human race would either be extinct of a thrall race of the Hertak.

Isa: Why are you so nice to strangers and so mean to your own sister?

"Nice?
I'm merely being polite."

Which very nicely circumvents the actual intent of the question: Why are you so mean to your sister?