Author Topic: Ask a crew member  (Read 279670 times)

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
I believe Cyrvans prioritize shielding and maneuverability over being a thick wall. Plus, if a blocky MCWS would look really bad compared to something like this.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
The hell is that thing?

Offline -Norbert-

403 Forbidden
nginx/0.7.64
That is all I see there.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Just highlight the URL again and hit Enter.
It's some weird quadraped mecha thing with wheels.

I believe Cyrvans prioritize shielding and maneuverability over being a thick wall. Plus, if a blocky MCWS would look really bad compared to something like this.

Yeah, not a fan of that. No idea what it is, but it looks noisy and overdone to me. Plus it has Mecha-boobs, and those are never a good thing.

The MCWS should remain Mobile Suits  :P

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
it has Mecha-boobs, and those are never a good thing.
Unless they are simply poorly placed compartments for more dakka.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Unless they are simply poorly placed compartments for more dakka.

Unless I see proof that said mammaries are, in fact, Dakka repositories, they shall remain a bad thing. :D

Or it could be similar to the Tengen Toppa Yoko W Tank (spoilers) and have the mammaries be giant missiles.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 09:43:11 pm by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Or it could be similar to the Tengen Toppa Yoko W Tank (spoilers) and have the mammaries be giant missiles.

Those fall under the classification of Dakka repository.

I also need to watch those damn movies.

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Mechaboobs are bad to me, no matter the use.

Yeah, not a fan of that. No idea what it is, but it looks noisy and overdone to me.
Hmm...is it really that different? Dang. I guess all of you prefer giant space colonies duking it out.

Here you go, a comparison. I'm not comparing the mecha modes, because the Aestival's based on the GM.

Here you go, a comparison. I'm not comparing the mecha modes, because the Aestival's based on the GM.

They look a bit more similar than I thought they would, though I prefer the blockier design of the Aestival, since that other thing looks like it has too many structurally weak parts that could be shot off easily, and the Aestival is already pushing things in that regard itself. (Just out of curiosity, what is that other ship/mech anyway?)

I'm still trying to figure out exactly how an Aestival transforms into a GM Knock-off, though :nervous:

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Oh believe me, the more flashy/has lots of things on a ship in an standard anime, the stronger it is. Just generalization and not universal truth, but...yeah. (That ship is known as a 'QT-ARMS', named Star Slyph. I suppose Spoon derived the Aestival from it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was entirely original.)

Well, the way the Aestival transforms definitely is different from the Star Slyph, because it retains the ring. From the M20 video, I suppose the cockpit block of the Aestival folds down and pops up the GM head from the hull...that's the only thing I know that is possible with 21st century (not anime!) physics, because the Aestival can't phase through itself...maybe the ring recombines or something, or the thrusters are detachable, or something like ultracompactness. If Macross can do ultracompactness at that level, I'm not surprised stuff in the Spooniverse CSA can't. Hell, their ships are giant QT-ARMS, which is evidently epic.

Maybe you should ask Crystal how the Aestival transforms? (Because this should be put in the WoD discussion topic, haha.)

Although, I do have some questions myself...Crystal once said information on CSA stuff was classified, but I'm going to throw a wrench into a bush and ask. Is the Aestival shieldless, to improve on it's stealth? Shield energy/entire theory of shielding/shield generators might have detectable signatures or somethingy.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
To all.
I have noticed several recent references to the higher levels of Cyrvan Government/Military structure, how do they differ to Terran organisation?

"The Cyrvan government consists of ten circles. The 10th circle being the largest with thousands of people in it and he 1st circle the smallest with only a handful of elders and high admirals in it. This convulted system works like this: Let's say for example that there is a project proposed for a large park in a city on the planet Desa. The 10th circle will examine and discuss this project and eventually votes on it. A majority vote is reached and the project is greenlit. In 90% of the cases this is where it ends. However there are cases where someone in the 9th circle is completely opposed to spending resources on this project and he/she can ask for a vote to have a vote about this project for the 9th circle. This could potentially mean that the 9th circle can veto the project. Which often in turn leads to lobbying to get the 8th circle to take a look at it. And so forth.
This becomes increasingly annoying when it comes to military funding and operations, as a circle consists of both military personnel and civilians. To elaborate on that a bit more: A High Captain in active frontline service is eligible to be in the 8th circle but is not part of the active decision making until he/she resigns from active service and takes a political military 'deskjob'. This does not go for Rear Admirals and higher, they are expected to be able to lead and do paper work at the same time.

The 5th circle is a special case as only winged ones are in it. "

I presume Isa is the sister referred to, so Isa if that is the case is there a reason for this that you care to enlighten us with?
"I do not care to enlighten you about this."

...so...how does the oceans of Cyrvadia affect the Cyrvan culture/lifestyle/technological progress? As you know, 71% of Earth's surface is water, so we've had much to fear, learn and exploit from it.
"I figure its about the same, but I admit that I'm not all that well versed on the subject."

