Author Topic: Ask a crew member  (Read 279678 times)

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Good taste, but are you a male Cyrvan?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

No, but this Terran can dream, can't he? :D
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Let's hope Cyrvans aren't psychic or whatever, or we'll be in a world of hurt.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Even if they were, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be able to use it across dimensions.
You can continue your train of thought... whatever it is.

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Even if they were, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be able to use it across dimensions.
You can continue your train of thought... whatever it is.
Wait till everyone here gets kicked in the nuts by the two of them.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Now that was a fun read  :D

To any Cyrvan in general: From the individuals we've seen in this thread, there are a variety of hair colours: black, bright green, bright red and white. Do Cyrvans naturally have such a variety of hair colours, and if so, what other colours can there be?

"There are also Cyrvans with blueish and purple shades of hair colors. Terrans are sorely lacking in their hair color diversity genes."

Something just occured to me.

To Cyrvans:
What is your race's reproduction rate like? With such long life spans, I would think your population would have exploded far past planetary tolerance long before you invented space travel.

Back in the 20th century of the old human calendar, thanks to a number of medicinal advances, the average human lifespan increased by something like 20 or 30 years and our population grew to the point that some countries began instituting population restriction laws. I can't imagine what effect a centuries-long lifespan would have.

Oh, and another question: what kind of lifespan do hybrids (Terran/Cyrvan) have? Is it somewhere in between or do they tend to inherit one race's lifespan over the other?

"On average a Cyrvan couple tends to have between one and three childeren. If we had originated on a small planet like Earth, overpopulation would certainly have been an issue. However Cyrvadia is around 2.73 times the size of Earth and unlike your blue planet, Cyrvadia's oceans only cover around 40% of the surface. We had plenty of space to grow.

On the other question, there are currently no known hybrids older than 50 years. So its not yet known what age they could reach."

Wasn't Crystal's father an Admiral or something like that? Still, perhaps Cyrvan females are better Mission Control than males.
Perhaps Cyrvan males working for the military are trained as grunts, where females are trained as pilots, ship commanders and strategists.

"Now that's just plain silly, gender has nothing to do with how well one performs in a given duty. On that note, there is no such thing as a Cyrvan grunt. 'Grunt' is such a crude terran definition.

Also, our father is a Rear admiral of the 5th order."

Crystal is (somewhat) cute and I guess, nice
Crystal is ALWAYS cute.

"Aaaww, quit it you people."

Which very nicely circumvents the actual intent of the question: Why are you so mean to your sister?

"We just happen to disagree on a few matters."

"You are just a big meanie...
Why are you still here anyway...?"

"I can't very well leave my new found slaves servants alone now can I?"
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Nuclear1

All this obsession with Cyrvans when there's a perfectly good Misuzu around. 

(^_^)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
To all.
I have noticed several recent references to the higher levels of Cyrvan Government/Military structure, how do they differ to Terran organisation?

My next question goes back a few pages
Quote from: headdie
kind of like a family crest/war banner? Do the families only have one design per family or can they very depending on success, social/military position, gender, personal preference?

"One design per family is the most common yes, and they usually do not change much. Though my sister often adds an extra stripe for... eh, some reason. I'm personally happy with having just one simple stripe, there are some Hyalj designs that take like ten minutes to apply."

I presume Isa is the sister referred to, so Isa if that is the case is there a reason for this that you care to enlighten us with?
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Snail

• SC 5

(^_^)
Elves are just better

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
The ears give them charm.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
The ears give them charm.

Tru dat, and Crystal IS just cute. Plain and simple.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Isa is more cuter

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
On that note, there is no such thing as a Cyrvan grunt. 'Grunt' is such a crude terran definition.
He might have meant "grunt" as in "trooper". At least in US Army/Marines, foot soldiers in general are called that. It once was derogatory, but now it's not.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I've never heard Grunt used to describe our infantrymen once.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR

(^_^)
This time around, I definitely prefer humans...

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
OK, Perhaps this meaning is less common than I thought and restricted to millitary slang.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Foot soldiers are only called that in the Covenant.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
OK, Perhaps this meaning is less common than I thought and restricted to millitary slang.
I mean I haven't heard it in the four years I've spent in the U.S. Army, spent most of it with a good number of people who were current and former infantry, usually they call everyone Soldiers or Battles if they're talking about people they worked with a lot.

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Crystal blushed! We're saved! But hmm...in today, we don't have the soldiers and size of humanity to call soldiers grunts. Maybe China does, but...until we are an intergalactic empire, no grunts...yet.

But I noticed on the grunt thingy Isa's expression changed...a bit. Like a more serious tone...but it's good that Isa isn't leaving her new...servants alone!

...so...how does the oceans of Cyrvadia affect the Cyrvan culture/lifestyle/technological progress? As you know, 71% of Earth's surface is water, so we've had much to fear, learn and exploit from it. I bet it means the Cyrvans don't have awesome beaches and stuff like Earth does all over the place! But then again, that 40% of ocean from Cyrvadia could very well be 80%+ of Earth's ocean...

Oh and, does Cyrvadia have a terrestrial navy, army and airforce? I'm just curious, because I'm a staunch supporter that hybrid air/space (exception of the variable fighters!) fighters don't perform as well as pure air superiority fighters. My guess is that the navy is small, because Cyrvadia doesn't have a lot of ocean. The army would be...well, small too, because they don't like close quarters combat and because of their doctrine, orbital control equates to control over the planet. I guess the airforce would be the tiny as well, though fighters should be capable of delivering air-to-space missiles by N.C.145 or something, and even exceed escape velocity.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 09:47:47 pm by Destiny »