Author Topic: Ask a crew member  (Read 279696 times)

Quote from:  Crystal
"As far as I know you have to be able to understand and speak the basics of our language so you can get around without the use of a translator. You also need to have a understanding of Cyrvan culture and mannerism. I believe they also screen you on your intelligence and I heard being good looking also helps...

Just for the record, I have no part in any of this."

good something to work for.  i guess all my scars i have acquired in the service wont score me points in the looks department :D. but the only difficulty i world see is speaking the language.

also as a terran if i did git citizenship would i be prohibited from joining a branch of your armed forces?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Quote from: Hartzaden
good something to work for.  i guess all my scars i have acquired in the service wont score me points in the looks department :D. but the only difficulty i world see is speaking the language.

also as a terran if i did git citizenship would i be prohibited from joining a branch of your armed forces?

"Not prohibited but it is slightly uncommon. The majority of Terrans enlisting in the CSA end up as armed security details onboard ships or stationed planetside. It pays well and there is always a shortage of new recruits/volunteers (It's not a really popular job among Cyrvans)."

Quote from: -Norbert-
Screen for intelligence and looking good helps?
I think that crosses the line between arrogance and pettyness (is that even a word?)...
...crosses the line between being arrogant and being petty by quite a far margin.

"The Cyrvans are petty and arrogant?!
News at 11 as this story develops."
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Ooh, Isa likes my statement o:

Right...uhh...seeing how the Cyrvans don't really like to fight in close combat, does this mean the CSA's Marines, capture-that-enemy-ship-now-crew or etc. could potentially be mostly Terrans? (Hurray for symbiotic relationship~)

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.
Dawn: "I bet I could mind crush a Cyrvan from 100 yards away."

hey Dawny, what does this involve, and do you reckon you could take out Crystal?... ;) Can you do the same thing to Terrans?

"If you'll allow me on the technicals.
The standard Cleo-132 cockpit found in most LSF strike craft these days have three screens capable of handling resolutions up to 32768x32768. We stopped bothering with response times several decades ago. It's all somewhere in the range of 0.0001ms these days.
In addition to a 80x zoom, the cockpit indeed has the additional features you listed. While the advanced sensor variant can also pick up subspace waves and a whole list of extra things.
There is also the option to have 'screen in screen' windows, allowing the pilot to track up to 10 different targets (friend or foe) in smaller view screens. And it alerts the pilot when a hostile is targeting him."

So...all this technology and neural interface, etc, but it seems like you are wearing some kind of microphone...I would have thought Infi would be more advanced in that regard...or am I missing out on something here?... :)

and...um...doesn't that hair in your eye ever get annoying?

"On average a trained in hand to hand combat Terran will pretty much always win against a Cyrvan. Cyrvan's bodies are featherweight (especially the women) and their attacks have no weight behind them. At least not enough to knock out one of us. The most succesful strategy they have is attempting to dodge until the their opponent is out of breath and then using that chance to pummel them into submission."

hmmm.....or you could just stand still and face the Cyrvan while they dance all around you and run out of breath...  ;7 I wonder how they'd go in the Olympics... :drevil:

Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.

Offline -Norbert-

"If you'll allow me on the technicals.
The standard Cleo-132 cockpit found in most LSF strike craft these days have three screens capable of handling resolutions up to 32768x32768. We stopped bothering with response times several decades ago. It's all somewhere in the range of 0.0001ms these days.
In addition to a 80x zoom, the cockpit indeed has the additional features you listed. While the advanced sensor variant can also pick up subspace waves and a whole list of extra things.
There is also the option to have 'screen in screen' windows, allowing the pilot to track up to 10 different targets (friend or foe) in smaller view screens. And it alerts the pilot when a hostile is targeting him."

So...all this technology and neural interface, etc, but it seems like you are wearing some kind of microphone...I would have thought Infi would be more advanced in that regard...or am I missing out on something here?... :)

The more interresting question to me is: All that technology and still you can get blinded by bright explosions and looking directly into the sun. Why didn't anyone bother to darken the view when you otherwise would be blinded? Considering LSF craft don't even have translucent cockpits and everything is shown on screens, that should be a quite trivial matter to do.

Offline Eratharon

• Cocky Pilot
I have a question for anyone who can answer. Do humans have any kind of technological advantage over cyrvans?

EDIT: And I mean ANYTHING like better coffee, medical care or something like that.

"We're far more advance in genetic research, definitely have better coffee and we make awesome pancakes."

Good, pancakes are the best so I'm not complaining  :). Does advenced genetic research make colonizing new planets easier?
-Woohoo new campaign! No time to play? ****!!

-Why in the bloody hell is command only giving Colossus ONE wing of bombers against the Sathanas?!

