Author Topic: Ask a crew member  (Read 279670 times)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
With simulators I don't see why they'd need painball dogfighting drills.

Offline -Norbert-

Because if you get hit in the simulator it has only arbitrary consequences, like getting extra duty or somesuch.
But if you get hit in a paintball match and have to clean your own fighter, it a direct result of your flying. So it might help to motivate people better.
Also there is the matter of G-forces. Unless of course LSF fighters come for super-advanced inertial dampners that completely nullify any g-force or their simulators can simulate g-forces too.

Also it's more fun (right up untill they have to clean their fighers at any rate).

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Kind of like paintball in that way. You have very big motivation of not getting hit because if you do it hurts...

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Also there is the matter of G-forces. Unless of course LSF fighters come for super-advanced inertial dampners that completely nullify any g-force or their simulators can simulate g-forces too.
LSF could go to CSA's workshop and knock: "Moshi moshi, can I buy your inertial dampeners that you use on your MCWS please?" :P I wonder though, if it's that simple. Crystal'll probably say no.

Offline Quanto

• Permanent Nostalgia Goggles
I'm sorry, but Dawn's pouty face is too cute.
Dawns pouty face may be too cute, but Crystal's "ugh, stupid terrans..." face is even cuter.  I get the urge to glomp every time i see it. :D
00:41:58 <DarthGeek>: I might do it, I need to build a reputation of someone who doesn't suffer fools
(DarthGeek on: "Relentless")

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Oh Quanto, you masochist. Do you like being looked down upon by elves?
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.
*Quanto eagerly awaits Crystal's response to his comments...
Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.

Offline Quanto

Oh Quanto, you masochist. Do you like being looked down upon by elves?
I just like to add to her annoyance. Maybe if her ears weren't so mobile it wouldn't be a big deal, but its just hilarious to see them flap around on every emotional change  :drevil:
00:41:58 <DarthGeek>: I might do it, I need to build a reputation of someone who doesn't suffer fools

Offline CaptJosh

Why do I get the feeling you go gaga over catgirls too?
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Quanto

Naw, just elves. I hate fur, its nasty man.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Catgirls don't necessarily have fur. You are quite misinformed.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline CaptJosh

Aside from that, how the hell is fur nasty?
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Quanto

I won't even go there >_>
I think we've derailed this enough, eh?

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
"Are you mocking my microphone? Surely you wouldn't be so cruel to make fun of my only trademark vintage NC0044 creative x732 headset?"

Don't worry, we don't all think your microphone is silly. And I'm sure it's important as it's one of the very few possesions you'd have from your life in the past.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Infi was a very advanced AI. Are there similar things in CSA/LSF ships? They could be useful in a number of ways.
Of course, until it is subverted somehow and goes Event Horizon on the ship's crew.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I'm trying my best to remember but I don't think AI was involved at all in Event Horizon, all the OSHI---****ery was from the ship making that jump through Hell in Space.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Infi was a very advanced AI. Are there similar things in CSA/LSF ships? They could be useful in a number of ways.
Of course, until it is subverted somehow and goes Event Horizon on the ship's crew.
You're thinking H.A.L., from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
That indeed I am.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.
"Are you mocking my microphone? Surely you wouldn't be so cruel to make fun of my only trademark vintage NC0044 creative x732 headset?"

Don't worry, we don't all think your microphone is silly. And I'm sure it's important as it's one of the very few possessions you'd have from your life in the past.

oh, come on you...I wasn't to know that it wasn't part of Infi... :p
Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.

Offline LoneFan

Luna: Tell us about your family.
Have any interesting experiences growing up?
Have you ever had a boyfriend/Girlfriend and what kind of person do you like?

Crystal: As I understand it, there is a minority among the Cryvan who have the ability to tell the future. What else can you tell us about them.