Author Topic: Ask a crew member  (Read 279659 times)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
It could be more nutritous (lolwut), then it would be a fact.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Relative caffeine content could also be measurably different.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Cyrvans are too refined to drink coffee. They sip tea like true gents.

Or they drink the delicious tears from jealous terrans. The bastards.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Enzo03

Orphan Tears.
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I apologize to those that have asked questions recently and haven't had them answered yet.
I'm aware, but I've just been to busy doing 'stuff' and just failed to make time for an answer post.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline -Norbert-

Who are you? We weren't talking to you, but to Misuzu, Crystal, Isa and the rest of the people from the WoD universe! :P

On a more serious note, don't worry about it. If it brings us WoD2 faster, I'm sure we are all happy about you doing "stuff" instead of answering questions. :yes:

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
What happened to the members of the wing the Guardian Angel launched in while recharging its drives in Alpha Draconis before leaving the system, that first time Misuzu got to fly a Caliburn? You know, Fire, Crossfire, and one other guy who whose name had nothing to do with fire?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
If it brings us WoD2 faster, I'm sure we are all happy about you doing "stuff" instead of answering questions. :yes:
The girls are now training. Please wait warmly until they are ready.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Ahhh, the nostalgia. When was that message lost, in Mountain of Faith?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Don't you mean, Unidentified Funnels Observatory? :P

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
A few of them but I don't remember which ones.

Yeah, it got replaced by the message "Girls are now praying..." I think... can't read kanji, but I do recognize "小女” ("girl"), so it's obviously not just "Now loading" like the English patches say.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 12:50:45 am by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Enzo03

To a Cyrvan in the LCSF, IDC who:
There's this new gauntlet sim.  Your thoughts?
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Now imagine that, when I'm not wasting time talking to dumb people about manners on the other side of this fine forum. I can actually take some time to relay these answers from the other side of the universe! (a few questions will be answered later on)

So, Luna/Crystal, have you two managed to wrangle any time with the next generation Terran fighters that are coming out? If so, what did you think of them in comparison to your own race's strike craft?

"Well on paper the Ray IV looks like a decent fighter, I've been too busy to fly it myself so I'm afraid I cannot give you a comparison."

"I try to avoid flying Terran fighters if I can help it.

What are these bubbles doing here...?"

To any Terran/Cyrvan:
Have engagements with Armageddon-class vessels changed current war doctrines?
What do you think your respective races will develop with the specific role of countering them: faster bombers to be deployed in large quantities, bigger, heavily armed bombers with really powerful bombs, or going Inferno (large warships capable of taking them one-on-one)?

"Terran capital ship focus has shifted from strong forward firepower dependant on formations to broadside firepower with improved jump mobility.
While Challengers and Skirmishers are capable of taking down an Armageddon with focused fire, it has proven to be extremely costly. Once a battlegroup commits to a take down, they either take the ship down or die trying. The new ship classes have secondary jump drives so they can get jump out if things go south."

"The question should be, have the Hertak changed any of their war doctrines after encountering us."

I have a question for anyone who can answer. Do humans have any kind of technological advantage over cyrvans?

EDIT: And I mean ANYTHING like better coffee, medical care or something like that.

"We're far more advance in genetic research, definitely have better coffee and we make awesome pancakes."

To both Cryvan and Terran:

Am I the ONLY person who honestly believes the Hertak are compensating for something with their ships?

Isa, if you've ever seen Terran Anime, Movies, ECT. Was there ever a starship that made you want it?

For me, it was the SDF-1.

Also, were there any human created tactics that impress you or anything?

And last question..Have you read Sun Tzu's Art of War?

"Definitely compensating for something.
Can't say I ever did.
Not really.
Again no."

In the CSA it's probably Crystal's Art of War, or Isa's Art of Subjugating Terrans :P
"I like that last one."

To Dawn: Now that some time has passed, do you feel any more at ease/at home/comfortable with the major differences between your time and the present?. Understandably it is a hard experience, so how have you been coping with the changes up until now. ?

"It took me a while, but I've adapted.
Though I'm repeately being told that my jokes are racist or rude for some reason. I guess some things that are acceptable in one time frame are not in an other."

To Crystal: Does Isa have a warm(/fuzzy) side and does she show it often?. (if no), Is it even possible for her to have such a side?

"Hundred percent Tsun, zero percent dere"

"I'm proud, you are getting the hang of this!"

"..."

"I have no idea what you are on about little sis."

To Isa: Apparently you have a hitlist, how many people are currently on it and how many are still.. kicking?

"I'm afraid you have been misinformed. I do not let grudges accumulate long enough that I could make a list of them."
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
"We're far more advance in genetic research, definitely have better coffee and we make awesome pancakes."
Yeeeaaahh buddy. :D

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
"What are these bubbles doing here...?"

Did you just make your cockpit a bubble bath? Cyrvans sure are advanced.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Hmmm...I wonder how the average Cyrvan would go in a 1v1 with a Terran...Fast reflexes may be great, but it appears Cyrvans can be pretty fragile. Of course, some peculiar Terrans reckon they can beat a Cyrvan with the power of their mind...

"On average a trained in hand to hand combat Terran will pretty much always win against a Cyrvan. Cyrvan's bodies are featherweight (especially the women) and their attacks have no weight behind them. At least not enough to knock out one of us. The most succesful strategy they have is attempting to dodge until the their opponent is out of breath and then using that chance to pummel them into submission."

What happened to the members of the wing the Guardian Angel launched in while recharging its drives in Alpha Draconis before leaving the system, that first time Misuzu got to fly a Caliburn? You know, Fire, Crossfire, and one other guy who whose name had nothing to do with fire?
"Still flying with the 1st JGASF."

To a Cyrvan in the LCSF, IDC who:
There's this new gauntlet sim.  Your thoughts?

"Care to be a bit more specific? Which gauntlet sim are you talking about?"

and back to crystal.  what are the requirements for immigrating.  i would like to know.  give myself something to work towards once this damn war is over and us soldiers get to go home.
"As far as I know you have to be able to understand and speak the basics of our language so you can get around without the use of a translator. You also need to have a understanding of Cyrvan culture and mannerism. I believe they also screen you on your intelligence and I heard being good looking also helps...

Just for the record, I have no part in any of this."
Urutorahappī!!

Offline -Norbert-

Screen for intelligence and looking good helps?
I think that crosses the line between arrogance and pettyness (is that even a word?)...
...crosses the line between being arrogant and being petty by quite a far margin.

My first criteria would be the criminal background (or hoprefully lack thereof) followed by language skills and mannerism on an equal basis. Maybe MAYBE a psychological evaluation of the persons tendency towards aggresiveness and/or violence, but never the looks or intelligence.
I mean how would you feel if your told "Sorry, but you are just too stupid and ugly to be allowed on our planet, but we do allow this highly intelligent and goodlooking murderer in."?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
You know, some things are implied even though they may be left out on the discussion.

Offline -Norbert-

But in this case nothing at all was implyed. Maybe considered too obvious to mention, but certainly not implyed.
Either way, my comment about it being petty was in accordance to the intelligence tests and the looks and still stands as it is, even if they do consider criminality.