I'm pretty sure genetic engineering among Terrans is illegal. Bad memories of the UEU and all...
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
to any Cyrvan, is their any aspect of Terran society, you would like to be apart of your own.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline -Norbert-

I'm pretty sure genetic engineering among Terrans is illegal. Bad memories of the UEU and all...
I'm not so sure about that. The problem with the UEU was that in effect they were a dictatorship forcing people to get modified, wether they liked it or not.
If it's on a strictly voluntary basis, with certain limits, I don't think there would be too many people opposed. There might be some genetic purist factions, but considering that thanks to the UEUs meddling there are as good as no genetically unmodified or "pure" Terrans left, their point of view would be hard to uphold.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Can we have more Misuzu x Crystal, pl0x?
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter

Aw yyeeeeeaaaahhhhh.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline -Norbert-

To anyone willing to answer:
I have questions regarding finances. What kind of currencies are used WoD? Is it credits, or some actual currency with coins and banksnotes?
Do all Human systems share the same currency, or are they diverse?
What kind of currency are the Cyrvan using?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Right...uhh...seeing how the Cyrvans don't really like to fight in close combat, does this mean the CSA's Marines, capture-that-enemy-ship-now-crew or etc. could potentially be mostly Terrans? (Hurray for symbiotic relationship~)

"If a terran marine boarding team is available, then yes it is preferable that they do the job.
They are... better at it."

hey Dawny, what does this involve, and do you reckon you could take out Crystal?... ;) Can you do the same thing to Terrans?

"Oh I totally could.
I once made her right ear twitch uncontrollably as she was giving out orders to someone. That was funny up till the point she figured out it was my doing."

"Are you mocking my microphone? Surely you wouldn't be so cruel to make fun of my only trademark vintage NC0044 creative x732 headset?"

"And now you are even making fun of my hair? What kind of monster are you?!"

hmmm.....or you could just stand still and face the Cyrvan while they dance all around you and run out of breath...  ;7 I wonder how they'd go in the Olympics... :drevil:

"We are fast runners and high jumpers. We would crush the Terran opposition in their silly sport events.

We just never tried."

The more interresting question to me is: All that technology and still you can get blinded by bright explosions and looking directly into the sun. Why didn't anyone bother to darken the view when you otherwise would be blinded? Considering LSF craft don't even have translucent cockpits and everything is shown on screens, that should be a quite trivial matter to do.

"You are totally right. What is up with that? Who designs these things?!"

to any Cyrvan, is their any aspect of Terran society, you would like to be apart of your own.

"Terrans are really hard workers and I feel thats because their society is always encouraging self improvement. I think we Cyrvans could stand to take a few lessons from that."

I'm not so sure about that. The problem with the UEU was that in effect they were a dictatorship forcing people to get modified, wether they liked it or not.
If it's on a strictly voluntary basis, with certain limits, I don't think there would be too many people opposed. There might be some genetic purist factions, but considering that thanks to the UEUs meddling there are as good as no genetically unmodified or "pure" Terrans left, their point of view would be hard to uphold.

"Yes, what -Norbert- said.
There's actually an interesting movement going on with people tracing back their family line origins and discovering that their ancestors had dark colored skins that were at one point forcefully engineered out by the UEU. And they are now having that trait engineered back into their family lines.
People of this time don't look back with much pride about the UEU's time of reign. Which is something Dawn hasn't quite grasped yet, ahaha~"

To anyone willing to answer:
I have questions regarding finances. What kind of currencies are used WoD? Is it credits, or some actual currency with coins and banksnotes?
Do all Human systems share the same currency, or are they diverse?
What kind of currency are the Cyrvan using?
"The UEU introduced the 'United Currency' or UC for short, which is a credit based system. We still use UC to this day and thankfully all systems opted to continue using it after the civil war, I can hardly imagine what kind of mess it would be if each planet decided to start using its own currency system.

The Cyrvans have their own wierd kinda currency system which I do not fully grasp, but supposely it all makes perfect sense to our pointy eared friends. In the end it more or less works the same as our system. It is named something along the lines of Ies-, Iesty-, Iest'v-... something. I can't pronounce it....
We just call it Cyrvan Credits these days and I must add with a small amount of pride that currently the UC is valued slightly above the CC and that's even after the massive damage that was done to our colonies."

Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I'm sorry, but Dawn's pouty face is too cute.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
"If a terran marine boarding team is available, then yes it is preferable that they do the job.
They are... better at it."

If a bit messy. I wonder who does the cleaning job afterwards.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Probably Terrans.  Do you really think Cyrvans would get their hands dirty doing something like cleaning up after infantry combat?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.

"Are you mocking my microphone? Surely you wouldn't be so cruel to make fun of my only trademark vintage NC0044 creative x732 headset?"

"And now you are even making fun of my hair? What kind of monster are you?!"

Awww.....sorry Dawny, I didn't mean to make you cry...I'll just smile and be happy, you'll cheer up pretty soon... ;)

"We are fast runners and high jumpers. We would crush the Terran opposition in their silly sport events.

We just never tried."

Well then, it seems weightlifting, shot-put, hammer throw, javelin, rowing, etc are not silly sport events... :p

To anyone, what do you think of a demolition derby event using captured Nedora fighters?...
Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Those things lack afterburners! What are you thinking?!

Should be simple to refit them with afterburners and put a big red button labeled "ZOOOOOM!!!" in the cockpits.  Still doesn't solve the lack of sporty red paint jobs though. :nono:
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline -Norbert-

Wait... so you say building LSF afterburners into an alien design is less trouble that sprying the ship red?
Hm... spraying a ship red...

Is there something like paintball, but in space and with fighters? I think that would be a good training method.
Imagine the pilots having to clean their ships themselfs afte such a training session. That would surely motive them to give their best :lol:.