Oh and, does Cyrvadia have a terrestrial navy, army and airforce? I'm just curious, because I'm a staunch supporter that hybrid air/space (exception of the variable fighters!) fighters don't perform as well as pure air superiority fighters. My guess is that the navy is small, because Cyrvadia doesn't have a lot of ocean. The army would be...well, small too, because they don't like close quarters combat and because of their doctrine, orbital control equates to control over the planet. I guess the airforce would be the tiny as well, though fighters should be capable of delivering air-to-space missiles by N.C.145 or something, and even exceed escape velocity.
"The Navy was disbanded many many years ago. Ships have no where to hide and are just sitting ducks when orbital bombardment comes into play. The Spaceforce doubles as the Airforce, MCWS' are all equipped with anti gravity drives and inertia cancellers and thus perform just as well in the atmosphere as in space. For that matter they are also the primary force on the ground in mech form. We have yet to see the day in which a hostile force sets foot on one of our planets, so until that day happens our ground forces are very likely to remain as small as they are now."

Crystal, was a tank form ever considered for Cyrvan MCWS?  If so, why was it rejected?  Why was the mech form ultimately chosen?

"Because of the neural interface our craft operate on. In mech form a MCWS acts just like a large suit of powered armor. A tank certainly has a edge over a mech in battle on a open field, however the advantage goes to a mech in urban combat. And we think that the majority of ground combat would be fought inside cities and such."

Crystal, given the significantly greater dimensions of Cyrvadia itself in relation to Earth, how can you explain the phyique of the Cyrvan race? And if the case is that the density of the planet is much less than that of Earth per unit area, isn't Cyrvadia rather lacking in mineral resources? Heavy metals and industral resources tend to be rather massive elements, after all.
"Eeeeh, you want me to explain why Cyrvans and Terrans look alike? It's a mystery of this universe.
Cyrvadia is/was pretty abundant in mineral resources actually. Also, gravity on Cyrvadia is 0.93 compared to Earth."

To anyone with command level access:
How is the total cost of supplying and outfitting the Guardian Angel per sortie compared with a CSA or LSF ship in a similar role?
"About 10% more than outfitting a LSF Champion class. This is mostly due to the additional costs of accommodating CSA equipment."

To the Cyvrans:
1) You all appear to come from Cyvra, leaving me to wonder how high the ratio of officers and crew from Desa is...

2) If you are in command of a fighting unit: How hard was the competition is each of your classes for the "command spot"?

"Competition? Surely you jest.

What do you base your assumption that everyone is from Cyrvadia on?"

I don't believe the Cyrvans would surrender. At least Isa won't.
...right, Isa?
"Surrendering becomes an option when every beam emitter is burned out and every missile has been fired. Until then I expect everyone of my crew to fight until their last breath.

Alas I do not speak for every Cyrvan."

Speaking of civilian injuries and terrible damage....

Isa and Crystal: What are your opinions about "collateral damage"? You know what I mean. What is in your opinion "collateral damage?"

"Harming Civilian and non combatants should be avoided in all cases."

"There is no such thing as collateral damage when a goal needs to be achieved."

Maybe one of the winged ones had a vision about the Hertak and thus made sure Crystal would have the means to rescue the Coordi Queen ;)

"Some of them did, but the 'LSF does not act on vague premonitions and dreams of mystery angels'
At least, that's one of the many stories I heard going about after the Hertak retreated back to their own space."

Although, I do have some questions myself...Crystal once said information on CSA stuff was classified, but I'm going to throw a wrench into a bush and ask. Is the Aestival shieldless, to improve on it's stealth? Shield energy/entire theory of shielding/shield generators might have detectable signatures or somethingy.

"It's still classified. But no, that is not the reason."

I'm not comparing the mecha modes, because the Aestival's based on the GM.
That ship is known as a 'QT-ARMS', named Star Slyph. I suppose Spoon derived the Aestival from it
Yes and Yes (well technically it was the Hazel, but that's just a glorified GM with a Gundam head attached to it). also I can't draw to save my life.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Isa: What do you think of the "winged ones"?

Offline -Norbert-

To any Cyrvan who is willing to answer:
How are the members of the 10 circles chosen and how long does one of them stay "in office" untill they have to either get chosen again or abdicate?

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
"Surrendering becomes an option when every beam emitter is burned out and every missile has been fired. Until then I expect everyone of my crew to fight until their last breath.

Alas I do not speak for every Cyrvan."
And then you realize you are commanding a very, VERY big solid slug that can do a lot of damage if steered in the right direction: "RAMMING SPEED!"
Unless that's 'so crude, only a Terran would do it'?

"There is no such thing as collateral damage when a goal needs to be achieved."
:yes:
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Maybe you should ask Crystal how the Aestival transforms? (Because this should be put in the WoD discussion topic, haha.)

Probably should have just done that in the first place, shouldn't I?

To any Cyrvan, are you allowed to go into detail about the transformation process of the Aestival, and if so, how is it done?

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Hmm, Cyrvans are really, really unique from all the responses I gather. Really interesting. Urban combat, hmm...I suppose the CSA wouldn't mind if the LSF deployed their tanks on the fields and open grounds before a major Cyrvan city/control center/forward outpost, and let them get slaughtered if a Cyrvan vanguard had prepare a planet for exploitation (if the government orders...)/establish a foothold and there were hostiles from ground and space, when both the LSF and CSA having not secured orbit and land yet?

My bad if the whole idea is a bit foolish, I'm just really curious how well the two factions would work together for a common good/assist each other.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
How do terrans pass the time when not in combat? Other than Misuzu playing video games in her fighter's cockpit, that is.

Offline -Norbert-

One of them is probably checking the local bounties and markets for a quick opportunity to make money I suppose :lol: